Home

vehicles?

Sith Dagger

Well I am a vehicle maker, and I have used OJP scripts foe experiments before.

I know you can cloak vehicles, while running the ojp mod :D

But can you make it so a rider on a vh_walker class of vehicle runs animations, like those on a swoop?

Cause I used a vehicle I made, and I wanted it a vh_walker, with the player visible, and the animations would not run, so the player model was skewed through the model, standing upright through the seet :/

I was wondering if ojp could fix this?

Cause I'm working on Grievous' Wheelbike, and it would stink if there was no player model displated on it :(

I was thinking mmore along the lines of making it a VH_Walker, with the player animations used on a speeder, but if the other way could work as well, I would like it.

The thing is, I dont think the vh_speeder class allowes things to be directly on the ground, which I need, I cant have a hovering wheelbike, that would be just plain weird.

I was thinking mmore along the lines of making it a VH_Walker, with the player animations used on a speeder, but if the other way could work as well, I would like it.

The thing is, I dont think the vh_speeder class allowes things to be directly on the ground, which I need, I cant have a hovering wheelbike, that would be just plain weird.

Well, it sounds like the VH_WALKER class in the OJP code will do what you want.

...so are you asking for advice as to how you use the VH_WALKER class in OJP?

i think he means that he is making walker-type vehicle and wants the driver to be visible and use same animation as in swoop.

am i correct?

Ahh yes, I see.

Well, the animation thing should be possible without any coding changes. Just set the animations to run to be the ones you wish to run.

...but making the player model visible - from what I can remember - will probably require code changes.

...if the next question is - will I do them? I'm afraid not. I'm not doing any JKA modding anymore...

heyhey!

you can make the driver visible with this line in the .veh file:

hideRider 1

and the animation with this one:

riderAnim [put the animation's name here]

just check what's the name of the animation the player uses on swoop bikes and that should do it :)

heyhey!

hideRider 1

just check what's the name of the animation the player uses on swoop bikes and that should do it :)

I have tried, that is why I came here, it does not work.

heyhey!

hideRider 1

z0mg, hideRider 1 hides the rider, so that line should be left off. :o

ops, my bad ;|

anyway, if you (RenegadeOfPhunk) could try to make that riderAnim, i (and many others) would be more than happy :)

and if you could check the *pass tags because i think they dont work.

AND if you got all those working, could you try to make passengerAnim (or something like that) so we could get nice sitting/standing animations to the passengers.

thank you :)

ops, my bad ;|

anyway, if you (RenegadeOfPhunk) could try to make that riderAnim, i (and many others) would be more than happy :)

and if you could check the *pass tags because i think they dont work.

AND if you got all those working, could you try to make passengerAnim (or something like that) so we could get nice sitting/standing animations to the passengers.

thank you :)

He already said he would not do it...

He said he was done editing Jedi Academy...

I'll see if I can find another coder to do it *Sigh*

But the problem is I only know 1.

Ok, I downloaded OJP basic (I really love Trueview;)). I've got few questions about the vehicle improvements. The OJP_vehicles.txt says the following:

Base game .veh parameters:
--------------------------

VH_WALKER

lookYaw		//Affects the Yaw angles at which you can shoot.  Doesn't effect the crosshair/look yaw limits.

turnWhenStopped	//Doesn't do anything.	

pitchLimit	//Seems to affect the angle at which the walker's head is angled at when it's sitting empty. 2 = Head straight up.

I tried AT-ST in OJP, and I understood the line "lookYaw //Affects the Yaw angles at which you can shoot." so that its head turns to left and right. However, it didn't. Maybe I understood wrong?

And turnWhenStopped doesn't do anything in basejka either, so why is it mentioned there?

Archived