Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For SWBF3 I'd like them to finally make a decent game... BF2 engine anyone?

Your kidding,right ?

The whole BF series my have been very popular,but from a technical point of view,they are unreliable,buggy games. Pandemic should not follow EA/Dice`s motto "if it can`t be fixed with a patch, release a sequel!"

The whole BF series my have been very popular,but from a technical point of view,they are unreliable,buggy games.

And SWBF isn't?

The ONLY bug I know of in BF2 is the red name bug with online. Sure, it's irritating and can cause friendly-fire/team-killing, but at least BF2 is playable.

Pandemic should not follow EA/Dice`s motto "if it can`t be fixed with a patch, release a sequel!"

At least they actually make patches for BF. SWBF gets like... maybe two patches to fix bugs that never should have been in the retail version anyway. BF patches give new material like maps, sounds, and weapons.

And LA/Pandemic is even worse with that motto you said. They couldn't fix SWBF with a patch, so they released a sequel. And it blowed too.

I hope LA comes to their senses and makes a new JK or KoToR game. This series has been nothing but rehashed models thrown in a few maps and a terrible space combat control layout. LA, don’t make a SWBF3 because I will not buy it and I guarantee it many others won’t either after the first two terrible installments.

If they were going to make a 3rd installment in this series this is what they would have to do.

-Make it more real; I’m tired of these arcadey fire fights. It requires almost no skill to play and kill anyone in this game. It’s just one nade f*** fest.

-Fix the space battles control scheme. Sure they were able to put some sort of configuration together in this one but it needs to be totally redone and re-looked at. It again requires no skill to lock on and kill off anyone in the game.

-Upgrade the graphics engine. I’m tired at looking at these dated graphics. I mean come on, most of the maps are just plastered skins.

-Change the game play. No more nade fights please. It just makes the game even more boring and repetitive, and makes even less people want to play it then there already is.

Oh yea, make sure you actually do some tests and get sid of the very obvious glitches and bugs instead of rushing it out for a quick buck.

Finally, make it it’s own game. Not some more maps and wait! There’s now 5 more Jedi! Not cutting it. It didn’t cut it in Battlefront 2, don’t dupe us again in this one.

This is what I would do if I were working on Battlefront 3.

But again I would rather want a JK or KoToR game. Or even a Republic Commando sequal, anything but this terrible series.

Well, if you hate BF series so much...

Ad for the more real part, I don't know about you but I rather prefer a more fun style than the outra realistic control where you need a $100 flightstick to get some edge on air combat, or annoying wiggley motion while moving... I mean if you want realistric go play something like Rainbow6

Well, if you hate BF series so much...

Ad for the more real part, I don't know about you but I rather prefer a more fun style than the outra realistic control where you need a $100 flightstick to get some edge on air combat, or annoying wiggley motion while moving... I mean if you want realistric go play something like Rainbow6

Who said you need a $100.00 yoke controller to play the game? I'm talking about game play that takes a little more skill. I mean come on bro are you really happy with the space combat? It's mostly rushed together. They just need to spend more time on it. Answers this, when you play as a soldier don’t you feel like your playing with almost like cheap plastic? The models are almost toy like. Who said if it's a little more realistic it cant be fun? To me your standards for games are somewhat low my friend.

Okay if they DO make the 3rd one arcade like. THEN at least make it well. I wouldn’t have a problem with the game if it was up to Unreal Tournament series standards but the truth is, it is not. And the population of the game and complaints about the game proves it.

And Rainbow 6? The series has been slowly falling of the track for a while now my friend.

Listen, we all like the game here and no-one seems to be agreeing with you so just leave it because I sure as hell don't want to hear it.

Have you heard the phrase, "...best selling star wars game of all time"?

Theres going to be a new KOTOR game, now theres unrealistic fighting. How many Jedi miss a huge door at point blank range with a lightsaber?

You've given your opinion now so theres no reason for disagreeing with everything Poiuy said, and Battlefront II was totally different to Battlefront 1.

Listen, we all like the game here and no-one seems to be agreeing with you so just leave it because I sure as hell don't want to hear it.

Theres going to be a new KOTOR game, now theres unrealistic fighting. How many Jedi miss a huge door at point blank range with a lightsaber?

You've given your opinion now so theres no reason for disagreeing with everything Poiuy said, and Battlefront II was totally different to Battlefront 1.

First, of all you cannot say we all like the game, it would be a false statement because you don’t really know that we all here at these forums like it.

Secondly, the info I gave for the 3rd installment would make the game great! I am disappointed you wouldn’t want to hear imo what would make the series better.

Thirdly, Even though it is the best selling Star Wars game of all time doesn’t mean it is good. The first one became over hyped because of the movie thus giving it a better chance to make more money. Many, and I mean many people got f****ed over with installation problems in the first one among other glitches. The Lucas Arts boards were swamped with complaints. And guess what? The people couldn’t get there money back because most stores do not take opened games.

Why not disagree? I can have my say and defend my opinions cant I? Or should I just act like a clone and follow the crowd and never argue. ;)

KotoR is a RPG. It is not a mass online multiplayer action game. You don’t need realistic fighting with it. You are talking about a whole different genre of game.

Lastly, Battlefront 2 was like a patch or expansion for Battlefront 1. It is not totally different at all. A few more maps, a few tweaks here and there, playable Jedi, space battles. It is not a full new installment. BattleField 2 and Unreal Tournament among other games does stuff like this just for patches.

I want to hear it. Just because you're a fanboy doesn't mean we're all like that. He's given constructive criticism, without such we would get stagnanted creativity and poor games such as the Battlefront series.

Enter the Matrix sold a bucket load as well but guess what, it was an abysmal game even by console standards. Fact is, virtually anything with the name Star Wars plastered on it will sell well.

Strawmen argument. KoTOR is a RPG which follows random dice throwing rules. It's a completely different genre all together.

Say, apart from a few gameplay tweaks and some new maps, how was it totally different?

PLAYABLE JEDI! I mean, they quad jump better than the UT2K4 mutator does it. And man, it's like playing with Goku amongst a bunch of "plastic men" for the damage they dish.

Although fair enough it's intentional.

My 2 cents, are that it'd be nice if death actually had meaning in the game, at the mo, some levels are faster than Sonic levels and you kill and be killed at a super-sonic speed. The command posts are so close to each other, that most of the time, wins are due mainly to their capture by skilled opponents, (and the reinforcement count ticking) rather than through teamwork and good doses of group superior firepower.

If the posts were further apart, it'd actually be a loss to lose one of them as a "staging point" like in UT2K4, rather than to find out a second later they've been nabbed-lost-gained in record time (Polis Massa comes to mind).

I want to hear it. Just because you're a fanboy doesn't mean we're all like that.

I respect Ch1cagos argument, at least he wasn't resorting to insults because he didn't have anything better to say, fanboy? you don't know me. Real clever picking apart someones post as well, n00b, lets try it with you.

Strawmen argument. KoTOR is a RPG which follows random dice throwing rules.

He mentioned KOTOR in his post, so I did as well.

Say, apart from a few gameplay tweaks and some new maps, how was it totally different?

All but 3 of the maps are totally new, theres new characters, new modes, Heroes, space combat, new menu layout, new (much better) galactic conquest, new everything.

He's given constructive criticism, without such we would get stagnanted creativity and poor games such as the Battlefront series.

Next time you want to argue with someone don't make up words.

Secondly, the info I gave for the 3rd installment would make the game great! I am disappointed you wouldn’t want to hear imo what would make the series better.

Fair enough, it just looked like you were using it as an excuse to badmouth the game, I agree that the things you listed would make the game great.

Lastly, Battlefront 2 was like a patch or expansion for Battlefront 1. It is not totally different at all.

Like I said before, pretty much everything in the game is new.

and, I think it makes sense that most of the people who post on the Battlefront forums like the games.

I respect Ch1cagos argument, at least he wasn't resorting to insults because he didn't have anything better to say, fanboy? you don't know me. Real clever picking apart someones post as well, n00b, lets try it with you.
You told him to shut up or put up.

This is your original line, unedited;

"Listen, we all like the game here and no-one seems to be agreeing with you so just leave it because I sure as hell don't want to hear it."

So, have I quoted you out of context? Did this line have another meaning to it. Please elaborate.

He mentioned KOTOR in his post, so I did as well.
It is still a strawman argument. His pointers with regards to realism were in reference to the Battlefront series. Read his post if you don't believe me.

All but 3 of the maps are totally new, theres new characters, new modes, Heroes, space combat, new menu layout, new (much better) galactic conquest, new everything.
So, throw in some hastily produced maps, poorly implemented super characters, some flying mode (which is pretty poor as well) and a new presentation package and there you have it, more of an expansion than anything else. How about learning to walk before they ran? Why has the A.I. barely improved? What's the point of having a new fangled single player mode when it's filled useless bots?

Furthermore, why this game still look like cack? It was late 2005 when it was released, Battlefield 2 came out more than half a year before it and that manages to look amazing.

Next time you want to argue with someone don't make up words.
I do apologise, I spelt "stagnated" incorrectly.

So, to sum up this topic so far, if they make a SWBF3 it will be because SWBF2 made enough profit to cover the expensives of tweaking SWBF2, adding some maps, and a new game type. It would most likely use the same engine. Lots of people will buy it and lots of people will not buy it.

By the way, don't argue over an ad ("...best selling star wars game of all time"). They never define "best." It could be made the most profit, sold the most copies, or many other meanings. Its an ad to get you to buy it, remember that.

List of improvements they should make...

• Increase turret power on capital ships
  • Include all old maps
  • Put more ships into space battles
  • much larger land maps (at least make utapau bigger, the battle was huge!)
  • Bring back flying ships on ground-based maps
  • Increase the interior size of capital ships
  • dont give heroes time limits, just less health
  • reskin weapons so they stop looking repetative (arc caster and blaster rifle are the same)
  • Put in more, many more troops
  • i wouldn;t mind a little EU, such as mandolorians
  • in galactic conquest, you should be able to recruit untis from conquered planets. (For instance, if you own geonosis, add geonosans, utapau, and utapaun warriors)
  • give dark troopers shotguns
  • put in afeature that allows you to pick up weapons from the ground.

more will come

You told him to shut up or put up.

This is your original line, unedited;

"Listen, we all like the game here and no-one seems to be agreeing with you so just leave it because I sure as hell don't want to hear it."

So, have I quoted you out of context? Did this line have another meaning to it. Please elaborate.

I posted hastily and I take it back. But I don't have to explain myself to you.

It is still a strawman argument. His pointers with regards to realism were in reference to the Battlefront series. Read his post if you don't believe me.

Never heard the phrase "strawman argument" before but fair enough.

Why has the A.I. barely improved? What's the point of having a new fangled single player mode when it's filled useless bots?

The AI are the same, I don't care what Lucasarts say.

I wouldn't have expected such an in-depth argument from someone called Pooeypants.

Definitely. if they could make just a simple improvement to make it seem more like a proper battlefront, they should put in more vehicles and more troops on the maps. More like a real war. the clones on geonosis didnt beat all those droids with one at-te!!! before SWBII came out i thought, ok there were 2 AT-TEs on geonosis on battlefront I, so battlefront II should have, what, at least 4.... not one. that's pathetic. And the space battles should have more cruisers... that would be cool.

Make it actually feel like it’s a war is a great idea. Unfortunately though if they want to add AI to the maps, they need to take on time so the AI isn’t running into walls, or just standing around while theirs fighting going on three feet away. I mean we all want to be apart these HUGE battles! Where you have lasers whizzing past your heads, tanks and speeders shooting up everything in site! Some adrenaline rush ****, that’s what would make this game great. If they make you feel overwhelmed from the enemy.

What about realistic damage as well? How cool would that be? A tank shoots a cannon at the wall and the wall just gets a huge hole through it, with bricks flying everywhere the whole Sha-bang!

Not let me drift back to reality. I mean this is Lucas Arts were talking about where wowing people with their games happens rarely. And the same guys who have built a sequel almost exactly the same as the first. These are the same guys who are making such a huge deal about there X-box patch, like they are soooooooo great to give one platform a patch. These are the guys who have gone mum on the pc patch probably because they are working on Battlefront3 so it hits another rushed release in six months. Guess what though? In SwBf3 there is now playable gungans! WOOT! It is truly Pathetic.

That really would be pathetic. Especially considering gungans are already playable in BF2.

The old maps do need major redoin's, I agree. Some of the maps could easily be made more exiting with just some simple changes, Impliment certain objectives to give soldiers somthing to work for, somthing more then just running around in circles after your opponents capturing posts. Larger battles is also a givin, I mean right now some of them feel to crowded. Others are a bit to spread out, and could use more vehicles and units.

Also I think more complex maps, with interactive enviroment would also add something to the maps, collapsable tunnels on Hoth for example, to slow down the imperials as they invade Echo base. Or the ability to enter buildings (or demolish?) on Mos Eisly or Naboo, and snipe from windows, stuff like that could also help improve the maps.

I do agree wth the destructible building idea. I also want bigger maps, and more vehicles per map. I also might like water vehicles like the TIE Fighter Boat, AT-AT Swimmers, and Amphibions. They're should be more crusiers and frigates, like 2-3 or more crusiers and 4-6 frigates. I definetly think they're should be armories with advanced weaponry, that you can get if you have enough starpoints or something. And they're should be various vehicles on each map. Most of the vehicles that fought in that battle should be in the game. For example, for Geonosis, speeder bikes, fighter tanks, AT-TEs, LAAT/is, vs snail droids, spider droids and hailfire droids.

Archived