Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The katana fleet is a fleet of ships which was created before the clone wars it consisted of 200 redecorated dreadnaughts The crew was infected with a virus that made them go nuts so they slaved the ships together which then jumped to hyperspace and was lost for 50 years till grand admiral thrawn found them and escaped with 180 dreadnaughts. for more info go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana_fleet

Oh right they were mentioned in the Clone Wars Dark Horse novels, they made a unified jump into hyperspace and it sent all the crews of the dreadnaughts mad. Kinda freaky but a bit too EU for a game.

it sounds a little to overpowered

i think engeneers should loose thier immunity to mines and allow the shooting of mines with rifles and such

also, i think you should have a choice of anti vehicle or anti infantry heavy trooper

the anti vehicle would be focused entirely on vehicles like they are in bf1942

the anti infantry would have a portable turret like the ones defending you flag on hoth or hte ones the rebels have on hoth hunt or the kind the emps shoot the millinium falcon with befor it escapes hoth

i no its been done in mods (battlefield 1918) succesfuly

it sounds a little to overpowered

i think engeneers should loose thier immunity to mines and allow the shooting of mines with rifles and such

also, i think you should have a choice of anti vehicle or anti infantry heavy trooper

the anti vehicle would be focused entirely on vehicles like they are in bf1942

the anti infantry would have a portable turret like the ones defending you flag on hoth or hte ones the rebels have on hoth hunt or the kind the emps shoot the millinium falcon with befor it escapes hoth

i no its been done in mods (battlefield 1918) succesfuly

I'd rather let the Combat Engineer carry around a portable turrent, seeing as engineers in the game currently build and repair turrents, droids, and structures.

I don't think the heavy weapons class should be a seperate class from anti-tank. In my opinion combating vehicles is a job shared by all classes, HVY classes just have the best equipment for the job. Really I see them as guys who deal tons of damage, but are slow and ineffective by themselves.

As for combat engineers, I see them as more behind the scenes support troops. More focused on defenses and stuff. I'm not too sure about portable turrets, seems like it would kind of undermine the HVY troopers role of adding heavy fire power. But I suppose that as they are pretty much a defensive tool, as they have to be set up ahead of time, it might not be completely overpowering, I'd be willing to give it a try.

Aside from this I think they should have mines to fortify bases and detpacks so they can also support infantry groups if need be by blowing up a door or another obstacle. Of course they have a fusion cutter for repairing/disarming/slicing, and a side pistol for defence if they can't get a turret up in time. They could lose the med/health packs, and mine immunity and shotgun as far as i'm concerned...

I don't know if this is exactly related to this thread or not, but I would like to see the game Star Wars:Battlefronts of the Old Republic. It would take place during the time of Knights of the Old Republic, and you could have two time periods like the other Battlefront games...the Mandalorian Wars, and the Sith Wars/Sith Empire. There are even plenty of Jedi and Sith to play as Heroes, as well as characters like Carth Onasi and Canderous Ordo. I think it would be a sweet game.

I don't know if this is exactly related to this thread or not, but I would like to see the game Star Wars:Battlefronts of the Old Republic. It would take place during the time of Knights of the Old Republic, and you could have two time periods like the other Battlefront games...the Mandalorian Wars, and the Sith Wars/Sith Empire. There are even plenty of Jedi and Sith to play as Heroes, as well as characters like Carth Onasi and Canderous Ordo. I think it would be a sweet game.

I would honestly have to agree with you...I think that would be sweet.

Eh, the bigger the vehicle the bigger the splash damage....unless the vehicle is made for other purposes.

So, the big artillery in Ep2 is "so" meant to kill infantry, being the biggest ground vehicle in Star Wars.

I'm suggesting a compromise being the n00bfest of even the smallest POS causing splash damage that makes infantry obsolete in BF1, and the "vehicles can't hit squat" problem in BF2.

Because it adds diversity to the units. Also, "realistically" not every war vehicle is meant to own infantry, even tanks have trouble with men at closer ranges unless they have a secondary anti-infantry weapon.

I have issues with an AT-RT being rubbish at killing men, but being able to kill an AAT! I mean, really, WTF? One's an anti-infantry scout, so should be able to own infantry, the other is a bloody tank. It should have some trouble against infantry, but be able to murder other vehicles in it's weight category. That's why I suggest the main cannon has a lower splash, consider it a "walk in front and you die" weapon, like the Spider Droid...which no one sane ever uses.

-----------------------------

Jawa, if I remember, the shotgun belonged to the engineer class in Battlefield 2. Hmmmm...

-------------

I dunno about the Katana fleet as an Imp mission, it's after "their" time, isn't it?

Listen "very" carefully.

I agree that things that should be good at killing men should be good at doing it. If you get a direct hit you should die! Point being that some units and weapons should not be able to blow everyone into orbit.

AT-AT is a "kill-all" vehicle, so I have no grudges about a huge splash, the rebel landspeeder main weapon is ok for blasting men, but I'd have issues if it reverted to Battlefront 1 where on a vehicle level, men where useless.

You know, a balancing act really, I reckon they should bring the old rebel tank back and make that good at killing men. Then make the "new" one a bit rubbisher, but far better at fighting tanks. Oh yeah and up the health a bit on vehicles.

I'm a fan of tough vehicles that aren't "that" great" at fighting men and "wimpy" vehicles that rape infanty...and everything in between.

Oh, and someone get rid of MINIGUNS on any vehicle! They kill no one.

Really, I think the splash should fit the vehicle, larger cannon? Larger splash. But while I am in favor larger splash, I wouldn't want lasers to be overpowering. Example: ATT's main gun has a large splash radius, but the damage is very centrilized (to damage vehicles more) So while the guy's hit directly are dead, everyone else caught in the radius are merely thrown and damaged. Their big and powerful, but ultimatly clumsy and ineffective vs. the smaller, quicker units.

Then you have more medium-small blasters, these have smaller splash radius's if any, making accuracy more important, but their damage is more spread out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I want more splash, but less splash damage. If you get hit directly, or almost directly by a laser your dead, but if your just near the blast you get hurled, damaged but not dead.

Really, I agree fully with the compromise idea. I don't want SWBF1 super vehicles, but they should be better then they are in SWBF2.

Really, I think the splash should fit the vehicle, larger cannon? Larger splash. But while I am in favor larger splash, I wouldn't want lasers to be overpowering. Example: ATT's main gun has a large splash radius, but the damage is very centrilized (to damage vehicles more) So while the guy's hit directly are dead, everyone else caught in the radius are merely thrown and damaged. Their big and powerful, but ultimatly clumsy and ineffective vs. the smaller, quicker units.

Then you have more medium-small blasters, these have smaller splash radius's if any, making accuracy more important, but their damage is more spread out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I want more splash, but less splash damage. If you get hit directly, or almost directly by a laser your dead, but if your just near the blast you get hurled, damaged but not dead.

Really, I agree fully with the compromise idea. I don't want SWBF1 super vehicles, but they should be better then they are in SWBF2.

Agreed. Ya, it really depends on the vehicle and its purpose. Though I like the splash damage more in SWBF1 than in SWBF2.

I swore someone mentioned this first idea before, but I couldn't find anything resembling it.

What would be really interesting would be a space-to-ground map. There could be an invasion force of a capital ship and two frigates which hold overwhelming numbers of: fighters, troop transports, and landing craft that contain vehicles. The defenders, meanwhile, have more command posts, turrents, and defensive positions, along with a few vehicles and aircraft. The defenders will have to use their defensive capabilities to the max to repel the offensive swarm. You could think of this as an extra-large XL mode. ;)

Another mode that I think would be cool would be a 'Duel of the Fates': All the Good teams verses the Evil teams. It would basically be XL mode with the Rebels and Republic against the Empire and CIS. What would make it especially interesting is that the map-appropiate vehicles from each side would appear, along with each side's heroes. Imagine the chaos. :D

I also think there should be dedicated artillery units like others have mentioned before, such as the Rebel's new tank and the Republic SPHA-T. The CIS could use the Hailfire, but what would the Imperials use? I wouldn't want to use a modified AT-AA for two reasons: the Rebels already use a rocket artillery, and the AT-AA is strictly for attacking aircraft. I also wouldn't want to use the Empire's artillery piece currently in Empire at War; it resembles the SPHA-T too much. I think a good solution would be this: http://www.imperialassault.com/files/ingame/HoverArtilleryWeapon.jpg It's the Empire's artillery for a Star Wars mod to Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour, and I think it would work perfectly; besides, it resembles a classic artillery piece, both in look and in firing. Who can't resist that?

Ah yes, good ideas. I really like the idea of air-ground battles (yeah they've been mentioned before, doesn't make it any less of a good idea.), they would be huge but worth it I think. I'm kind of tired of maps where each side starts out in an almost identical position. Lets see some scenarios where one team isn't even on the map, and has to land and invade from a capital ship via landing craft, while the defenders have to dig in and prepare to repel wave after wave of attackers. Utapau and Kamino come to mind as good levels for this idea, Maybe even Geonosis as well.

Yeah, I remember plotting a Geonosis one. All Republic in space, all CIS on Geonosis, but no CPs for the Republic, so they really need to use AT-TE's to progress until they nab a CIS one.

Darth Andrew, yeah, a huge "Evil vs Good" battle would be amusing, if the sides were actually balanced, it'd be very complete and whole. Maybe it'd work if each side has emphaphis on a style of warfare. Mind you, Lets do Empire and Republic as well! I mean, it'd be too good for words!

I like the Empire's artillery piece. Nice graphics as well for the projectile. I love it when you can look up and see a red ball of death above you and you scream "Oh my" before being blown up. Wicked!

i think i posted about the space and ground and then some1 brought it back up in th frigates thread and yes we are on topic

on artilery, i think its a great idea, i dont know much about eu so i dont no what most of the vehicles are called

and last thing would be useless but i think that you should have a choice of old obi or clone wars obi and a choice piliot luke, luke when he attacked jabbas palace and the normal luke

and possibly for hero assult, add a custom jedi which you can earn and you could choose its speed, power, force powers and such

it might be over powered but its just an idea

I don't think the Hailfire would be a good artillery. They could use the artillery from Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds as well as the movies themselves and other games (like Clone Wars), such as the SPHAT-T, the SPMA-T (a "micro-SPHA-T" the same power in a smaller chassis), Mobile Proton Torpedo Launcher, UT-AT, HAG, and Biocannon. They're would most likely be light/heavy, self-propelled/immobile, ect. types for each faction.

Well, the hailfire sucks at close range and sucks at long range. I mean, it pretty much is the worse vehicle in the game (by a long distance) without at least tweaking it to give it a purpose. Artillery don't have to use cannons y'know. As long as it can run and fire at a long range, why shouldn't the Hailfire work?

Archived