Home

Create a Hero?

OverlordAngelus

I just watched the new trailer for BFME2 and I saw they have added a Create a Hero screen, where players can customize not just the appearance but the abilities of their own hero character.

I kinda like the idea, it would make battles a bit more personal, especially in multiplayer.

So how would you guys feel if EAW had something similiar, so you could create your own Admiral/Jedi/Whatever to take into battle?

No..I don't think you should be able to create a hero for EaW. Though, it would be interesting. I also saw that at the BFME II trailer.

I agree, first of all it is a RTS. Furthermore, I don't really like the idea it seems interesting but idk, maybe for a different type star wars game...

It seems sort of...I dunno...irrelevant to create a hero when there are already countless out there for us to use. The Star Wars universe is vast and through the movies and EU we've been presented with a HUGE list of heros. There arn't even half of them in the game because if they put them all in it would be a massive herofest. No I don't think there is any reason to have a "create your own hero" feature in this game. Not with all of the rich characters in the SW universe.

LOTR doesn't have the broad spectrum of heros, especially not well known heros. That could be one reason they turned to it. Also another reason why they turned to such an odd option is very simple, It's the second iteration and they've already shown the entire battle for middle earth...what are they going to do to spice it up and distinguish it from the others?

Previously there has been no star wars strategy game slotted in to tell this story. Rebellion is about as close as possible and that was made almost a decade ago. Don't even try to compare GB to the scope this game covers, it doesn't come close. This game is fresh, it's appealing to star wars fans. Star Wars fans want to see their heros battling it out. They don't need that extra spice of creating a hero, especially not when many have gotten that spice from KOTOR and the X-wing series.

Adding a "create-a-hero" function might be "neato" but it would be a frivilous waste of developer's time for a potential grain of spice, in an already super spicey game.

Whenever they make a RTS game set in the KOTOR timeframe, that would be ideal for a create a hero, or even in the Old or New Republics. Then there are wider numbers of certain types of characters, so creating a new hero would fit in there better than in the classic timeframe.

Whenever they make a RTS game set in the KOTOR timeframe, that would be ideal for a create a hero, or even in the Old or New Republics. Then there are wider numbers of certain types of characters, so creating a new hero would fit in there better than in the classic timeframe.

Wider number of Unknown characters you mean.

The old republic and new republic time periods do not have all their heros set in stone like the Empire/Rebellion time period. Nor does the Old Republic time period have a wide variety of known heros period. We've got rumblings of Exar Kun, Carth Onasi from a game, if you follow comics you'd see several dozen others, but not nearly enough to base a full RTS game, let alone two. Just like BFME2's problem. In that case it would be semi-natural to add a create-a-hero function to the game.

In the Empire/Rebel time period, virtually all the roles of herodom have been filled and well established over the years. It would be very unwise to add yet another addition to the cast list.

Meh, this is an RTS afterall. I'll go play an RPG if I want to create a character.

Yeah its an RTS. While creating a character would be cool to create a character, it would be kinda strange having someone who isn't connected in anyway to star wars wandering around. It just wouldn't fit.

If you think about it you can either have the “traditional” heroes from Star Wars or the “create-a-hero” option. Creating a custom hero in this game would undermine the existing heroes, so you wouldn’t be able to have both and maintain the Star Wars “feel” in the game. EAW is more of a traditional RTS game, and “create-a-hero” is more of an RPG/RTS hybrid. Don’t get me wrong because it does sound cool in the right context, however in this game it would just ruin the feel and make it less enjoyable, at least for me it would.

KoTor probably has enough depth to make a decent expansion, but I’m guessing the Developers are going to want to take this game beyond OT into the realm of EU. Kotor I and II have a lot of heroes you could add, but yes, there isn’t as much to go off of as there is in the PT/OT. I really enjoy Kotor, so I would love to see content from both of these games, but I doubt they will.

Archived