Home

What did you get for christmas?

PoM

I opened some presents this morning, and I did get the Trombone stand and Doctor Who DVDs, as well as a Toblerone Bar, a Dutch Chocolate in the shape of a G (my first initial), a Chocolate Orange, a Star Trek Calendar, and a Trombone Maintenance Kit. I'm going to my grandparents' house for dinner tonight, so I'll know more late.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "new sound card" turned out to be a sweathirt for sledding (it's been about 50 degrees lately) :lol:

A small toolkit for working on my PC (doesn't help without something to put in there XP)

A tapemeasure, a torpedo level, a shiny mech pencil, and a hershey's kiss the size of a baseball (shuggashuggashuggashuggashugga:D)

I picked that up here;)

I use it because it cleans up my posts, and since I'm usually on only at night I have less posts for more responses, using @ directly responds to certain individuals without confusion, I don't always do it though, it's just a quirk resulting from forum radiation:D

So you're getting it for PC, I've got PC too and it's excellent:)

So why don't you like XBOX games? With 360 out now X1 isn't hard to get.

So you're getting it for PC, I've got PC too and it's excellent:)

So why don't you like XBOX games? With 360 out now X1 isn't hard to get.

I'm gonna install it tommorow.

Sigh, when the nintendo revolution will come out it will be much better as the xbox 360.

And i don't like xbox and ps because every-one wants to get an xbox or ps.

I stick to the good old nintendo and to me still the best console.

Now back to the thread..

I got a 200gb hard drive along with World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Labrynth of Evil book, Hitchhiker's Guide the the Galaxy (movie not book), Jerry Seinfeld standup DVD & Seinfeld Season 5 dvds, a visual basic game programming book & cd, and some clothes.

I'm disappointed I can't use the hard drive yet because it's a SETA type drive so it has different cables than normal motherboards use, and it didn't come with any cables and all the computer stores were closed :( But I'm still happy I got it, it far outweighs my current 40 gb drive.

Well I haven't played any computer games for a while, or new ones at least, and there aren't too many others out there that I want to try besides Quake IV, F.E.A.R., and I have Myst V but haven't played it yet, so I hope these will give me something to do for a while :) Besides they both look amazing. The only mmo I've played before these is Galaxies so obviously anything will be better than that :xp:

Well I'll be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so I'll at least have another week with you bunch of losers before the addiction will start :p

But I think I'll still be on here frequently, probably just not for as long periods of time that I normally am.

Well I'll be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so I'll at least have another week with you bunch of losers before the addiction will start :p

But I think I'll still be on here frequently, probably just not for as long periods of time that I normally am.

Bunch of losers? :cry8:

But you're a moderator, don't the Admins put an explosive collar on you:D

There's always a few local mods in each area(this has 7 for example - the highest in LF I believe...)

Its pretty easy to cover for our fellow comrades when work/vacation calls. Plus, s-mods are always hangin around to clean up things they may have missed. It's a good system....the only problem is the updated nude resume those creepy admins require us to send in each financial year :(:p

@Moeller...a little man with a little girl as his avvie should watch who he calls a loser :p

lolz to you !

Let's see,

*$50 in Target gift certificates

*$50 in Border (that's a bookstore) gift cer- you know

*$50 cash (what the hell is with the $50??)

*$50 gift certificate at a mall

*A few hot choclate stuff from my mom (I love me hot chocolate :emodance:)

*bunch of Milky Way crap from stalkings

*2 books

*3 shirts

*sports trivia thingy

*Titan AE, Matrix Revolutions, Star Wars 1-2 (finally got all of them), Friends season 2-3

Think that's it :)

*and a bathrobe (why the f**k my mom got me this, I don't know)

Ah, those resumes are only for the female moderators. At least the resumes I request. I am powerless to help you should Rhett request those from you for his..."research" purposes. :x

As for my haul this year:

Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox (UBER FRICKIN' HARD, YO)

Xbox DVD Adaptor Kit

Best of Bowie 2 CD set

Gift card from Best Buy

New jeans

Tommy Hilfiger wallet (wtf, I didn't ask for this. XD)

Monies (mmm, $$$)

A pair of the most uber-comfortable sweatpants ever. (I'm wearing them right now, it's like I've got silk all over my legs. :o~~)

So yeah, all in all, not a bad take this year, considering I didn't even ask for most of it. XD

lets see

coffee

coffee maker

more coffee

darth tater (>_> my mom thought it nice to play a joke on the major star wars fan of the house)

some star wars books on the making of the movies

a star wars board game

oh and more coffee

Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox (UBER FRICKIN' HARD, YO)

I must be the only person who thinks that game is easy :lol:

I'm disappointed I can't use the hard drive yet because it's a SETA type drive so it has different cables than normal motherboards use, and it didn't come with any cables and all the computer stores were closed :( But I'm still happy I got it, it far outweighs my current 40 gb drive.
then allow me to save you a trip: your new HD is incompatible with your motherboard. my guess is that your motherboard uses an IDE interface since thats what most of the older motherboards (and fewer and fewer new motherboards) use. the HD you recieved uses a Serial interface which is quite different from IDE in a number of ways.

now, there is a couple of things you can do to fix it. you can get a PCI card that will allow you to hook up SATA HD's to your current motherboard or you can just simply return the SATA HD and exchange it for an IDE HD.

anyways, to get back on topic, all i got for Christmas was:

• some specialty coffee
  • a new coffee mug
  • the motherboard i mentioned earlier :D
  • some gift cards to Walmart and Best Buy
  • and finally some money for next semester's books

lets see

coffee

coffee maker

more coffee

darth tater (>_> my mom thought it nice to play a joke on the major star wars fan of the house)

some star wars books on the making of the movies

a star wars board game

oh and more coffee

I must be the only person who thinks that game is easy :lol:

So you get coffee while I'm stuck with this crappy HC stuff?

Please don't attempt to use explitives, lets keep it family freindly around here ok. -RH

I got a new power bar this morning from my parents - a gift they forgot to get from the back of the tree last night. It's anti-surge, so my computer won't go down if there's a power surge. It also has 2 phone jacks, an ethernet port, and even a connection for a TV and sattelite/cable box. THE ULTIMATE POWER BAR HAS COME!!!

I got:

Battlefront II

Morrowind

An NVidia 7800

The complete Calvin and Hobbes collection

All six of the original Dune books

All six Star Wars movies (on DVD)

Airplane!

War of the worlds

1917 - the year of the Russian revolution

A $25 gift card for a bookstore

1215 - the year of the Magna Carta

Lots of $$$

History books that interest me but probably not very many other people

Lots of candy

Other little items

Items which I didn't really want:

A lamp

Some comftorable clothing

Overall, it was a good Christmas. I ended up getting more than I thought I would.

Archived