Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about they re-record some music, honestly, it's getting boring. Mos Eisley at least had approrpriate music (and Ewok Hunt). Get some new tunes in and then put approrpriate ones for each side.

Zerted, why is there even a lock on for machine guns? I didn't know people used it online. I thought people were moaning about the autoaim "glitch" in the first Battlefront.

Oh yeah, as for Cap ships, I'll do a "Paranoid Android" and say that if the ship's could only set a course that was valid, it'd prevent people being able to drive out of boundaries (although having it spontaneously blow up might be very funny!)

In regard to Mos Eisley Assault's music:

I think it fits the situation; all the heroes from all the movies are attacking each other, and my friends and I have a blast slaughtering the opposing team and/or TK'ing each other. :D To me, the crazy music adds to the silliness (which is basically what the mode is).

Personally I agree as well, sure the music was kind of annoying: But it fit the mode well in my opinion.

Now I do find that in some cases the music really doesn't fit the situation. Me I'm going to say customization would be cool. Sure each level has a prerecorded sound track like it is now, but if people wanted they could go to " level options" and tinker with the soundtrack (and about a dozen other possible things) to their hearts content.

Honestly, I want a custom soundtrack. Because I can only imagine the fun of shooting some jedi while rocking to Queen.

Did anyone else get an image of the bar scene from Shaun of the Dead? The part where they are beating the bar owner on the head in time with Queen. I can just imagine doing that with a lightsaber.

TKer's just annoy me, I can see them flying a capital ship off screen too. Or just make the screen work like the pac-man screen, you disappear off one side and end up on the other side.

Fine with me.

"You know, I've had a revelation" as Agent Smith would say.

The problem with the ideas we seem to be chucking, is that they make the game more complex, more "realistic" and probably more like a Battlefield killer, but then in another thread, it just dawned, that the whole point of the game IS to make it n00b friendly, cartoony and pretty much "spongebob with guns".

I propose the cap ships are DIRECTLY controllable, let the admin decide who to kick for getting one whole side nuked...can't be any more spammable and n00b friendly than Jedi, overpowered award weapons and the shotgun of P0wer etc...

Yep, I'm going to ask for a job in Pandemic. :p

i agree that they'll have a swbf3. swbf2 wasn't exactly the greatest. i dunno wut they tried to get outa takin away some of the maps and the fighters on ground-based maps. i enjoyed bespin and those other maps... as for those maps listed half or more of them are ones most people haven't even heard of (except me, being the sw nerd i am) so i doubt ALL of them will be in swbf3... if their is one...

I propose the cap ships are DIRECTLY controllable, let the admin decide who to kick for getting one whole side nuked...can't be any more spammable and n00b friendly than Jedi, overpowered award weapons and the shotgun of P0wer etc...
I agree. One problem with choosing a flightplan is that when and how often can they be changed, and isn't there still the possibility of the opposing ships colliding if they have the same exact plan? Let the player control 'em; nothing would be more awesome than smashing a crippled Mon Calamari Cruiser into the belly of an ISD (after everyone else has evacuated, of course :D).

Well, I suppose that it would be set so two ships can never purposly occupy the same space at the same time, if two ships start heading toward each other, they automaticly stop before they collide. Of course it would be impossible to drive them off the side.

Directly controlling could work to I suppose, really I'd be open to either. True some twit could abuse it, but really I don't think the threat of TKers should influence gameplay at all. If someone is being lame and crashing cap. ships just boot them, thats what the option is for.

I think that land and space battles should be more integrated. For example, all units should be on both land and space and they're should be heroes in space.

I think that the Pilot and Engineer should be seperate classes. The Pilot should pilot and the Engineer should repair things, get by obstacles (such as locked doors, chasms, ect.), man capital ships, ect.

I think that land and space battles should be more integrated. For example, all units should be on both land and space and they're should be heroes in space.

I think that the Pilot and Engineer should be seperate classes. The Pilot should pilot and the Engineer should repair things, get by obstacles (such as locked doors, chasms, ect.), man capital ships, ect.

Yeah. I think some unit such as heroes should be about do be impemented on space maps.

I've thought about this too. It seems so wrong to see Rebel Smugglers and not Rebel Pilots jump into snowspeeders. :( Though I think it would be better to make the engineer a 'Combat Engineer,' where it could be equipped with detpacks, a fusioncutter, and a turrent that could be moved about the battlefield by the engineer only (I remember this last idea being discussed for ideas for Battlefront II).

actually I do think combat engineer is a cool name.

Though I think since smugglers don't give bonus to any vehicles anyways its ok, and its kind of meaningless to have a land base pilot class. Only space pilots seem to auto repair vehicles.

I am not keen on the "pilot the capital ship" thing though.

Countless times I play battlefield and some stupid chipmunks/n00bs/tardz jack the ship and capsize it at the corner or something annoying that hack out of the whole team. I can soooo see similar things happening.

Countless times I play battlefield and some stupid chipmunks/n00bs/tardz jack the ship and capsize it at the corner or something annoying that hack out of the whole team. I can soooo see similar things happening.
This IS space, so the only way to destroy a capital ship would be to ram it into another capital ship, whether on your team or not. One way to prevent this is maybe that players that have very few teamkills (maybe one TK per fifty enemy kills or so) can pilot capital ships; and also limit those who pilot capitol ships to the commander class.

I could see the pilots as a class (seperate from the engineer, the pilot would only have a pistol, and maybe a few time bombs.) that appear only during space battles, and on ground battles where flying vehicles are present. (Hoth, Geonosis, etc) Maybe they could be the only class that can use the flyers, or they could just provide an energy boost/auto repair function making them superior at flying then non-flyers.

Heck maybe each factions pilot offers a unique boost, since most people are in favor of more unique teams.

I definetly think they should be seperate, and not the same. Engineers should not heal vehicles (unless they hijack them) but should instead be like real army engineers and Pilots should focus on piloting the vehicles and maybe blowing things up. Combat Enginneers definetly describes my idea. I think they should have the original Clone Pilot's Arc Caster and if the Dark Trooper has his Arc Caster it should be a Heavy Arc Caster.

Howzabout this: any soldier can pilot a vehicle, except they can't use the vehicle's boost, they don't self heal, and they can't take enemy vehicles, even if they're empty. On the other hand, pilots can do all of those, but they're armed only with an upgraded pistol (commando pistol), 2 grenades, and (maybe) a fusioncutter.

Wow, I totally forgot about this site for two weeks.

Ok first of all, bear in mind that the next generation of consoles is at hand. If lucasarts waits long enough, this game is going to be a LOT more than an expansion.

I think that the difference between a good map that should be included in the battlefronts and a "hard core only" map is whether or not they can worm in a plot behind the reason of the map. Rhen Var(?) had the whole "defend our sensors from the rebel attack" and "stop them we will, and take this station for our own use". If you can take a hard core map and stick it in the storyline so that it would seem like a major battle of that era, it might just be welcomed by a movie-to-game ranter.

Archived