Home

Rebellion fighters - selfrepair

Givike

I do not know, but that is actually a pretty cool idea. Imagine being able to research the ability to have all of your astromechs onboard slowly repair your fighters over time. It wouldn't be that much of an advantage, and besides, the rebels need it in face of the imperial onslaught. I like it!

aint the rebel fighters supposed to have shields?

dunno about all imps but im sure tie's dont have shields think scouts do have it

and yeah rebels should have repair systems imo since its been a fact in the movies that the droids do small repairs in flight :)

guess its always possible to get it in a patch if it aint already in the game

aint the rebel fighters supposed to have shields?

dunno about all imps but im sure tie's dont have shields think scouts do have it

and yeah rebels should have repair systems imo since its been a fact in the movies that the droids do small repairs in flight :)

guess its always possible to get it in a patch if it aint already in the game

I think they do have shields, but are considerably less than the larger ships. That's what I'm guessing. :vsd::vsd:

It surely is a cool idea, but what do you mean by repair?

For instance, is an astromech all you need to repair a broken wing? I, for one, don't think so.

well lets say imo the rebel fighters should have a small repair bonus in combat

just like it shows in the movies :)

maybe let it be a one time button to be used by ships that have a droid so they can repair a small amount of dmg points in battle?

From what I know, none of the imperial fighters and bombers have shields. All TIE fighters, bombers, and interceptors (or scouts) do not have shields or life support systems. This is why there are so many of them, because they're easier to make.

I kinda sorta thought there were so many of them because the Empire owned 2/3 of the galaxy. Silly me. :)

(Admittedly they probably were easy to make, but so also were X-wings and the like. Each fighter had a different purpose though. TIEs were short range fighters for a reason, there was no need to use hyperdrive etc. X-wings and Y-wings had hyperdrive and thus were ideal for the rebels who relied on getting in fast and being able to get out fast too. TIEs were fast and more manueverable, X-wings had to sacrifice speed and agility for their hyperdrives and extra firepower they carried. Each side had a different focus in strategy, the Empire relied more on their strength in capital ships and honestly have a much better navy that is built to go toe to toe with enemy capital ships. Rebels focus more on the the quick hit strategy because they don't have the ability to match the Empire toe to toe with Capital ships. The two strategies are out there and it is for us to figure out which is our favored strategy...yeah...I know. Longwinded and somewhat pointless)

Archived