Home

New Expansion!! Only for X-Box

Just in time for holiday play, LucasArts is giving away a new downloadable level for the Xbox version of Star Wars Battlefront II. Available this week through Xbox Live, the newly added Assault mode on Kashyyyk adds another location for the Hero Free-for-All, a mode previously seen only when you selected Assault at Mos Eisley. As the millions who have played the game already know, Hero Free-for-All pits all 17 of Battlefront II's hero and villain characters against one another in an ultimate Star Wars battle royale.

But that's only the beginning. This January, an even bigger download will be made available for Battlefront II fans via Xbox Live. For only $4.99, players gain two new playable hero characters (a buff Kit Fisto and a new weapon-wielding Asajj Ventress) as well as four of their favorite maps from the original Star Wars Battlefront. Each of the new maps, including Yavin 4: Arena, Bespin: Cloud City, Rhen Var: Harbor and Rhen Var: Citadel, boasts Conquest, Capture-the-Flag and Hero Free-for-All (which adds the new characters, as well). New gameplay modes for maps already in the game are also planned, but have yet to be finalized.

Kit Fisto made his mark in Attack of the Clones as one of the hundreds of Jedi led by Mace Windu to free the captive Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala on Geonosis. In Revenge of the Sith, he joined Mace and two other Jedi to arrest Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, only to fall to the Sith blade of Darth Sidious.

Best known for her thrilling duel with Anakin Skywalker on Yavin 4 during Cartoon Network's Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series, Asajj Ventress serves as a Separatist commander in service to Count Dooku. Battlefront II equips her with devastating fibercord-linked lightsabers.

To access the new content, select "Multiplayer" from the main menu of the Xbox version of Battlefront II. Log-on to Xbox Live, select "Downloadable Content" and look for new Battlefront II selections. Enjoy!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

LA seems to be holding Pandemic on the leash to just receive more money from the Expansion. You should go check out the Lucasarts forums. They are swarmed with PC, PS2, and Non-XBL Xbox players flaming, ranting, and spamming up the area.

I do have to agree as I PC gamer myself, that Lucasarts should think about feedback support rather than the cha-ching from those anxious customers and gamers.

LA's new buiness model: selling parts of a game to make a whole game. How much is the next patch going to cost for PC games? $4 per new map? $2 for a new hero? $3 for a sniper crosshair? I'm not paying for any upgrades.

Or am I wrong and $4.99 is the cost of the Xbox live service per month?

EDIT: Someone else posted the same info after this thread was started: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1971118

Archived