Home

Jedi temple library help?

Murf

On single player in the level where you have to destroy the jedi temple, I make it to the part where you have to keep one book shelf standing for 2 minutes. I am playing on the hardest skill level (elite I think it is). I can hold them off down to a minute then they destory the last "bookshelf". Does anyone have a strategy for this level to make it psat without the jedi destroying all the bookshelves?

The engineer is by far the best class for this part of the level in my opinion. Just focus your defence on one single bookshelf and constantly repair it with your fusion cutter, blasting any jedi or temple guards who take the time to let down their defenses and attack it. If you memorize what time the jedi drop from the ceiling you can even plant a det pack and blast a few from the start.

Thanks, I didn't realize they can be repaired!

I was wondring if setting mines done where the jedis run thru would work. They seem to not notice mines as this is how I killed them before the library part. put them in all the door ways of the room they spawn in, go in the room and back out.

Ok. with your guys advice (using Engineer to repair book case) I was able to make it past the library. I still was not able to complete the entire level. Does this level ever end?!?!? I made it to a point where I had to destroy 3 master jedis. I died before I saw any of them. Do they look the same as the others or are they Heros? Is this the end of this level? Is there may levels after this one or is this the last (the reason it is so difficult)?

Yeah, this is the end of the level at last. The jedi masters are hard to tell from the ordinary jedi, they all have blue sabers though I believe... just follow the flashing yellow arrows. Also they are tougher then normal jedi, lots more health and they can throw their sabers, which they do, alot.

After this level you finish the clone part of the campaign, and start the imperial part, so your about halfway done I would say.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so stumped in this level too :firemad:. I done everything everyone says; wait for everyone to go in ahead of me, be an engineer and repair 1 bookshelf, and I still die :ball: There's got to be an easier way? I wish you could task the bots in this game so they'll repair the bookshelves too.

Well, I notice the bookshelf at the corners are easier to repair.

Also, If you keep getting killed by the jedi wait until he FACE THE BOOKSHELF before you shotgun his head. Note that your shots CAN DAMAGE THE BOOKSHELF!!! so mind your shooting angle.

It is also nice if you use the command power to get a few AIs to go with you, preferably useful ones like grunts and engineers(for health).

Remember the spawn/drop spots for the Jedis.

Well, I notice the bookshelf at the corners are easier to repair.

Also, If you keep getting killed by the jedi wait until he FACE THE BOOKSHELF before you shotgun his head. Note that your shots CAN DAMAGE THE BOOKSHELF!!! so mind your shooting angle.

It is also nice if you use the command power to get a few AIs to go with you, preferably useful ones like grunts and engineers(for health).

Remember the spawn/drop spots for the Jedis.

Well the one time I managed to get passed the bookshelves part, I made it all the way to having to kill the 3 masters. I manage to get one and then I'm stuck getting killed. :ball: Why wont the game let me be Anakin again!? :slsaber: I'm really starting to get mad here. :firemad: This game should let you save your progress during a map that way you can go straight to where you left off

I went to the bookshelf in the far left corner. There is a med-droid there that you can heal yourself with. Don't get killed - if you do they will probably destroy the bookcase while you are waiting to spawn. Notice the timing of the jedi coming out. Just set there and repair the bookshelf. when it is time for them to come out switch to shot gun. Also notice when you are standing there, look up. you can see the jedi in the balcony and take pot shots at them if you wish (if your bookcase is at full health).

Like you, the 1st time I made it past it I was surprised by what was left and the difficulty. One way I found to defeat the last jedis is to be the Heavy Trooper. When they start to come your way, walk backwards and drop a mine in their path. They are pretty stupid and will walk right into it. If they happen to make it through, be prepared to shoot missle on ground in front of them.

Good luck and may the force be with you. ;)

• 1 month later...
The engineer is by far the best class for this part of the level in my opinion. Just focus your defence on one single bookshelf and constantly repair it with your fusion cutter, blasting any jedi or temple guards who take the time to let down their defenses and attack it. If you memorize what time the jedi drop from the ceiling you can even plant a det pack and blast a few from the start.

Yeah, the engineers are best for playing this level. They seem to be the most effective weapon againts the Jedi. One close range blast and their dead, provided if they do not block and deflect your shot back to you that is....

My stradgey for this bookshelf part is just rush inside and throw mines on the floor, this will be able to wipe out an entire group of jedi if they are clustered together. I've tried it, and its very effective. Once you're done with that, remove the remaining temple guards. While the room is empty, your fellow clones should be rushing in.

Archived