Home

Space Kashyyyk: First Line of defence help!

turnerkid

Really struggling in the Kashyyyk space battle!!

What am I doing wrong? How can you defeat the two big ships???

Does the Objective "Droid Frigates are inbound, destroy them quickly!" really mean the 2 big ships? Or does it mean the small fighters!

Arghhh! help! I dont want to bypass this level, I want to finish it!

it means the clan banking ships you have to destory some fighters at a certain point of the level but you don't have to at that time just destory the ships that say banking clan ships the ones that are about 3x as small as the flagships where the hangers are

• 3 weeks later...
:roleyess: Still can't do it. By the time I destroy the ships, my time runs out or I have the same problem with the turrets :tommys: . Any tips? I use the V wing bomber and that helps, but always end up kamikazeeing the turrets :headblast . The problem is the game doesnt let me fly the transport so I have a spawn point on the enemy ship; that'd probably make things easier. I wish the spaceships in this game worked the same way they do in Halo where they basically act like a flying player :giveup:

• 1 month later...
Agreed. The Grievous' Fighter is worse than the V-Wing.

So ya the first objective is a bit tough. And yes, you destroy the smaller ships the move a bit.

I would have to disagree.

The V-Wing's main cannon thingie IS stronger, but the CIS Bomber fires bombs faster than the V-Wing, making it a more effective bomber. ):

I would have to disagree.

The V-Wing's main cannon thingie IS stronger, but the CIS Bomber fires bombs faster than the V-Wing, making it a more effective bomber. ):

I beg to differ. The V-Wing is more effective than the Grievous' Fighter is worse in everyway to me. Plus the V-Wing is faster. Though, probably because I use the V-Wing alot.

Well, fly "up side down" with an Arc170 works too... since there is almost no turret at the belly side of the ships, and though ARCs does not have the firepower of a bomber, the rockets are not subject to "gravity" like bombs...

So you can fight fair and attack them while staying clsoe to their unprotected belly w/o retaliation.

the frigates have a better place then that, if you fly facing one's center you should see a little space under the "wings" where you're almost completly safe from attack and any bombs you use while there will ALWAYS hit the frigate

Don't forget, you can also lob bombs from afar. You don't have to get in close to do it. Once you get the hang of the bomb's trajectory, you can basically kill them on a single pass or perhaps two.

I always use the V-Wing or any of the bombers and I can take out a frigate in maybe 2 minutes max. They're pretty easy to kill, really.

Don't bother with the ARC-170 or any of the medium fighters. They suck. They're slower than the interceptors, their secondary is weak and fires slowly. Basically, there is no need to ever fly one once you get good in a bomber and/or interceptor.

I think that each fighter has its own advantages and disadvanteges. I don't think that the ARC-170 or any of the medium fighters "suck", but I wouldn't choose to use one of them when trying to take out a frigate is my primary objective. I'd use a bomber. When speed is my main objective, I probably woudn't want to use a medium fighter either, but if taking out enemy fighters is what I'm trying to do, I would. That is what they are good at, so that is what I use them for.

This is my opinion.

The medium fighters are actually quite good for taking out turrets. The proton torpedoes appear to be unaffected by "gravity" and one launch is enough to take out a turret. If you find the autoturrets tearing you up a lot you may want to consider hopping in an X-wing/ARC 170/Droid Fighter/Tie Fighter and picking off the turrets at long range.

Archived