Home

Patch Assistance

Qin

Apologies in advance if this question has been addressed before, but no amount of searching through the thread (138 +!) has gleaned a helpful answer.

I've recently reinstalled Jedi Knight and MotS, and came across the SBX mod. And yes - I have JK Patch Commander, but even running that, there seems to be no visible affect upon the game. No new sabers, moves, skins, etc.

I've put a copy of the principle .gob file in both the 'Resouce' and 'Episode' dir. I've even created an SBX dir and placed a copy there. Still nothing seem to work. What exactly then, am I doing wrong?

You should just need to have the .gob file in a known folder, and then open Jedi Knight Patch Commander and do the following.

1. File>Add Patch, browse to the .gob file and load it. It'll appear in the main window.

2. Double-click the SBX patch, and the light bulb icon will light, indicating that the patch is active.

3. Load Jedi Knight from within Patch Commander via File>Launch Jedi Knight.

You should just need to have the .gob file in a known folder, and then open Jedi Knight Patch Commander and do the following.

1. File>Add Patch, browse to the .gob file and load it. It'll appear in the main window.

2. Double-click the SBX patch, and the light bulb icon will light, indicating that the patch is active.

3. Load Jedi Knight from within Patch Commander via File>Launch Jedi Knight.

See, this is why I'm feeling especially dim-witted: I've tried all of the above, and failed. The only way I've found to make it work is by making a short-cut that includes the following command:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\JK.EXE" -path SBX -devmode

Though I do wonder: Should I try putting a copy of the gob file into the MotS Episode (or Resouce) dir as well? Or will it suffice to just have them in the JK directories?

Archived