Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

How do you think it should be changed? In what ways?
As it is, you really don't have to worry about dying because you will respawn a few seconds later. I'd make it so that you can be a certain class a number of times before you can't use it anymore. Then, you would make more of an effort to keep your character alive.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As it is, you really don't have to worry about dying because you will respawn a few seconds later. I'd make it so that you can be a certain class a number of times before you can't use it anymore. Then, you would make more of an effort to keep your character alive.

Or youd get all the other classes killed and take your favorite

Yeah, I'd like the game to have more emphasis on staying alive. The weapons are fine, unless they should be made more powerful, but like I said earlier, the AI on both sides should find cover rather than just run around the middle of the battlefield. Also, like stated earlier, more cover should be provided in the maps. There should be more bunkers and machine gun nests etc. to make the game more realistic. This is what I think.

Also, I think it would be cool to have some urban combat. I'm talking about cities with accessable buildings and courtyards, kind of like GRAW maybe. Granted Star Wars cities aren't the same as real cities, but you get the idea. There could be a mall on Coruscant or a subway station, too.

How do you think the same classes from different factions should be varried? For example, the droid engineer has different equipment from the clone engineer. I'm just wondering what others thought because I don't have much experience with Star Wars weapons and equipment.

We definately need varied weapons. As it is, I can't tell the difference between any of the weapons, so it's basically just the same weapon with a different model, ordinance graphics, and ammo count for all but the unique weapons, like the bowcaster. They don't need to be changed to the point of no longer being balanced, but they should show a enough of a difference that a player might alter it's tactics based on what weapon they're using, relative to the enemy.

For a start, there should be a definate difference in range, the rate which the weapon overheats (and cools off), reload time, and shot delay. To take it a bit further, variations in how innacurate the weapons are in different positions, or while moving, would also be nice, like we see in CoD, etc. It's all in the com_weap_inf_rifle odf already. It would just take someone putting a little time into thinking about it all, writing in some lines to the odfs, and adjusting the numbers.

If we get into identifying unique equipment, I'm at a loss there. Still, making the classes more unique across the various factions would be a welcome change.

I like the idea of having more destructable objects laying around. I've felt it makes the maps seem empty without things to interact with, get behind, and/or destroy. Speaking of interaction, there should be more things for which you can utilize the "use" function for. Just some indestructable switches that could start or stop some simple scripted events would be a great addition. Well...they don't have to be indestructable. They just wouldn't be usable, and the script would be switched to on or off (switched, and stuck) until an engineer repaired it. :p No more blasting and repairing switches only. It looks a little too weird.

We definately need varied weapons. As it is, I can't tell the difference between any of the weapons, so it's basically just the same weapon with a different model, ordinance graphics, and ammo count for all but the unique weapons, like the bowcaster. They don't need to be changed to the point of no longer being balanced, but they should show a enough of a difference that a player might alter it's tactics based on what weapon they're using, relative to the enemy.

For a start, there should be a definate difference in range, the rate which the weapon overheats (and cools off), reload time, and shot delay. To take it a bit further, variations in how innacurate the weapons are in different positions, or while moving, would also be nice, like we see in CoD, etc. It's all in the com_weap_inf_rifle odf already. It would just take someone putting a little time into thinking about it all, writing in some lines to the odfs, and adjusting the numbers.

If we get into identifying unique equipment, I'm at a loss there. Still, making the classes more unique across the various factions would be a welcome change.

I like the idea of having more destructable objects laying around. I've felt it makes the maps seem empty without things to interact with, get behind, and/or destroy. Speaking of interaction, there should be more things for which you can utilize the "use" function for. Just some indestructable switches that could start or stop some simple scripted events would be a great addition. Well...they don't have to be indestructable. They just wouldn't be usable, and the script would be switched to on or off (switched, and stuck) until an engineer repaired it. :p No more blasting and repairing switches only. It looks a little too weird.

What game are you talking about

First of alll; Weapon variations: (based on Blaster rifle) Difference in range: Shotgun, Sniper rifle

Accaracy at different positions: Sniper rifle

Reload time: Rocket launcher

and Shot delay: Shotgun, Rocket launcher

If SWBF3 uses the same or a similar game engine to SWBF2, what I mentioned would be easy, since everything is already there for us.

You've got me way wrong there. When I talk about variations, I'm talking about the Q2s5 being different from the DL-44, which should not be the same as the DH-17. The Stormtrooper's E-11 should not perfom almost exactly the same as the Rebel trooper's rifle. See where I'm going with this?

When I talk about accuracy at different positions, I'm talking about how accurate the weapon is when standing still as opposed to moving, when standing as opposed to crouching, etc. Take a look at this:

StandStillSpread    = "0.0"
StandMoveSpread     = "0.0"
CrouchStillSpread   = "0.0"
CrouchMoveSpread    = "0.0"
ProneStillSpread    = "0.0"
ProneMoveSpread     = "0.0"

This is from com_weap_inf_rifle.odf. So, I'd assume the code is in the game engine. It just needs to be utilized.

I like the idea of a destructable environment. Say someone his hiding in a bunker or something, you could shoot a rocket at the wall and it would blow apart, making the bunker useless. Still, I think that it should be rather difficult to take out most scenery because otherwise the map would get looking pretty bad. Maybe the rubble could provide some cover too.

I kind of like the idea of a battlefield turned to rubble. :lol: I don't really want to see everything as destructable in all maps, but a good number of destructable things would be fun. Yeah, rubble would make for some good cover. Prone would be nice in that kind of environment. It'd also be cool to see a team blow up a few strutures at key choke points as roadbocks, and hole up inside the perimeter for a last stand. Of course, buildings should take some concentrated effort to bring down.

That would be funny. Though it might be difficult for the AI to understand human language. They've only been taught binary.

you ever played rainbow six 3 black arrow? you can boss your team around through the mic! mainly used for bait purposes though...:)

I like the idea of a destructable environment...
I like the idea too, but you couldn't do this with SWBF. The objects just aren't made well. As soon as you destroy a wall, you'll be able to walk into the wall next to it.

If SWBF3 uses the same or a similar game engine to SWBF2, what I mentioned would be easy, since everything is already there for us.

You've got me way wrong there. When I talk about variations, I'm talking about the Q2s5 being different from the DL-44, which should not be the same as the DH-17. The Stormtrooper's E-11 should not perfom almost exactly the same as the Rebel trooper's rifle. See where I'm going with this?

When I talk about accuracy at different positions, I'm talking about how accurate the weapon is when standing still as opposed to moving, when standing as opposed to crouching, etc. Take a look at this:

StandStillSpread    = "0.0"
StandMoveSpread     = "0.0"
CrouchStillSpread   = "0.0"
CrouchMoveSpread    = "0.0"
ProneStillSpread    = "0.0"
ProneMoveSpread     = "0.0"

This is from com_weap_inf_rifle.odf. So, I'd assume the code is in the game engine. It just needs to be utilized.

oh i see what your saying i thought you meant class weapons when you acctually meant Faction weapons.

i see where your going you dont think my BlasTech T-21 is good enough!!!!!!! lol :firemad::swear:

It is a good idea though

About the walking into walls thing, we could make use of the DestroyedGeometry line that's already in SWBF2. If we had gaping holes in the geometry (not designed to be there) it'd turn into a wall camping party almost instantly, and I think we've seen enough of that involving just one person, nevermind entire armies. :p I think we're thinking more along the lines of new geometry for anything post-destruction, and, possibly, the surrounding area, so players can't just waltz into the nearest wall and glitch all night. I wouldn't get anywhere near anything as advanced as having the entire level being able to have holes punched into any part of a building one wished. That's a bit much, and I can see myself blowing up entire blocks just for fun. :lol: So, you can imagine what horrors the chipmunks would come up with. :p

I don't know enough about the T-21, unfortunately. Then again, when I see things like that, I tend to drool, and... :p Updating my Star Wars knowledge is on my to-do list. *opens a scroll rivaling Santa's list, and writes it in at the bottom* All set.

Woah, it's been a while since I've checked this thread. I like the ideas of destructable enviroments, even if it only can be in specific strategic spots, and the whole form a squad thing. Although it would be nice if the AI could do intelligent stuff like that without having to be told too. Anyway, I might have posted stuff like this before but after playing the game fresh after a short break here are the things I have noticed that I would like to be changed.

First, I would like it if lasers did more damage, it's ridiculous about how many shots from a pistol you need to take just one guy down. Also unit speed could stand to be reduced a tad.

I think turrets could be made more useful as well, right now their just deathtraps. Perhaps if they could fire more rapidly or the shots were more powerful they could be more useful.

Somthing to help make dying more painful might help as well, although I think the countdown time can be annoying enough. Perhaps some maps would require reinforcements to be shuttled in via transport? After a certain amount of people die, a transport appears on the map carrying all these players as new soldiers. It lands and then takes off again, but it only appears after so many people die so you have to wait out of action for a bit. It would make dying more annoying and so make it somthing too pay more attention to.

Another interesting idea: How about the number of troops on the map is linked to the number of spawn points you control? For example each side gets a base value of like 20 or somthing, and for every additional cp they get +5 maximum players. That way, if your down to your last CP it isn't overcrowded by players and bots getting in each others way and getting easily wiped out by grenades and it makes it more important to control CPs. Plus you don't want to die if your team only has a few CP's as you might not be able to rejoin the battle until another 'free player' spot opens.

Yeah, the blasters do seem to take forever to kill. I'd only tune up the blasters slightly, I think. The rifles aren't that bad, though they could be better. The "commando" pistol seems to be the worst, so I'd tweak that first. The funny thing is that the adjustments needed are so small it's almost rediculous.

Speaking of painful deaths, I'd like to see more death animations. As it is, I believe most of us tune out the dying part of our experience because nothing really interesting happens, and it usually only lasts for the blink of an eye. I want to see more things like soldiers falling to their knees before keeling over, or something like the Jedi deaths we see during Order 66's execution. Maybe it's just me, but I think somehow more noticable deaths might make some people think twice before just letting themselves die. At the very least, it would cost you a few seconds before you could start the respawn timer.

Linking the unit/player limit to the CPs? I'm kind of interested in seeing how that would play out.

I think another good idea would be to hae a grenade blow up near and depending on what way you are facing and the distance away from the blast you take X damage and you lose the ability or your movement is resticted to a certain degree of a specific body part( for example: you are about a meter away from a det on your left side= you lose the ability to use your left arm) alos have some weapons need 2 hands). also to the AI i would like to see something like in Goldeneye: Rogue Agent the way the AI responded to what you did like they try to duck and dodge missiles or try to shoot around their buddies when you takesomeone hostage. maybe some melee weapons besides lightsabers

I definitly think that it would be cool to have better death scenes. I remember dieing one time on Kamino and falling onto the side of one of the platforms. My character just layed there like he was on flat ground even though he was hanging off. Also, the rifle was floating right next to his hand, in mid-air, lol! He should do a flip and fall into the water head first or

Also, I think that if you are in first person view, you should die like that too, not zoom out. Though maybe you could turn to look at the person that killed you as your vision blurred and turned red.

And another thing that might be cool; if a gernade blows up next to you or a blaster bolt skims your armor, I think that it would be cool if it left like a blast mark. If you roll in dirt on geonosis or something, it could leave dirt on your armor. This would add some environmental interaction.

Archived