Home

Where Is Lando Calrissian?

Erich the Ewok

I am wondering if anybody knows when the xbox live downloadable content is released in January will have Lando Calrissian as one of the heroes for the rebel alliance that I will be able play with at bespin on cloud city? I sure hope so! I also hope that their will be map of tatooine to fight outside of mos eisley like out in the dune sea in as either a rebel or imperial soldier and also fight with the sand people?

No mention of Lando at all, the only two heroes are going to be 'Fisto and some EU dark side person. To bad, he would have been kind of fun to play as. I'm just happy we get Cloud City back though. (well the Xboxers do, no word on PC or PS2 yet...)

As for a Dune Sea style map, no it's not in the downloadable content either, at least not from what Ive heard, but once the mod tools are released there will probably be tons of Dune Sea style maps being released.

No mention of Lando at all, the only two heroes are going to be 'Fisto and some EU dark side person. To bad, he would have been kind of fun to play as. I'm just happy we get Cloud City back though. (well the Xboxers do, no word on PC or PS2 yet...)

As for a Dune Sea style map, no it's not in the downloadable content either, at least not from what Ive heard, but once the mod tools are released there will probably be tons of Dune Sea style maps being released.

PC still seems to have a chance for the new content, but for PS2 users we would have to buy a new version of Battlefront II with the new content D:

Well, that "some EU dark side person" have a name. She is also in the Clone Wars Animation Series. Its a little girl named Ventress, running around with red glowsticks.

I'd almost rather have another blaster using hero, then yet repetitive, boring force user. I mean, sure they're not used nearly as much in Hero Assault, and they typically get eaten alive by force users. But I think sometimes blaster based heroes can be more fun to play as, and are more unique then the countless force users. Maybe it's because they are not used as much. In some situations I think they can even be more effective then jedi.

Actually I think Lando might fit right into the Cloud City level, blaster based heroes tend to be better in these more medium, infantry based maps. Maybe he could have some sort of sniper-like rifle, to pick off enemies down those long narrow corridors, maybe even some sort of immunity to mines, to make him even more suited to his home map.

I for one at least would rather use him then some jedi, who tend to get eaten alive in corridor based maps, with mines and det packs placed around every corner...

Everyone has an opinion, you didn't disagree with what I said. It depends what Jedi, Vader doesn't last very long but with Obi-Wans sprint attack can clear a corridor very quickly.

I'd hardly say that Jedi are boring, if anything i'd say that the blaster heroes are boring because they're so much like the normal units.

Yes, jedi are typically more effective then blaster based heroes. I don't think anyone is disputing that fact, well at least I'm not. I'm just saying not all heroes need to be jedi. Variety is good, I love choppin up guys as a jedi, but I also like blasting stormtroopers in the face as Han.

Sure, most heroes are (and probably should be) jedi, but the blaster based heroes still have their place in certian maps. Sure Lando might not be as dominating as a jedi, but maybe thats a good thing. I say he would be a cool addition to the Cloud City map, maybe pitted against another non jedi, say Boba Fett?

But the fact of the matter is, we're probably not going to see him, so who will probably be the heroes for cloud city? my guess is Luke vs Vader in GCW and 'Fisto vs Random EU darkside person (okay okay, Ventress) in CW (hey gotta have some place to stick 'em)

Jedi are great and dandy, but to an extent. What's more obvious... Luke Skywalker running around with his green lightsaber, or Han Solo, in his casual clothing with a blaster? Han blends in more-so than a regular Jedi. Obviously, people are Jedi-hoe's. Learn how to use blaster-type heroes. If you can throw (literally) a detpack like 20 units away, you're set. I've done it easily. Look up, move forward, throw, and back away quickly, detonate. Voila! A kill from far away. Also, Han has his 1 hit kill blaster. Yes, one hit. If you can't do it, you're not a very good aimer. Also, these guys have things such as Invulnerability, rage, or a recon droid. Get used to it. If Lando does come out, don't expect him to rock out every Jedi/Unit in the game. He'll probably pretty darn similar to Han than anyone else.

Lando would be awesome with dual pistols, one alternative if there is a map of bespin Lando should be able to use some kind of shortcuts (he owns the place).

One thing I'd change in a patch or something would be to give the non-force heros slightly longer lives because when it's getting low they can't force sprint down 5 hallways looking for targets.

Well, Lando would be cool w/o Dual pistols even. A Sniper Pistol like Han would be great also, and make sure he can use vehicles. As for his buff, how about a damageing AoE attack? Let him do a little dance, and all nearby enemy units stop and dance with him, and take damage! :3

Gotta love old school games...

Lando would be awesome with dual pistols, one alternative if there is a map of bespin Lando should be able to use some kind of shortcuts (he owns the place).

That is a good idea, Maybe he could have some sort of keycard, to get to areas only he has access to, it would make him a much more tactical hero, allowing rebels to use short cuts and alternative routes, but only if Lando is their.

Another ability he could have is to spawn bespin guard NPC's, who automaticly follow and support him, might be an interesting ability, and would really help him while taking CP's.

Aside from that he should also have a good weapon (somthing long range, sniper like) and maybe some thermal dets. I also say immunity to mines, would really give him an edge in the bespin enviroment.

Well, a long range weapon might fit, but the reason I suggested dual pistols is that I can't think of a character that dual wields (non-jedi) and Bespin is a city with halls and stuff, unless you are outside looking across at another tower, long range attacks wouldn't be as useful as a higher rate of fire, you could say a blaster rifle would be better, but I just like the pistol idea (it's an IMO situation;)) or possibly some kind of SMG, we don't see much along those lines.

I don't know about the npcs though, sure some levels have npcs, but having them follow you around (in addition to rank commanding) would provide too much of a shield, get in the way of you returning fire, and would jam up too much in a "urban space station" environment.

True, having a high rate of fire would be useful in a corridor based map, maybe he should have something along those lines, at least considering all the other blaster based heroes' weapons are relativly slow firing, or fire three shots so close together it might as well be one. I was thinking a high powered, long range weapon would be useful on the city as it's a favorite for snipers, it would help Lando pick off guys from the other end of a corridor. But maybe somthing with more firepower would be better. Not sure about duel pistols though, if anybody should get those it would be Jango Fett.

As for the NPC's yeah, it would probably get to annoying, I'm just trying to think of ways to make Lando diffrent from all other gun slingin' heroes. Seeing as how heroe's can't command other units at all, it might be interesting to have one who has a group of lackey's who are always following him around. Someone who might not be as good in terms of sheer firepower, but who can allow the rebels access to diffrent parts of the map, that let them bypass all the rocket chaos in the main corridors and sneak to the imperial CP's from behind.

Archived