Home

Nooo! Why? Whhhhhhyyyyyy? Serenity is in flames!

Tyrion

Calm down sir.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/9027..101124

http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1578

Read and be soothed. One key quote to take away is

If there was one sense you get from talking to members of the cast of Serenity, it’s one of hope. While the film may not have performed as well at the box office as the cast and their fans would have liked, that doesn’t necessarily mean that anyone has given up. This coming Tuesday, December 20th, Serenity will be released on DVD, and Universal pictures has stated that they will be keeping a close eye on the numbers. Should the DVD sell as anticipated, the prospect for a sequel to Serenity is a good one.

The problem is people taking what Joss says out of context. He says that he has a sense of closure with the Firefly Universe, so he can hang his hat on it.

However he still has ideas, and he would love to make more movie if they let him.

Calm down sir.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/9027..101124

http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1578

Read and be soothed. One key quote to take away is

*Quote*

The problem is people taking what Joss says out of context. He says that he has a sense of closure with the Firefly Universe, so he can hang his hat on it.

However he still has ideas, and he would love to make more movie if they let him.

Oh, good. *Puts down gun*

Aye, I never got a chance to watch the show. But I bought my bro the series on DVD and I may watch them on a day when I have nothing to do...which will most likely be Thursday...assuming that day isn't spent playing Gun...which it probably will be...but theres always Friday.

Its almost imposible these days to have a hit movie without name recognition... to be hits films either have to be sequels, or have big name actors.

I guess that is why they keep trying to base movies on games and books, even though the resultant movies have little to do with the source material... its the name that matters. Its the same with all the games sequels.

Still, if anything can find a life on dvd, serenity can... though why they aren't releasing an extended, nicely packaged collector's set i don't know. Firefly/Serenity fans are just the sort who would splash out on that kind of thing.

For the people who haven't seen Firefly/Serenity, and are just like "whats the big deal?". I was the same way when ET was telling me how awesome it was, and I was just wondering if it was so cool, why havn't I heard about it? But it is the best tv show i've ever seen. The best, hands down. The movie was awesome, but I recommend watching the tv series before the movie, makes it ten times better. I can't really tell you why it's so awesome, it just is. And every single episode gets better. I feel like a broken record when i'm telling my friends "hey this is a really good episode" cause I do it every episode.

I'm probably going to buy a copy of serenity for my parents(just bought them the Firefly dvd set) and i'll buy myself a copy also. I couldn't support them too much in theaters so i'm making up by buying lots of DVDs. :)

For the people who haven't seen Firefly/Serenity, and are just like "whats the big deal?". I was the same way when ET was telling me how awesome it was, and I was just wondering if it was so cool, why havn't I heard about it? But it is the best tv show i've ever seen. The best, hands down. The movie was awesome, but I recommend watching the tv series before the movie, makes it ten times better. I can't really tell you why it's so awesome, it just is. And every single episode gets better. I feel like a broken record when i'm telling my friends "hey this is a really good episode" cause I do it every episode.

I'm probably going to buy a copy of serenity for my parents(just bought them the Firefly dvd set) and i'll buy myself a copy also. I couldn't support them too much in theaters so i'm making up by buying lots of DVDs. :)

Best episode is Jayne's Town, though. :D

Best moments in the series were probably when they started to sing about Jayne in Jayne's Town (best OMGWTFLOL moment in TV history)

And in one of the last episodes Mal does that flip-the-pistol-back-catch-and-totally-pistol-whip-that-bitch move, totally awesome (best OMGHEGOTFREAKINGOWNEDLOL moment in TV history).

Archived