Home

Empire At War faces delay

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

News Announcement

Monday 19th Dec 2005

empireatwar.net can confirm that the upcoming Lucasarts PC title, Star Wars:Empire at War will be delayed until the end of February 2006.

The game has undergone large amount of enhancements since it was seen at E3 in May and these new improvements will add to the overall experience of playing EaW and certainly has us extremely excited!

Some fans will be disappointed with this news but if it means that we can all enjoy a better experience with Empire at War.

News on the demo release will follow later...

DMUK

News on the demo release will follow later... <== can you say a date for this? later can be in 3 weeks or so :s

i dont mean a release date of demo i mean the news update on demo date

i feel after the bad news we had about delay :( we can use something to lift our spirits up and dont make us go nuts with waiting :(

News on the demo release will follow later... <== can you say a date for this? later can be in 3 weeks or so :s

DMUK cannot say much, because Lucas Arts trusts him to release only what they instruct him to. We should be glad that there will be news later :).

Lets not get too disappointed. I know I didnt like the end result when Lucas Arts rushed Kotor II, and neither did most of anyone else. It appears they have learned from their mistake.

DMUK cannot say much, because Lucas Arts trusts him to release only what they instruct him to. We should be glad that there will be news later :).

Lets not get too disappointed. I know I didnt like the end result when Lucas Arts rushed Kotor II, and neither did most of anyone else. It appears they have learned from their mistake.

well maybe a idea but dont say things like : news on demo later then only makes people get hopes up more and get iritated at points when it takes a while for the news to show up maybe just post actual news only not announcements of news to come lol no offense meant though

but i know that for some people when they know news is gonna come they want it more then when it just pop's up

At this point the general structure of the game is done, but more polishing is always welcome. From varies screenshots and movies, EAW really has improved quite much of the Starwars "feels". Before it was just some ship that looks like SD and moncals shooting each other in space, now it really feels like a battle of (inserts SW planet names). So well done petro and hopfully the rest of the work will finish soon.

Half-Life 2 was delayed due to a leak of the source code over the web and the fact that new generation graphics were coming out not because they wanted to add more to the game but ended up adding more because so many delays i hope nothing like that happens with this game but i doubt it will seeing as its an RTS and HL2 was an FPS.

A little off topic sorry ^_^

Archived