Home

Min Specs for Eaw (ANSWERED!)

Jmaster3265

Have you been waiting to find out the min specs for EaW? The wait is over according to the official Lucasarts Admin LEC] Rogue

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz

Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP

Ram: 256MB

Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) capability

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device

Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)

If those are the min specs, do you expect that the game would still be able to be run on the latest hardware (like dual-core, hyper-threading processors, and the Geofrce 7 series GPU)? Just there have been a few game recently that seem to not have supported this kind of hardware on release recently. I know that we still have about 2 months still to wait for the game.

Well it would not be fair for anyone else now would it...Too High-Quality System Specs... The Less people can play the game because less people have such High Quality system specs...But what we should be worrying about now is what the reccomended system specs are.

Indeed, Recommended specs are the part I'm worried about. And even then, sometimes the recommended specs are really somewhat low. Judging from the minimum specs though, it should be pretty much spot on with what many other games have posted.

Minimum specs Rome: Total War

Pentium® III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon 1.0GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher

256MB RAM

100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers

DirectX® 9.0b

3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers.

wow. :syoda:

I thougt that EAW would require higher system specs after watching the vids and reading the previews.

I'm going to buy another comp soon anyways, because both my current computers have problems. I've saved about a thousand bucks so far, and I'm relieved I don’t need an uber high end system.

But an uper high system would be able to play it better, and you could change its graphics from horrible(minimal specs) to good(recommended specs).

Yeah. Thats true. I'm going to go with 1gig of ram and the best processor I can get. As for video cards, I may have to upgrade it because most "out-of-the-box" systems don't come with a very good card.

don't overreact, 512 ram is more than in enough to run this. It's enough for Rome TW and Warhammer. So np.

The computer I'm looking to buy should run all the new games at least for a couple of years or so.

I'm probably going to stick with a Pentium because I had a bad experience with my Atholon processor in my other computer. I’m using my “back-up” computer because my newer one “burned” up. It sure did put out a lot of heat. I didn’t like that about the Atholon series.

Archived