Home

Could someone please help me out?

Sir Vougalot

Okay. I plan to start a Walkthrough project for the demo, which I eventually hope to expand to cover the entire MOD once it's released. My problems, however, are twofold: I can't find all of the secret areas, and I have no idea where to go in the second level. I have the official strategy guide as well as a couple from the Internet, but it seems that there are not any good walkthroughs for this game at all. (A problem I wish to remedy.) The official strategy guide only reveals a few secret areas. Another one I pulled off of GameFaqs lists them all, but I can't find what they're talking about. And with both guides, I just can't figure out what they're talking about when they tell me where to go. I'll follow their directions, but when I round that corner, the next step they list is not there.

So here is what I need: A good and thorough walkthrough, one in which it is nearly impossible to get lost, and a detailed description of where to find all of the secret areas, at least in the three levels playable in the demo. Actually, it would be even better if someone could take screen shots of the secret areas. But any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

The walkthrough I plan to write will be filled with detailed descriptions as well as many screen shots for visual referrence. I plan to make this the best walkthrough in existence; but first I need to know the layout of the game (or at least the demo) well. Any help at all would be great.

Thanks.

Here's another walkthrough (in with lots of other info about the game) that might help. Also, might I suggest that you try to find everything in the original game first, then see if it's there in some form in the mod? And finally, the best way to get help with it would probably be to start it on your own and get a webpage going, and then ask people to help you fill in the holes. That way, people can see exactly what you do and don't need help with, and they can see what kind of format you're going for. Good luck!

you can't use the DF walkthru exactly because DFMOD is simply not DF.

Most things are similar to DF but not everything, and also the secrets might certainly be different.

It would be too easy if everything was 100% like DF,

but then we would not need to make it a mod for JA, eh!? :p

Since even the mappers have currently very limited time where they could work for the mod, i don't think we can afford to make / give help for a walkthrough guide.

It is certainly generous you want to start such a guide for our mod,

but please understand we cannot help you much.

In a later time, perhaps things could change, but now i don't see a large chance for it right now. sorry.

Is dark forces mod exactly the same as the old dark forces game?

I mean that the maps are the same, and the story. Or is it based on the old game?

The story is the same, and our maps are based on the originals. To all intents and purposes the maps are the same, but there are several differences - sufficient enough to make an original DF walkthrough confusing to DFMod players.

The maps are based on the originals, and everything is more or less in the same place, but things have been added and expanded - especially in the second and third levels - to take advantage of the JA engine. At first it was a bit dissorrienting for me but now I know the new levels just as well as the originals. It was actually pretty awesome that everything old is new again - which is the point of the MOD :-).

Archived