Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it wouldn't because everyone would just be a wookiee. Trust me. Give people a choice of an alpha class and they'll take it every time.
No they wouldn't. You would be extremely vulnerable while holding a flailing stormtrooper; besides, you would rarely throw someone because it would take so long to execute.

No they wouldn't. You would be extremely vulnerable while holding a flailing stormtrooper; besides, you would rarely throw someone because it would take so long to execute.

True. There always has to be a disadvantage to each move. Usually. Also, Tusken's would be able to use their gaffi sticks....if that's what there called.

well, make melee one of the secondary weapons for all classes, some would be more powerful, while some would be really weak. Its better than a pistol with unlimited ammo.

So the weapons list would be like this:

1) Melee A

2) Secondary Weapon A (Or Melee B for some class)

3) Primary Weapon A mode

4) Primary Weapon B mode (Or special function/weapon)

5) Oddball things, like stealth, or suicide(jarjar only)

A) Support function/equipment A

B) Support function/equipment B

Really, I prefer auto-bash to a completely seperate button/command for a melee attack (unless the weapon is melee only of course) really it strikes me as more of a spur of the moment type thing, if your in a situation where a melee strike would come in handy you probably don't have time to switch to a melee mode or anything. Instead you'd rather stun the guy with your rifle, then finish him with some well placed shots to the head.

So the weapons list would be like this:

1) Melee A

2) Secondary Weapon A (Or Melee B for some class)

3) Primary Weapon A mode

4) Primary Weapon B mode (Or special function/weapon)

5) Oddball things, like stealth, or suicide(jarjar only)

Heh, nice. :thumbsup:
Really, I prefer auto-bash to a completely seperate button/command for a melee attack (unless the weapon is melee only of course) really it strikes me as more of a spur of the moment type thing, if your in a situation where a melee strike would come in handy you probably don't have time to switch to a melee mode or anything. Instead you'd rather stun the guy with your rifle, then finish him with some well placed shots to the head.
But what if you still want to keep firing? I'm always wary of something that automatically forces your character to do something that you don't want it to do (and no, this doesn't include dying ;)). A seperate melee button has worked fine in other games; I can't see why it wouldn't in Battlefront.

I just want to avoid extra controls that seem unweildy or unnecessary. (I still wish the roll command was a combo instead of an entire extra button...) The less complicated the controls the better I say, and melee attacks don't really strike me as the sort of thing that's common enough to warrent an extra button.

It would be annoying, I agree, if you wanted to keep firing for some reason. But I think that if the "auto-bash" region was kept quite small it would work out. Keep it small enough so that it's almost impossible to hit the guy on accident, you'd have to be standing right next to him while firing to suddenly melee him, or he'd have to run directly into you while you were firing. If you would rather keep firing then keep a bit of distence between the two of you. Not perfect, but I would prefer this method to a completely diffrent weapon switch or extra button which might be a bit awkward to use if the situation arises.

I'd like it to be a tiny bit more like star wars republic commando.It would be better (in my opinion) that you could pick up other weapons then just having the 2 or 1 (in the engineer's,pilots' ect. case)weapons that you have.Plus melee would rock too

You know what I'd like? I'd like if the game wasn't so damn spammy. I'd like if there weren't dodges and spaceship tricks and all manner of twitchy, sugary-cereal-addicted BS like that. I'd like a game where you didn't need 50bajillion shots to take down an enemy who's hopping around like a crack addict on a hot tin roof. I'd like a game that didn't appeal to the damn console crowd. I'd like a game that got RID of heroes, got RID of stats, and focused on teamplay and making the experience look like what you see on film. I'd like a game that didn't compel me to uninstall it with each successive play session.

Heh, yeah, I just got totally frustrated with BFII and finally uninstalled it last night. If someone makes a realism mod (or at least a screen realism mod) I'll reinstall it, but until then, the game really just seems geared more towards an audience of which I am NOT a member.

Hey! I don't mess with your quotes!

I think Solo wants the game to be more about individual skill on a team level, rather than worrying about "OMFG! NEED TO BE TOP KILLER TO PLAY AS OBI!" Also, he has a point that the game is console based. If it was PC only, it's probably hump the corpse of Republic Commando. As it is, that game beats Battlefront in being a better first person game and being more convincing that you're actually fighting a war in the first place, rather than a bunch of themed levels. All without being a Jedi.

I like your idea on being able to pick up weapons. I personally that would be awesome. Then you can have a variety of weapons you can use. A SBD with a lightsaber. :xp:

and then it goes and lops itself in half. that would be interesting

Wouldn't it make more sense to switch classes at command posts (as it is now)?

For units being able to pick up weapons: I think it defeats the purpose of individual classes if you can pick up any weapon you see. All what it would turn into is a character skin with preset weapons that you probably wouldn't use for long. It can also create powerful combos that would be hard to counter; it could even promote team-killing to an extent. Also, logic overcomes picking up weapons (imagine in the real world a sharpshooter suddenly picking up a ground-to-air missile without any training to operate it). Though it would be cool to see Vader use a rocket launcher. ;)

just cos pandemic wont make it, doesnt mean it wont be made. take timesplitters for example. 1&2 were made, and then they sold the rights to EA i think? and they made timesplitters 3 future perfect. obviously all related to star wars here...

Archived