Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think the Jedi in and of themselves are not the problem. The problem is that a lot of people hosting servers don't bother to change the settings so that Jedi are more rare, so it becomes a race to see which hero can chew up the most troops. Yeah, constant Jedi grabbing, Push spam, and Push + Sprint Attack or whatever is annoying, but I think it's better to accept the death. They're just Jedi, and they can be killed like anything else, so long as you bother to find a way. Their healing function could use a little weakening, though.

I have a suggestion or two for space, if SWBF3 ever came into being.

1) Like some people have mentioned before, we need Imperial Naval Troopers. There's just something about those guys..maybe it's the blast helmet? :p (Personally, I'd like to see them in place of the Galactic Marine's current model.)

2) Fix the turbolaser turrets so that they fire large bolts instead of beams.

3) Space heros: I don't necessarily mean Jedi here. Just imagine having people like Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, Admiral Piett, or Admiral Daala pairing up against, say, Captain Raymus Antilles, Admiral Ackbar, or Wedge in a strategic contest. They'd have tactical weapons, possibly a buff or two, of course, but their primary function would be to command the fleet, which leads me to the next thing.

4) Another well described idea, I know: controlable frigates. Not pilotable frigates, just controlable. The hero would control these ships via a console that allows course plotting, and some simple fire control. I suppose other troops could do this as well, but the hero would have some kind of bonus that would give their side a clear advantage when they're at the console. (Frigate turbolasers do more damage, frigates get a speed increase, or something like that, if not a combination of things, depending on the hero.)

5) ion cannons: It would go well with the controlable frigates, and the fighters/bombers. Of course, they should work like they do in the films, and much of the games in that they actually disable systems or otherwise affect them negatively in some way.

6) Missile/torpedo limitations: There should be a numerical limit on the fighters' heavy weapon capacity, maybe the bombers as well. Without it, the emphasis shifts away from the laser cannons, and kind of promotes wasteful firing. I can't tell you how many times I've been pursued very closely and had something like 5 or more missile attacks in a row fly right by me without even a half-hearted effort to use the lasers against me, and I was piloting a frelling bomber!

7) R5 droids in the hangers to rearm fighters that deplete their heavy weapon payload.

8) More accurate heavy turbolaser battery models. The ISD heavy batteries have eight-barreled turrets.

9) TIE Interceptors: I'd love to see them use more of their cannons, besides the two under the cockpit. Look at this model pic on SWTC.

10) Adding somewhat to #4: Maybe give the console, or even another console the ability to direct fire control on the mothership. "Concentrate all forward batteries. I don't want anything getting through." hehe

Nevermind the fact that I'll be trying to get the easier to implement of these into SWBF2 through mod maps. I just want to see the official stuff improved. With these things included, I'd be much more tempted to invest in a third Battlefront.

What needs to be improved in Battlefront III:

1. Heroes they forgot to add: Qui-Gon Jinn, Plo Koon, Lando Calrissian and also other Heroes like Kyle Katarn.

2. Heroes in Space Battles: Eg, Pilot Luke, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian and Hero Ships like the Millennium Falcon and the Queen's Ship.

3. Selectable Heroes/Villians: On any Map, select the Hero you want.

4. Other Maps: Include the Naboo Plains Map, put Rhen Var and Bespin back in and put all Maps from the first Battlefront and Battlefront II. Also include Maps like the Jedi Academy and Nar Shaddaa etc.

What needs to be improved in Battlefront III:

1. Heroes they forgot to add: Qui-Gon Jinn, Plo Koon, Lando Calrissian and also other Heroes like Kyle Katarn.

Kyle Katarn and Nar Shaddaa I def. agree with but Qui-Gon... I liked him but he died 10 years before the Clone Wars, I know that Darth Maul did as well and they probably should have used Durge or Asajj Ventress but theres no use in making the same mistake twice.

They don't need heroes. No blasters or Jedi. The game was defined around infantry, not people with glowsticks in holoween costumes. If you want a Jedi game play the Jedi Knight series, if you want blaster heroes play Republic Commando (although they are really soldiers to.) The game was meant to be about infantry and it should stay infantry. Lucas Arts has so many other Jedi games out it shouldn't be that difficult to find one.

That sort of arguement is fundamentally flawed, and pretty rude. I could just as easily tell a person that doesn't want heros to play Battlefront 1 with heroes off. Does my arguement seem anymore sound? No, of course not. I don't mean this offensively, but I'm not about to be asked to jump to another, very different game simply on the basis that someone else doesn't like the same things I do in a game, nor should I be expected to do this because I dislike something in it that someone else likes. Besides, this is a wishlist thread, so why worry so much about whether what is suggested will even be implemented that one must shoot ideas down in such a disrespectful manner? Everyone has their own ideas, and a few of us include heros. There's no need to get so emotional over a hypothetical (and non-life threatening/changing) situation.

I'll also add that I do own and enjoy a number of Star Wars games, some of which are based around hero characters, especially Jedi. That doesn't replace the Battlefront experience. In fact, who's to say I like how the SWBF2 heroes were done in the first place? I've never made any statements that are entirely clear on the matter within this forum.

On Qui-Gon: He could just appear in a few Naboo maps based on TPM. It's a bit of a waste to do that, but it'd be something.

More ideas:

1) Sniper health should be bumped to 350, or something similar, provided the base trooper is at 400. This would make headshots count once more, and increase the skill needed to counter-snipe. (No more shooting me in the foot!) At the same time, snipers are still weak enough to prevent any sane player from charging into a CP hoping that no-scoping everyone will actually work. (Then again, I'm not really what you would call a "sane" player. ^_^)

2) Bring back cockpit views and first person vehicle views (for vehicles that don't have them). I like an immersive game.

3) At the very least, bring back the old AT-AT main cannon effects. Returning the co-pilot position would also be greatly appreciated.

4) Multiple characters per class: What if I want to be a Naval Trooper instead of a Stormtrooper? a scanning crew technician instead of a DS gunner? female instead of male (in some cases)? It'd be wonderful to just select the class a second time, or use a button combination (to save X-Box players a button), and have a different model or skin come up. Options make for happy players.

5) Bring back the old squad commands. Maybe it's just me, but I like giving precise orders to my bots. "I said stop following me and hold your position!" *Watches as the Stormtrooper sprints away, and does a flying leap off a cliff* "Frell.."

That sort of arguement is fundamentally flawed, and pretty rude.

It is not rude, and nor is it flawed. It makes sense. The whole point of the SWBF series was to play as a grunt on the front lines. Not some saber-wielding super hero flying around the battlefield. I'm afraid that the fanboys have ruined the original point.

I could just as easily tell a person that doesn't want heros to play Battlefront 1 with heroes off. Does my arguement seem anymore sound? No, of course not.

Not only would your argument not seem sound, it wouldn't even make sense.

I don't mean this offensively, but I'm not about to be asked to jump to another, very different game

The Jedi Knight series as well as Republic Commando are excellent. If you haven't already played them, do so. Highly recommended.

simply on the basis that someone else doesn't like the same things I do in a game, nor should I be expected to do this because I dislike something in it that someone else likes.

Like I said, the point of the game isn't so that people could be super heroes with lightsabers.

Besides, this is a wishlist thread, so why worry so much about whether what is suggested will even be implemented that one must shoot ideas down in such a disrespectful manner? Everyone has their own ideas, and a few of us include heros. There's no need to get so emotional over a hypothetical (and non-life threatening/changing) situation.

Would you appreciate it if someone came to the thread and requested that the game be filled with chocolate bunnies and colorful eggs, or something else equally as stupid? Okay, it's Easter, give me a break. :p

If you wanted more jedis in this game, that is your opinion. But that is not ALL of what star wars is about. Yes it is fun to be a jedi but u can get sick of it, i do all the time when i play BF2. I dont like wat im gonna say but think of it this way, some ppl in this thread want this game to be more edjing towards KOTOR style of play with lots of jedi. Im not saying this is a bad thing, im just saying thats not wat battlefront is. Battlefront is and should be more like Battlefield. But they should expand on it more. They already have, with space melees and the ability to be a Jedi. But Instead of Jedi we should have like Han Solo, Boba and Jango Fett and Lando Calrisian ect. As many ppl have said this is not a game of jedi its a game of being a brute in the front line. Instead of endless heros they should have Endless unit types

Really, you're tearing my reply apart to the point of basically losing it's context. I don't like the fact that Jedi are so accessable and easily eat up half the opposing reinforcments/spawn camp/lame. What I'm saying is that I shouldn't be expected to jump back a few years in gaming because I like a little more depth to the Battlefront series.

My whole point is not that it's a flawed arguement because it's against my own opinion, or that it somehow flies in the face of what the basis of the game is. I'm saying it's flawed because there's no clear logical reason given to switch games, and instead I'm told I shouldn't even play this game over one aspect of the gameplay. It's like I'm being told to play Dark Forces the instant I make a comment about tweaking the Tenloss Disruptor Rifle in Jedi Academy, since it's based more on Jedi at this point in the series. I'm not saying anyone has to like the heros or want them. I just don't like being told to play another game because someone else is frustrated with the decisions made that I had no hand in. So, basically, I have to wonder why such anger and fear is directed at me, since I'm not with Pandemic Studios, and cannot control or be responsible for what they do next.

At what point did I say the game should be centered around hero characters? That's the last thing I want. They should add depth, not become the focus of the game by any means. The front line troops are what I play the series for, not the heroes. The hero characters just add a little spice to the game for me. Anyway, I'm actually fine with people not wanting heroes. It won't kill the game for me, if they're removed or restricted to being NPCs. Comments like the above just get me rather miffed as it is a pretty offensive way of putting an opinion out there that could be better expressed. Call it a matter of semantics, if you will.

---------------------------

Yes, I have two of the Jedi Knight games. I was in a couple of clans for a while, and I may be dusting off my JKA disk again soon. I won't be quitting the Battlefront series, though. I'm working on a new map. (Whether I actually release it is kind of iffy, though. I'm trying to fit a lot of stuff into a first release without modeling capability or a DVD version of the BF2_modtools.exe, and I'm sure xwingguy is going to beat me to release with his amazing, yet oddly similar-in-concept, Endor space map.) As for Republic Commando, I didn't get much exposure to it, since I don't own it, but I liked what I saw. I have a handful of others, though I, unfortunately, don't have any of the space sims.

----------------------------

More unit types would definately be good. Hazardtroopers, anyone? :lol: Ok, ok. At least I didn't mention Shadowtroopers. ;) Seriously, how about a class or set of classes that use those dangerous looking rifles (or whatever they are, in at least one case) we see carried by the Stormtroopers on Tatooine in ANH?

Here's another useless idea: stun capability on certain weapons, like the E-11. I mean, it'd be cool, but it'd have no major purpose. You wouldn't be able to capture the enemy. If capture becomes an option, that would be something, even if it's restricted to SP. It'd make a lot more sense than say "killing" Leia in the campaign mode and it having it considered a capture. It'd be interesting if you could actually march her up to Vader for their little tiff. You know, stun her a few more times, dance on her head...fun stuff.

Yet another thing: where are the Neimoidians? It's a minor thing, but they'd be a fun target on Mustafar, Cato Neimoidia, or in CW space maps.

So what are your ideas? I would like to be able to go from planet to planet in ships and live a life style. It would be cool to make your own soldier and make your own alliance and ships and so forth but the main reason is so we could have a awsome battlefront/galixies concept for a game. I would also like to be able to play single player instead of just massive online multiplayer. :duel: It make me so mad that I can't play galixies because of feese. :firemad::lsduel:

What were you own when you wrote this? The point of battlefront is the fight with an army on different planets. This is not an RPG or anything like this. This was really so that there can be a star wars version of battlefield(which I might add is a pretty good game).

I like the Heroes and since they had a part in the battles of the Star Wars universe they should at the very least be present. And if they're present, why not be able to play as them?

Yes but where they part of every friggin battle?

I'd like to see some old republic stuff, mandalorians anyone?
Hes got a point SWBF3 should have old republic stuff like old sith soldiers,mandalorian armies and heros such as Revan,Malak,and Canderous.also they should put in 2 maps of Taris.Taris when its fine and when its in ruins.

I would ask for the obvious: more worlds, more characters to play, more balance between those characters, and more scenarios in the space battles. I may or may not be the exception, but I found the space battles to be very fun in Battlefront II. Of course this third game would have to take full advantage of the Xbox 360 hardware and not be a simple port.

Yes but where they part of every friggin battle?

No, but you can turn them off.

Though that gives me another idea. You should be able to control the settings for each battle independantly. Maybe you want Jedi in one battle and not another? Turn them off in the battle you don't want them. And they're should be alot more options you could do, like maybe different vehicles, ect.

Abnd they're should be alot more neutral units. At least animals, unless you're playing in an animaless location such as Polis Maasa or the Death Star. And then, they're should probably be droids.

All maps should be open to all eras, even if a battle could never happen in that era.

Archived