Home

Empire At War faces delay

Guest DarthMaulUK

hmmm with this delay it comes closer to directly competing with another big rts for that month lotr bfme 2 wonder how that will go

seeing as both are 2 rts games and are based on a big known universe

I am getting both. :) More than likely a lot of others will too. Although money could become a problem for some people as it is $100 in games.

good vs bad delays:

It depends on the reason. If the delay is to get the thing stable, that's bad :) If it is to polish the game, that's good :)

Blizzard is a special case: when they are developing the next WC game, they are given total control of the release, the publisher defers to the developer's decision on when it is ready (which is rare in software publishing).

What would be great in the demo, is a MP component in it, where the devs could then test/ tweak this part of the game (think of the open beta/ mp-demo on any number of mp games before they were released).

S

hmmm with this delay it comes closer to directly competing with another big rts for that month lotr bfme 2 wonder how that will go

seeing as both are 2 rts games and are based on a big known universe

I've already battled middle earth to my heart's content through 3 console fighting games and an RTS. I have not, however, had the privaledge of waging war across the galaxy with fleets in a star wars game except in one other game that came out in 1996. I think I know what I'm buyin. :D heheh.

I suppose if theyre gonna improve it even more I'm okay with the delay, but on the other hand, I am an impatient teenager. One side of myself is saying things like," theyre just some adjustments" while teh other side is sayin,"OMG I'm gonna stab myself its 2 long a wait!" I dont know what side 2 lean toward.

It is hard to say because I have seen game developers working on a game during christmass... It is a rare thing though because they have family to go to... If they have one of well... If they are not working on christmass then I would agree with you popcorn on this one because friday would be the closest they could get without going into christmass-eve or christmass itself.

lol, if they're working on christmas day we're hosed! (because that would mean that the game is in such terrible shape that they'll pay 2x overtime on a weekend lol).

I think we're gonna get caught by the details: The demo may be "done," but I don't think it will be "released" until after the holiday- especially since the game's release date has been pushed back. Release a demo 3 months before release, with THE major commercial holiday inbetween? Risky. AVERAGE people will play it for a week or two, then think about it for the next couple weeks, then move on (note: if you went to the trouble to post and read on this board, you're not the average EAW player- you're already into the fanboy, troll, or hardcore category- you'll probably buy the game in any event, so your dollar is *almost* in their bank already :) me too lol ).

My guess is that we'll see the demo in early-mid January (since the release date was pushed back), so that people "see" EAW on their radar screen when they're thinking about what to use those holiday gift certificates/cards on.

Hope I'm wrong! lol

Archived