Home

How will reinforcing units work?

aggie_john

What I mean is, ok they say that capital ships will slowly repair themselves after a battle right? Now troops are produced in platoons or companies right. In a battle some may die but not the whole company right. Will it be like RTW where you merge troops to form full ones or will you replace lost men some how or will they replenish themselves like the ships?

The problem about "groups" at RTS that used this system (ie. Praetorians) is that you could not take a man from a group and go him for walking. So, a hurted troop among a group of 6-7, might not be replaced with another; you just must heal him somehow. Force Commander used a Hospital that could carry 4 troops (all were healed after a little) and medical droids to move withing the battlefield (one troop healed per turn).

Personally, im used to have every unit separate and organize groups myself, but this is big problem.

The only problem i have with groups is, as mentioned, that you cannot pick a single unit for some reason (not walking :) ). For example, in many multiplayer games you need to break 1-2 units to scout the area, since scouts units themselves are not strong enough to inflict/resist some damage in case they find some enemy forces. Also, apart from scouting, it is very useful sometimes to break some units to delay marching enemy forces while you retreat.

Yet, i think groups apply mainly (if not only) to troops and space figthers. Vehicles (especially the heavy ones) and ships other than fighters might be regarded as "single-unit" groups; of course, you can form up groups with the old way as well.

That's at least what i can assume from the trailers we have.

Infiltrators are the rebel commandos, the elite unit of rebels, the best of the best, the men in black that can sparse havoc in the enemy........erm, i just like infiltrators "a bit" :), no offence taken.

Anyway, infils are trained to steal enemy vehicles, especially ATATs and ATSTs. They are trained for tough situations, not for scouting around the forests and pick-nicking from time to time.

Archived