Home

Spit and polish...

stingerhs

It would be nice to see character customization like that of Fable, paired with the combat system like that of Jade Empire. Added customization options for just hairstyle and facial hair alone would be good enough. The tatoo system would probably carry some problems. What if you get a crazy full-body sith tatoo, then decide to move to the light? Battle wise, four different combat styles could be used (hand-to-hand, lightsaber, ranged, and force.) Strong attacks for each style, excluding force, as each button/key could be mapped to a different power. Also, switching from hand-to-hand to weapon would look amazing if done right in KotOR.

While I don't mind seeing some character customization and upgrades in that area, I don't fancy changing the combat system.

There are many threads on this Idea, please check them out. Most don't want it to change. I'm one of them. No button mashing here please.

Turn style IS Kotor.

The kotor games are about the storyline. The little details are not neccessary but it would be cool to have face customization like hair color, skin, eye color and scars, maybe based on the soul calibur 3 character creator. The game npc's will still react to your darkside/lightside choices and appearances. The games developers might go further indepth with the characters choices

A new type of UI, I suggested the radial menu from NWN in a different thread, I for one got the hang of it quickly and it keeps things organized.
Definitely. I think it is a great system, and it makes things very easy.

And... a f***in' toolset!!! That's one of the things I hate about LucasArts, and the KotOR series, they've gone out of their way to make the game harder to modify and it's shown;
Something like the NWN toolset would be awesome, but there are legal reasons why this didn't happen with KOTOR.

I'd also like to see the inventory weight system from NWN used in KOTOR. I makes it more realistic...

I would like a cross like scar on my eye, not actualy damaing the eye, u know, that would be cool face custumization option- yeah someone alredy mentioned- scars. I realy loved the new workbech from tsl, it made skills a lot more usefull. And also some cool wookie character with some kind of axe. Oh this all have been done in ts, so i realy don't know. Just well... I hope that they actually make that game and make it before year 2115. And well, i hope they make some desert to finish off the huge meal of kotor 3, (i am so bad in those)

All great ideas. I do like the idea of having the NPCs react to your style of cloathing and appearence. Though, unlike in Fable, I think that, once you become known enough or are simply scarey enough, the NPCs will know enough to clear the hell out of your way, and not boo and hiss at you. That would be awesome. And great for the ego :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, for a finishing touch to the game, i would like hilt customisation. Other items include other races besides human (i always related to the ithorians) and segmented clothing. Segmented clothing meaning armour that is in different pieces instead of one big suit. The majority of the armour you could wear in kotor always looked the same as the next one with exceptions. I would like it if you could like wear armour legs but a Jedi robe over them. Giving you more encumberance but reducing the effectiveness of force powers such as Lightning.

Other than all of that, i believe there should be no radical changes to the game engine.

Archived