Home

Planet Destruction

Darth_Extas

Once the Death Star were to destroy a planet, what would happen to the heroes on the planet or... the heroes to be (e.g Luke Skywalker).

I'm curious because this question (I think) has not been answered.

If it has been please delete this thread.

As well do you know of any other heroes you will eventually gain over time... I have not heard any but it might be possible.

-Darth Extas

Hmm, i don't think that a whole Death Star will not be seen by the rebel player. If rebs have access to many info from imps as confirmed (due to the fact that empire is not hiding), then the player can see where Death Star is heading towards and to choose, either to escape his heroes (with other units of course too) or to let them die.

how would they escape? They see a moon approaching their planet and realize they're screwed...that's enough of a hint for me anyways. Dunno about you guys though.

Besides everybody knows that heros make heroic escapes. Just look at the Mellinium Falcon in ESB. That was insane, but the heroes escaped anyways. Just pretend that happens whenever you blow up a planet *nods*

(although I do believe in rebellion you could capture them when you blew up a planet if you had a large enough fleet with good enough officers, but then again, I don't anticipate the ability to capture enemy heroes in this game)

All they would have to do is get in some ships and run away from the planet. Didnt you read the posts above yours?

Did you read my post?

I was agreeing with the above post while also adding some more feedback.

As to selling structures and things, I don't think that will be possible once the DS has come in orbit. As Petro said, they go into battle and the outside world stops, there is only the battle and as far as I can tell, planets are destroyed inside the battle part of the game, not the galactic map part like in Rebellion.

I agree with darthfergie. Actually, if i understood well, the problem is that you might not be able to evacuate ground/planet units while space battles.....hm, well, there might be an option of "evacuate" planet thing, just for these occassions.

Also, i don't think it's very smart to evacuate a planet as soon as you se DS nearby; i mean, we can't play hide and run all the time. Besides, if the planet is very important, then the enemy won't blow up the planet, well, at a 90% possibility. If it's Tatooine, who cares? Personally, if i see DS approaching Tatoine, i would actually donate the planet to imps.....maybe after this one, they would let me evacuate with my time :)

this is kind of off topic but its about the death star what if you haad the death star approaching a rebel planet and you hit auto resolve would the death star automatically blow it up [sorry if this is extremely off topic]

I would doubt it, although we dont really know at this point. Im sure it wouldnt be the case because this dosn't sound like a good choice on the designers part becaue for players who dont like battle it would mean every planet being blown up. So I highly doubt it.

Dont worry about being off-topic, its okay every once in a while :). Even us mods I go off topic sometimes. Dont quote me on that lol

In a preview I read that a planet destroyed by the Death Star :deathii: becomes an asteroid field, so maybe if you build a space station in the system you can still get the hero? I also read that you can "change" the Star Wars Storyline in this game, so maybe Luke Skywalker grows up on a remote space station instead of Tatooine? It’s a farfetched guess but who knows? lol

This is probably a stupid question, but what happens when your hero dies? Are you able to create another hero of the same type? Maybe you have a count down timer? I doubt it though, because you probably only get one hero per planet and then after s/he dies you can't build another?

If your heroes die in a battle they are unavailable for the rest of that battle but available again at the start of the next battle. But as for if the Death Star destroys a planet that a hero is on, I'm not sure. They will probably either just die for good or somehow escape to the nearest planet.

If your heroes die in a battle they are unavailable for the rest of that battle but available again at the start of the next battle. But as for if the Death Star destroys a planet that a hero is on, I'm not sure. They will probably either just die for good or somehow escape to the nearest planet.

Well that’s cool. This would definitely encourage people to use their heroes more if they return after the battle.

EAW will probably have the hero escape to the nearest planet, or at least I hope so. What if a hero’s home planet is destroyed and the hero dies though? Like I said before, maybe building a space station in the system will allow you to have that hero again?

I have another question that is slightly off topic. If the Death Star :deathstar blows up a planet and the system becomes an asteroid field will you still be able to gain money from the system by mining the asteroids? I see there is a mining facility in the list on the official site, but I don’t know if that is for space, but it stands to reason that it will.

Archived