Home

Jedi Artifacts My Eye...

Graphic

Yes, they built up the idea that there would be neat stuff down there. But don't whine when you don't get it. Is there ever a time in the game when you don't have everything you need to accomplish your mission? And by the end of the game you have more equipment than you can use and more money than you could ever spend, anyway. What's the problem?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIAYD is spot on here. The only flaw with the random loot generator is that it allows multiple instances of "unique" items. There are several items throughout the game that are statically assigned, so we know that OE recognized that there would be cases where this would be necessary. To say that random loot is lazy is just troll-like behavior.

That's right. RLG provides so many possibilities for players to replay the game over and over again

I can't complain because I got a beautiful load of artifacts in the sub-level. The storage room gave me tons of components, and because of RLG, I got some nice crystals from USM

And above all, Jarron gave me my lightsaber fixture and some goodies :D

I don't know why this argument's going on and on though. If, assuming on my second round through the game, I do get crap stuff, so be it. What, is getting a Qixoni crystal so vital to distinguishing between "fun" and "tedious"?

Another thing left out that could explain everything: Malak destroyed the temple, but I doubt he would leave a bunch of artifacts lying around. He almost certainly sent down Sith to take jedi for the SF, get some artifacts, and kill everyone nearby. He might've even gone down there himself and poked around. And maybe fragile things like holocrons and other artifacts got crushed by falling ceilings and big explosions. Or are Jedi buildings laser-bullet proof?

ur on the money here even malak wasnt that much of a slug head that he would of left force equipment u would have to gibbering insanly to leave such good stuff behind

Well, I do agree the random loot system is a bit too random.

A bit of randomness in the loot is all nice but loot should be somewhat related to the situation. Random jedi robes in some dance clubs rarely make any sense.

Well for the Jedi Ruins they should at least throw in a few specific spawns of color crystals. Its hardly unbalancing, but would look cool.

For places like houses and sickbays there should be various healing packs and not ... equipment as I found once.

I notice they do divide the loots into different levels, which is good, but they should divide things between consumption items, and equipments, and such. Still random enough, but more true to the kind of items you would expact.

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of us wanted some "realism" (or their vision of it) in TSL, and were disappointed finding items that don`t fit their placement.

I don`t like it to.

Dantooine academy propably would be better off stripped clean, insted of finding some strange items, that doesn`t fit well.

If i see a thug with blaster, I want to find it in on corpse,. And i don`t need a "one shot kill" type, normal blaster pistol\carbine\rifle would do (or even Broken Item if you want to be more even more "realistic").

That why I started to mod NPC`s and their inventory, I like to do something about it if I can, not just grumble.

But thats my vision of TSL, and nobody has to agree with it, just don`t write that it`s bad, wrong especially on forum about modding.

I didn't mind so much not finding "cool" things in the Dantooine academy as it had been stripped by the salvagers. However, I was disappointed about the fact that there weren't any cool crystals or anything in Ludo Kressh's Tomb.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, the biggest artifact in the building is that female stalking, panties stealing, wristslitting( with plastic knife), endless whineing, (tiny) wamprat spanking, jedi arselicking, psycho churchboy meatbag you call desciple.

Granted, it does know alot about jedi history, and should be considered as a useful object. But yeah I would be happer if he is just a brain floating in a glass jar, at least you can turn him off when he starts hitting on you.

Archived