Home

TIE95 and WindowsNT

Windows NT 4 was not designed to run Win9X games, and, thus, you're getting the error you described. Windows 2000 Professional can run it (with the latest service pack, maybe needing the Application Compatibility Toolkit), and Windows XP can definitely run it. In short, an operating system upgrade is indicated.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I've got SP4. I've tried everything for DOSbox to the compatibility fix (which doesn't work either). DOSbox doesn't work cause I don't have any of the DOS executables on my disc image, and the comp fix crashes with an error. Any ideas?

Ok. Well, I downloaded the ACT, but can't figure out how to work it. When I try and run the Setup Analysis Tool on the setup, it gets an error. I also don't know how to configure the manager. Is there a walk through anywhere?

EDIT:

Well, I got the SAT to work, and now have an XML file. However, I don't know what to do with it, or how it will help make TIE95 work.

EDIT (again):

The reason why I only have the SAT is because that's the only tool that works with Win2k. It says I can still run DCPs, whatever that means.