Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that some frigates, such as Acclamator assault ships and Trade Federation Landers should spawn vehicles.

Well, if they allow troops to spawn on them, and spawn vehicles then they effectivly become a toned down capital ship, right? These types of vehicles would no longer be considered "frigates" but instead they are

And another minor concern. If a LAAT or other transport is just picking up, they should be able to turn off they're command post function, so the spawned units don't get murdalized when they're left behind or something. You might be able to dock down the transport so it can't move as well so bots do mess anything up by driving/flying it away or crashing it.
effectivly minor capital ships.

Yeah, it would suck to just spawn as the gunship is just taking off, leaving you stranded in the middle of some jungle surrounded by enemies. I think that as soon as it lifts off of the ground it ceases to become a spawn point for troops.

Of course the AI would have to be tweaked a bit to use gunships more effectivly as they would hopefully play a larger role in a SWBFIII being on several ground maps.

A neat idea might be to have all troops spawning spawn inside the transport, then they could immediatly get out and fight, or stay inside if the ship is in flight or about to retreat. Each Transport could only hold a certain amount of units, but units will only stay in it for transport purposes, once it lands you should probably exit. Also it would be cool if guys riding the transports could fire from inside, not in space of course as the hatches would be closed but in land battles.

i think u should be able to ram capital ships and actauly make holes in the ships if there shields are down

I'm not sure this would be a good idea, In my opinion the capital ship drive setup should make purposly ramming other ships illegal. The only way it would be possible I say is if the engines or bridge are destroyed and you lose control of the ship, then it drifts aimlessly and could hit and damage other vessels.

Punctuation isn't a crime y'know. Look, I used an comma!

Oh yeah, and Android does know what he's talking about.

Never thought about a ship drifting if the bridge is down. It'd be funny if it randomly rolled out of control. I wonder if it'd be fair for all "command vehicles" to have many passenger seats and you just spawn inside one of them, THEN decide if you want to leave or not.

Me, I thought BF1 and 2 were fairly good. But always seemed to be a step or two away from the kind of game I could really go crazy over. That's my main wish for SWBF3, that it be that sort of game.

Somthing that looks and feels more like a new game, instead of merely a souped up, improved, but ultimatly old version of the original.

I want the game's timeline to expand into the days of the New Republic. I want a space battle with the deathstar. I also want them to take their time in making the game and fix all the noticable kinks in the game. Finally I want to the units actually get into the vehicle through a door and not just appear inside the vehicle.

Do you mean you'd like the "third" Battlefront, that is if there will be one, should be more of a game, like adventure game. Based on following the story wars story a bit more than SWBF2. What exactly mean by more of a "game"?

What I mean is I'd like it to seem more like a new battlefront game. I mean, for me SWBF2 felt sort of like an expansion, sure their were some minor graphical updates, new maps, etc but it still felt like SWBF1 and still had most of it's disapointments and limitations.

What I meant when I said I want a new game, is I want a game thats still basicly battlefront, still the same basic concept but completely suped up and improved. Revised and Expanded: completely new, better graphics, improved, expanded gameplay, all sorts of revisions, most of the stuff we've talked about here actually.

I'd want them to take their time with it, to make it a definite, concrete improvement from the originals. With everything you liked giving you a much better experience overall.

What I mean is I'd like it to seem more like a new battlefront game. I mean, for me SWBF2 felt sort of like an expansion, sure their were some minor graphical updates, new maps, etc but it still felt like SWBF1 and still had most of it's disapointments and limitations.

What I meant when I said I want a new game, is I want a game thats still basicly battlefront, still the same basic concept but completely suped up and improved. Revised and Expanded: completely new, better graphics, improved, expanded gameplay, all sorts of revisions, most of the stuff we've talked about here actually.

I'd want them to take their time with it, to make it a definite, concrete improvement from the originals. With everything you liked giving you a much better experience overall.

I can agree with you on most of the things you should, except that it felt like an expansion. I personally found it felt rather different. I found it was more improved controls and better units. It just seemed totally different to me.

I think that the sniper class, should be a scout character, with bonuses relating to mobility and stealth (they would have camoflague and wouldn't be able to be seen if they're X amount away). They would still have they're sniper rifle too, of course.

I think the scouts are pretty good the way they are actually, the quickest units but also the ones with the lowest health.

If I had to change the scouts I would give them back the back the recon droid, but keep it's self activated self destruct. They could still call down air strikes though, just in a diffrent way. Maybe somthing that involves the commander units, like the droid spots the target but the commander has to order the strike in that location, or some other method involving teamwork.

Also you could switch control back to the sniper, leaving the recon droid hovering in one spot, so it can also serve as an auto turret if the need arises.

Another thing the snipers could use in my opinion is a grappling hook. I know that several mods used this device, and I found it quite fun and I think it would be awsome for scouts to have. To let them get into those nifty sniping spots normal troops can't get to.

Only prob is people complaining about exploits. The levels as they are will just result in people getting into "unshootable" locations and picking people of.

What I wonder is, Why do people hate snipers so much? Why not keep the rate of fire, but make it hurt less on body shots, rather than have everyone doing ninja impressions if someone misses? Mind you, situations where sniping someone in the legs makes them fall over would be a laugh.

Yes, it would be cool if the snipers had a "scout pistol", somthing with a good rate of fire, but a very short range and a longer recharge rate. Also maybe with the grappling hook secondary mode.

Of course they'd have to make sure theirs no cheap "unshootable" areas. Sure it will be hard to eliminate a sniper wholed up in a certain area, but thats nothing another sniper or a jet pack trooper can't fix.

Also how about giving each class a slightly diffrent rifle, the empire and rebublic could have heavier rifles dishing greater damage, while the rebel rifle has less ammo, and less power but boasts a longer range and a slightly faster rate of fire. The CIS rifle will appear to be the worst, dealing slightly less damage then the standard rifle, but when fully charged it's the most devastating of the sniper rifles. Or somthing along those lines.

Also how about giving each class a slightly diffrent rifle, the empire and rebublic could have heavier rifles dishing greater damage, while the rebel rifle has less ammo, and less power but boasts a longer range and a slightly faster rate of fire. The CIS rifle will appear to be the worst, dealing slightly less damage then the standard rifle, but when fully charged it's the most devastating of the sniper rifles. Or somthing along those lines.

I can definitely agree with these ideas. Those, I think, would cope well, if there is going to be a Battlefront III.

Way I see it, Cap ships should be controlled by someone plotting a couse(e.g. straight line, up, down, left, right, circular patterns, figure of 8 etc.) but you can't plot a course that means a collision with another capital ship, although ramming starfighters is a novel idea! This prevents people just trying to ram other ships and causing clipping/collision problems.

A great Idea, you could also go with a collision warning system. Let's say a Capital ship is close to ramming your Capital ship, a warning pop's up on your side's screen giving you or whoever you're playing with time to move your ship out of the way. Also make the damage received form a collision equal on both parts. It wouldn't take long for people to learn not to crash a ship. But destroying the heavy guns on one side of your enemy's ship and moving your ship to that side so you could blast away would be fun.

Also, I'd bump up the health of a capital ship REALLY high, but the systems are weak points, once those are wrecked, bad things continously happen to the ship (mentioned in other posts by Paranoid Android, ask him) then the systems would be critical points of the ship. Wrecking them all weakens the ship to about 30% health left, then you can just wreck through armour and the ship blows, you win. It's a lot more "powerful" then simply gaining points.

I agree with this couple this with your other idea

or more interesting battles, the ship has a lot of weakpoints only found inside a ship, and to be even eviller, you can destroy a ship by destroying all the weak points inside the vessal, you really have to watch out for those invasions, they're not just annoyances, they're a REAL danger!

it would make the space battles a lot more fun and harder to win.

Maybe have an entire different type of space battle. Just dogfighting. Pick your ship and have at it. After a bit if you score enough kills you get your choice of a "Hero" ship..Luke's x-wing and such. First team to 50 or 100 wins the dogfight.

The space battles are just too easy to win now. All you really need are about 6 people to play these roles. 2 to bomb the enemy ships, 1 or 2 to bomb stuff on the inside of the enemy ship and 2 to provide cover for the bombers and or destroy the enemy bombers. Only time you really lose is if everyone goes after the inside of the enemy ship or they just want to all dogfight.

Thanks. :) I was thinking more along the lines of not crashing cap ships at all though. Sort of like an "emergency halt" if that's about to happen.

--------------------------

Paranoid, I like the idea about the sniper rifles, especially since the CIS use cheaper mass produced "civil" weapons for standard battle droids.

-------------------------

Zerted, how about exaggerating the movement speeds of classes. Make the "scout" class really fast and the heavy classes really really slow. Personally, I don't think the sniper should be "that" good at close range though, otherwise they'll replace the other shorter range classes, but being able to chuck multi auto-turrents or smoke grenades, something defensive (maybe more themal dets or very high endurance)...something along those lines.

Smoke gernades wouldn't be effective in SWBF2. People would just lock-on to the enemy, and you would be able to see the lock-on graphics through the smoke. I'd settle for a second auto-turret. Lower the turret's health (not time length) and give the sniper 2 would be fine with me. I don't want to make the sniper stronger at close range, just give it the chance to run away from a fight or something like that.

I can just see it now. The Ultimate TK. Drive a captial ship off the map. It will give all the players on it a warning about leaving the map then BOOM. The entire ship blows up killing everything on it and ending the match. TKers will love this.

Archived