Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off Topic: Technically Anakin wasn't the chosen one. The chosen one was suppose to destroy the sith not join them. But again technically Anakin did destroy the sith by killing the emperor....hmmmmmm theres a big deabate about this anyways back on topic....

Right... because George Lucas himself as said numerous times now that Anakin Skywalker is the Chosen One. So he's not the Chosen One? Gotcha.

No i'm not saying he's not it's just a argument. The chosen one was suppose to bring balance but Anankin caused more chaos than bringing balance thats why there is a debate about it. People always thought it was Luke it wasn't until the new films were released that people started to consdier that Anakin was the chosen one.

You should have listened more carefully in TPM. The prophecy is that the Chosen One will destroy the Sith, and that he is born of the Force. Nothing else is said about what the Chosen One will do in his life. To suggest otherwise is not supported by canon.

Yeah, Anakin pretty much was the chosen one, after all, he was the one who threw Sidious down the hole, right? And the whole "brought into being by the force" thing helps his case as well. But I suppose people could interpret it diffrently if they wanted too... granted I don't think it would make much sense.

Anyway I heard somewhere that there is going to be a Star Wars TV series? Somthing between episodes III and IV, not sure how true it is though. It's not a movie but it could be cool. Maybe this should be continued in the off topic section however.

Back on topic, I agree about Qui-gon, I thought he was awsome too. I mean if old horn head can get into the game, surly they can make room for Qui-gon? And maybe a few other jedi masters as well, if just to recreate the Geonosis: Arena battle (yeah, I've heard that somewhere before...) of a team of outnumbered jedi vs droids & their geonosian buddies, plus some arena beasts, a bounty hunter, and a Nubian Senator thrown in for good measure.

Actually thats not true becasue Mace says "Do you refer to the one who will bring balance to the force?". And in Obi Wan's speech "You were supposed to destroy the sith not join them". And don't forget the original star wars films were suppose to be about luke it wasn't until the new films were produced that Lucas changed his track. I'm not arguing if he is the chosen one or not I'm just saying most people thought it was Luke becuase he convinced his father there was good in him and did not turn to the dark side himself.

Well, the movie is about the chosen one, so it must be the guy who is in all three movies...

Now lets look at the list:

Yoda - nope, and we know that.

R2 - possably.

Anakin - definitely.

3PO - are you kidding?

All 6 movies and that includes

Obi Wan, Anakin, C3PO and R2. And again don't forget the originals started at episode IV lucus had no intentions then to create episodes I-III

It's a Naboo Senator, who also wasn't in the game also. Not that that was much of a loss. But with my idea for officer heroes, she and Leia would be much better. Which Pre-Clone Wars Old Republic war do you want to see? I think that the V-Wing should be an all-purpose/scout fighter and the bomber should be something else.

Well, gonna say Paranoid Android does it again with "best ideas on a thread" again. Only gripe. NO WAY do I want a Star Destroyer to have an interior as small as Tantive 4! Lets get those lifts and stairs working and have a mini-tour of the ship while we're at it.

I rather like the way the Basic Republlic assault ships were depicted in Republic Commando. Very nice Bridge. Also the Trade fed ships were very nicely depicted.

Only gripe. NO WAY do I want a Star Destroyer to have an interior as small as Tantive 4! Lets get those lifts and stairs working and have a mini-tour of the ship while we're at it.

Of course! What was I thinking? Star destroyer interiors should definetly be larger then the Tantive IV, especially if it's going to contain all those vital systems.

I also liked the the ships were depicted in RC, somthing along those lines would work very well.

I think that the V-Wing should be an all-purpose/scout fighter and the bomber should be something else.

Yeah, I was thinking somthing along the lines of the rebublic not having a true "bomber" class but making up for it with it's two unique multi-purpose ships. The V-wing is multi-purpose, with an emphasis on starfighting, being faster then most multi-purpose fighters.

The ARC-170 conversly has a definete edge in destroying things on capital ships, it might not have the same power bombers have. But it's more manuverable, and has several positions like a bomber making it hard to destroy, with a tail gunner defending the rear. So other ships won't have an easy time just picking it off. Sort of like a mini-gunship, armed to the teeth with an impressive assortment of weapons, only it trades the gunships massive health for improved agility.

I rather like the way the V wing drops bombs, I'd rather have it fast, but low(er) health that can dogfight well, but no missiles, it can own with guns in ship-ship, or do a fast bombing run. But someone who knows how to dodge will own one at a distance.

I feel it should be similar to the role modern fighter-bombers (like the Harrier), fast, can kick ass, can run, just don't expect it to win the war on it's own.

While the Arc 170 kicks ass as a strong all-rounder but you need to see the target to take it out (no bombs only missiles, so no bombing runs! Fire and forget.) I'm not contradicting anything you're saying though.

As something of a thought, what about the idea that smaller vehicles suffer inertia or buffeting from being hit by a missile or dropping a bomb? (Actually could say that about ground vehicles).

I suppose when one looks at ground battles, you could argue that there is not the need for a heavy tank/light tank artillery combo, with all sides. Just thinking, I think the original "Rebel Tank" would make a decent combat vehicle, while the new "Rebel Rocket tank" would make a brilliant AA/ heavy artillery unit".

Just off the top of my head.

I guess I would like the ARC-170 to switch roles with the V-wing. The V-wing being the agile multi-purpose fighter the '170 being the heavy fighter who is more manuverable then the pure bombers. Sort of like the V-wing is now.

I like the inertia effects idea, vehicles being pushed around when hit instead of just taking it like nothing happened.

I think that the rebels could use more variety in their speeders instead of just having one all purpose tank. Like you said the rebel combat speeder from BF1 could make a comeback, serving as the primary rebel assault vehicle. Then the "rocket tank" would serve as artillery/AA on maps large enough to support them.

Maybe their could be variations in the combat speeder for certain maps as well. Like on Naboo they could use their local speeders instead. Or maybe a certain type carries a few extra passengers, or has a rear mounted turret, just minor diffrences in a basic design. Possibly even a heavier variety loaded with extra weapons and armor, but less common.

Maybe a light speeder type as well. A light quick support vehicle with little or no weaponry carries extra units who can fire from their seats. It's mostly used as a light support vehicle or a quick transport.

Just somthing to give the rebels more variety in their vehicles. Of course their would have to be larger more vehicle based maps for these to work, after all whats the point of having an Anti-Air unit if theirs nothing to shoot down?

I also figured thst the ARC-170 would be the Republic's bomber. Even though it doesn't have the bombing capabilities of a true bomber, I think it could be a sort of rocket bomber in which it's weapon for destroying heavy targets would be heavy rockets in place of bombs.

NO WAY do I want a Star Destroyer to have an interior as small as Tantive 4! Lets get those lifts and stairs working and have a mini-tour of the ship while we're at it.
One problem: realistically, it won't happen. That would be an entire level unto itself, and since there would be multiple Star Destroyers, along with Mon Cal Cruisers and frigates, the game would most likely overload, at least with today's technology. But it still doesn't hurt to dream. :bounce1:

And maybe a few other jedi masters as well, if just to recreate the Geonosis: Arena battle (yeah, I've heard that somewhere before...) of a team of outnumbered jedi vs droids & their geonosian buddies, plus some arena beasts, a bounty hunter, and a Nubian Senator thrown in for good measure.

Ah, what an awsome hunt mode that would make. I agree with jediofdoom about the Command Posts, CPs should be more spread out and harder to capture, much more like they were in SBF. And lordzack, as soon as Nintendo finally configures a controler and processing chip to support SBF I'm sure lucasarts will set up a contract with them.

Yes! Big gripe I had with new level design. Make CP's harder to come by so controlling them actually matters. Also they should be in more defensive/important locations. This isn't really as much of a problem, but I don't think command posts should just be sitting out in the open. They should be in bunkers/buildings or fortified areas.

The background of the AAC-1 Hovertank (from BF2) and the Rebel Combat Speeder (from BF1) is funny. They were both lost by a SoroSuub employee in a gambling spree. He had lost everything else of value, so he had to hand over the plans. Alternitively, it may have been two different employes. i think they should both be in SWBF 3.

Rebel Speeders (from the Star Wars Wiki)

-74-Z speeder bike

-A-A5 speeder truck

-AAC-1 Hovertank

-AAC-2 Hovertank

-Infantry Support Platform

-Laser ice-cutter (probably on Hoth)

-Armored Freerunner

-Rebel combat speeder

-Rebel personnel carriers

-Flash Speeder

-Storm Skimmer Patrol Sled

-T1-B hovertank

-T2-B Tank

-Ultra-Light Assault Vehicle

The truth is I'd like to see a BF3, as a girl BF2 is the first starwars game I have liked. After that I just started playing Jedi Academy and I'm trying to get JO, but I did buy Kotor 2...anyway...

I'd personally like to see the following planets:

Glee Anselm- Home of the Nautolans (Kit Fisto)

Alderaan.

Dorin - Home of Plo Koon

Corellia.

Haruun Kal.- Home of Mace Windu

Iridonia- Home of Darth Maul

and an underwater raid of Otoh Gunga would be nice

But that's my opinion

What about the Gungan city, it's non EU, and it'd be pretty weird as an underwater level.

I remember an "odd decade" ago, mentioning that it'd be funny if you could unlock other factions as you go along, such as the Naboo/Gungans, the "Desert Dwellers of Tatooine" etc. just for muck-around fun, but could do their own galactic conquest with.

BTW, Demo for Empire of war is out, I forsee much room for inspiration when it comes to unit implementation. ;)

Archived