Home

Hey, lookit

RicardoLuigi...

*sigh* The nature of Wikipedia means that anyone can change any entry they want, to whatever they want (hence Penny-Arcades rant on Wikipedia a few days ago). Therefore, in the comic posted above, Skelator decided to produce... objective information on He-Man and deleted what was already there... it's not that hard.

Obviously, I'd never just use one source, but I also wouldn't trust Wikipedia if I ever wanted to check something quickly. If anything, if I were writing a report or essay or something, I'd use it to find out bits about it so i can resaerch it much better elsewhere.

Wikipedia is better for finding out about less serious things. Examples include television programmes, games, communities (as highlighted in this thread) and websites which may otherwise be difficult to find a collected, concise and third-party bit of information about (ie: not the "About Us" paragraph). For the most part, Wikipedia is accurate for that sort of thing.

Where I wouldn't ever use it for is researching serious work or whatever.

the above artical says that next month, testing on a new mechanism will begin to review the accuracy of the articals. Considering the main point in Penny-arcades huge rant (and my small one right there) was that nothing like that existed, I guess it's good that they're improving on things.

Archived