Home

New from Lucasarts

MasterJack

This was posted in the Empire-at-War.com site:

As you plan ahead for the weekend, please stop by http://www.empireatwar.com on Friday evening for an additional 16 new game elements in the "What would you do?" section, a great new screenshot and other updates. You'll also want to pay careful attention for information on the game's release date (it's not what you may think).

Note that the LucasArts offices are closed from December 25 through January 2.

Hope your 2006 is great!

-- Paul Ens

Director, Lucas Online

http://www.lucasarts.com

I doubt very much that Lucasarts has told him when the demo will be released. It is LA's practice when dealing with fan sites to only inform them 24hrs ahead of time with regards to demo's, updates and patches. His post is more likely a guess, just as his previous info was a guess for the end of December. Any info he provides should never be refered to as "confirmation". ONLY LA or petroglyph can issue "confirmed info".

All that being said he is probably right that we won't see a demo until January.

I doubt very much that Lucasarts has told him when the demo will be released. It is LA's practice when dealing with fan sites to only inform them 24hrs ahead of time with regards to demo's, updates and patches. His post is more likely a guess, just as his previous info was a guess for the end of December. Any info he provides should never be refered to as "confirmation". ONLY LA or petroglyph can issue "confirmed info".

All that being said he is probably right that we won't see a demo until January.

You're right. Petroglyph told him.

That being said, DMUK is our admin here and using that power he has developed several contacts throughout the industry. Don't speak out like that when you don't know.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. :)

First off, being an admin does not confer power on anyone (unless your a teenager). Second, if petroglyph told him, then he has to post the source of the information when providing information, the following is the best way:

"Today, Mr.Smith of Petroglyph confirmed to me that there will be no demo in december"

This constitutes "confirmed" information. Any info without listing a source is a rumor or a guess.

Information is power, unconfirmed information is useless,

now you know ;)

lol, he did. Just not here. :)

Dunno why he didn't anounce it seperately even though he updated it the demo watch thread. *shrug* He may have just forgotten about it.

Just try trusting us once in a while, ok?

LucasForums has gone a long way to improve communication with LucasArts. We've got a very good reputation with them and recieve exclusives from them and developers frequently. You can trust the information in that demo thread from DMUK is as good as it gets.

(and btw, many of OUR admins communicate pretty regularly with LA, being an admin here kinda does confer a good deal of power on someone thanks to our size and commitment to LA)

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you have good relations with LA. As for trusting you, I will be happy to as long as your information is posted in the manner I previously stated. Btw, nice site. Good forums. Look forward to invading planets under your control when the game ships.

May the Force be with You

noooooooooooooooooooooooo no offence but this is starting to become very crappy i mean yeh ok pushing back the release date is one thing and i'm ok with that but no demo this year. Thats just disapointing

Your preaching to the choir. Im am disapointed I wont be getting the demo as well for X-Mas but at least I will have something great to remember my January by.

This was posted in the Empire-at-War.com site:

As you plan ahead for the weekend, please stop by http://www.empireatwar.com on Friday evening for an additional 16 new game elements in the "What would you do?" section, a great new screenshot and other updates. You'll also want to pay careful attention for information on the game's release date (it's not what you may think).

Note that the LucasArts offices are closed from December 25 through January 2.

Hope your 2006 is great!

-- Paul Ens

Director, Lucas Online

http://www.lucasarts.com

popcorn I was trying to find out about the lucasarts update of their site not the demo. When did I even mention it?

popcorn I was trying to find out about the lucasarts update of their site not the demo. When did I even mention it?

:) Sorry lol. Im wanting the demo so much I was thinking that's what you meant. Well I would expect the upgrade to be around 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Of course thats my guess so im not really sure,

Archived