Home

Min Spec for PC

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Here is the lowest spec that Empire At War will work on.

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz

Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP

Ram: 256MB

Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) capability

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device

Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)

• 1 month later...

It could be a combination of RAM and videocard. More then likely it's because of your videocard, the FX 5200 is a slightly dated card now adays having been one of the top tier cards back in the 4800 days (for NVidia), but boosting the RAM never hurts as it allows the game more memory to work with (I realize that 512 is the "reccomended" amount, but going higher than 512 doesn't hurt).

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have the full game yet, but while the demo ran well enough with the detail levels maxed, I'm wondering if any tweaks from the demo to the retail version will keep me at a lower level.

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.6 Ghz)

GPU: ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 (Radeon 9600 series)

RAM: 768 Megs

I don't know if any other specs are important. But, is that good enough to run at max detail levels? There seemed to be some slowdown in the demo while using the cinematic camera, and when zoomed in close. I guess it might have had a slower frame rate all the time, or at least on Tatooine (maybe other planets as well).

I'm not good with the hardware specs as far as how to set graphics in the games. I'm a software guy. Hardware confuses me.

System Requirements:

100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

Windows 2000/XP

Intel PIII or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster

256 MB RAM or higher

32 MB 3D card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card

8X Speed CD-ROM drive or faster

Keyboard and mouse

56Kbps or faster connection required for Multiplayer.

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.

INSTALLATION: 2.5 GB of free hard drive space required. We recommend that you have an additional 200 MB of free space available after installation.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:

ATI Radeon: 7200/7500 family, 8500/9000/9200 family, 9500/9600/9700/9800 family, X300/X600/X700/X800/X850 family, X1K family

NVIDIA GeForce: 256 family, 2/3/4 family, FX family, 6 family, 7 family

(If you can play KotOR 2 on your system, then you can play 'Empire at War' with no problem.)

Archived