Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why remove a cool feature merely because some noobs would abuse it? Isn't that what tutorials and the "boot" button are for?

I do think actual driveable capital ships might be a bit tricky to do, but it might be possible. If I remember correctly Redtech had a pretty awsome idea for driving the ships. Sort of a slow, more tactical way making it almost impossible for ships to collide or anything. If something like that could be done I say it would be great.

Also on the subject of heroes, space heroes sounds like a good idea to me, only execpt an actual unit you spawn as a heroic spaceship, like Vader's TIE Advanced or the Millenium Falcon. Instead of spawning at a point you just sort of fly in from off the field, fly around and when your shot down you roll out of control and fly off the border until someone else earns the ability.

Also I think it would be cool if jedi lightsabers could actually hit, you know so when fighting blades actually clash, parry ect. I think it's kind of unrealistic to have a "block" button that makes you temporarily invincible. I would rather have it like in the Jedi Outcast games, where you automaticly block shots, but only from infront of you and only a certain amount. Any shots from behind would hit you as would many shots if your being shot at by numerous units.

Also on the subject of heroes, space heroes sounds like a good idea to me, only execpt an actual unit you spawn as a heroic spaceship, like Vader's TIE Advanced or the Millenium Falcon. Instead of spawning at a point you just sort of fly in from off the field, fly around and when your shot down you roll out of control and fly off the border until someone else earns the ability.

That would suck. Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Droid Control Ship, Saesee Tiin boarding the Prosperous, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Invisible Hand, Darth Vader on the Tantive IV, boardings have always been part of Star Wars, and heroes have been involved. So no.

I suppose that could work as well, only it would have to be set so that normal units can't enter it of course. Or maybe it could be set so some Heroes spawn their own private ship, while others merely give the vessel they drive a stats boost (If a jedi flys a vessel he gives it increased stamina for example) So instead of hero vessels you just have heroes who improve their rides, whatever it may be.

It's a bit weird with all the "glowing flashing things" though!

Personally, I don't like the ideas of officers in the conventional sense. They should be helping troops fight, not just vehicle camping. OK so on a ground battle, it'd encourage people to protect "that" At-TE, but space vehicles are too big, I mean, could you imagine a magnaguard casting "poison" from a cap ship? It'd be more devastating than a 3-1 CIS: Republic kill ratio!

Way I see it, Cap ships should be controlled by someone plotting a couse(e.g. straight line, up, down, left, right, circular patterns, figure of 8 etc.) but you can't plot a course that means a collision with another capital ship, although ramming starfighters is a novel idea! This prevents people just trying to ram other ships and causing clipping/collision problems.

Also, I'd bump up the health of a capital ship REALLY high, but the systems are weak points, once those are wrecked, bad things continously happen to the ship (mentioned in other posts by Paranoid Android, ask him) then the systems would be critical points of the ship. Wrecking them all weakens the ship to about 30% health left, then you can just wreck through armour and the ship blows, you win. It's a lot more "powerful" then simply gaining points.

or more interesting battles, the ship has a lot of weakpoints only found inside a ship, and to be even eviller, you can destroy a ship by destroying all the weak points inside the vessal, you really have to watch out for those invasions, they're not just annoyances, they're a REAL danger!

The guns should also be able to damage capital ships, like in Episode 3, but of course, they can be destroyed to prevent retaliation, and they're in a lot more useful positions (and are a lot more sensible then machine guns). This way you could wipe out the guns on one side of the ship, but they could turn around and attack from the other side. It's pretty much how naval combat works IRL.

Well, it is an an artillery piece. You'd fire at the enemies' command post from you're own and the laser would come down and smite the enemy (that doesn't really make sense, a turbolaser falling in an arc, but that's apparent how it works from what I've seen.). You wouldn't really have to go any where.

Ah, well they do act like projectile artillery in SWGB, but that's not know for making all that much sense. I did think it would be a bit silly... Maybe they'd be used in an anti-air capacity. Wookiepedia says it was eventually modifed for use in indirect fire and the Databank says "the SPHA-T provides long-range surface-to-surface and surface-to-air fire", so perhaps it could be used aganist ground positions. Otherwise I only see the turbolaser variant be useful in attacks againist large structures, like maybe Rhen Var: Harbor's ruins and the Generator on Hoth (concievebly), landed starships like Hard Cells and Lucrehulks on Geonosis, or Starships being used in atmospheric assaults.

A somewhat related issue is the fact Imperial-class Star Destroyers where incapable of atmospheric assault. If they are going to include the concept, alternitives should be made. Perhaps Acclamators and Venators would be used for this purpose by the Empire.

I think I remember talking about this before... anyway in my opinion the SPHA-T might be a bit too big to actually have as a controllable vehicle (unless the map was unbelievibly massive). But then again the AT-AT is pretty huge and that works just fine, so maybe the SPHA-T could work, it would be huge, slow but have massive firepower. I still think I would rather see it as a destroyable command post for a Geonosis (and maybe a few other) map though.

Basicly they just sit there and look impressive until a commander orders an artillery strike (Speacial Commander ability only useful on maps with artillery) on a target (Techno Union ships, usually) or a large group of enemies, then they vaporize anything in that area for a bit then wait for their lasers to recharge.

I also think they're should be a 7th class, consisting of Jedi, Dark Jedi, or Sith.

I'm not too sure on this one, I don't think jedi/sith were common enough to warrent their own class on a battlefield. Not to say they weren't there at all, but this is why we have heroes, to represent the jedi presence on the battle field. I wouldn't want a whole unit class dedicated to them.

On some maps, like Geonosis, where lots of jedi were present, some generic jedi knights would make a good "elite" class. (Basicly a class unique to a certain map that requires more points to be unlocked and has a limited number.) I talked more about this in one of my long posts, some other examples could be the Emperors body guards and ARC troopers.

On the field of space heros, wouldnt it be cool if like passengers could walk around inside of the milinium falcon

also i htink that frigits should become destructable spawn points. They could have like a fighter and a basic ship in them and a turret room. If it was destroyed, the passengers would have 30 seconds to get to an escape pod or get on a ship

also a ground and space battle would be cool. like where there were ships in low orbit and they could bombard the ground but the ground could fire on them

the last thing is that all the weapons should be restored to their rightful vehikles and there should be differneces between teams other than uniform

well, they are too big for BF series. Unless you want to turn the game into mostly a vehicle feast there would hardly be any target for them to shoot at.

A vehicle fest? I don't remember "that" many tanks being on Geonosis. Mainly infantry combat and heavy support, as all good "war" games should be. It's what the heavy class was invented for, not to blow up narrow corridors! Also, I like the idea of the artillery calling a strike on a group of stupid bots. BLAM!

i don't know if this has already been said before, but I want to be able to fight the rebels with the clones, and use the droids against the empire. I also want the story mode to expand into the days of the new republic. after that I want certain glitches to be fixed, like when I'm trying to snpie someone but the shot get blocked by a pillar even when its not in the way. next i want a gunship available with land battles. i want to beable to use a rope to jump out of a gunship in midair. Another thing i want is there to be land battles where you can only get to the enemy strong hold with a gunship. I want a Mannan battle. I want all planets from the battlefront 1 and 2. I want to beable to control the captial ship in space. I want an option that will allow you to choose if you want to be seen getting into the vehicle and not just disapper out of thin air into a vehicle. I want to have to slide down a rope when spawning from an AT-AT. Smarter AI. and for the enemy not to concentrate all attackes on me if i'm not a hero or carring a flag, I want to be treated like a normal soldier. I want to control friendly units when I'm a hero. The AI's objectives are to capture command post and not search and destroy. AI's land in enemy Capital Ships. AI's complete objectives too. Land to space battles. Hero die logically, like regular units. captial ships in ground battles. Tutorial on all unit types in the game. Captial ship captial turrents do more damage on other captial ships. Retreat command in galactic conquest.

Archived