Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, a Battlefront better than Battlefield? The BF 2142 is going to wipe battlefront into a smeary puddle I mean c'mon, it even does lasers better.

I like the idea of different "grades" of units, as long as they're all useful, not to mention I'd prefer each side was different and unique rather than just skin updates.

I'd like to see Jedi as playable characters; not the main people, the generic ones. Also the campaign levels should have more timelimits. I'm tired of always running out of time, especially on the space levels.
Jedi as a playable side? I thin that would be too overpowering. And if you're tired of running out of time, don't you want less time limits?

I think he meant more time in the limits, but phrased it wrongly :) and jedi as a general class of soldier would be pretty good, but only in the clone wars era, 'cos otheriwse it would seem a bit wrong.

Well to balance it, Kill the jedi faction CW idea and keep it with the Sith war time.

But you could also put it in the New Jedi Order period against the Yuuzhan vong since

their armor was so hard it was dificult for even a jedi to pierce. have them resistant to force powers since they have no presence in the force and put some human units from the peace brigade to allow some force usage.

Anyway, Jedi weren't "everywhere". BF1 did well having Jedi as non-playables, if they were mortal I'd think they were balanced. I want the game to be about shooting! Not a competition about who gets to be Maul first!

While it is fun to play jedi for a time, now I'm finding it more of an annoyance. I think the jedi class idea has potential in certain situations, perhaps making them a very elite class on certain levels. But like other speacial classes their numbers are limited, and they require a great deal of points to unlock. Or speacial levels or modes where a team of jedi is placed against one of the basic armies, and horribly outnumbered. Geonosis comes to mind, Jedi Temple as well.

But for average conquest battles, I think jedi are fine the way they are. You can have 'em if you want. But it's just as possible to turn them off. Now if they had the option to make Jedi heroes NPCs (ala BF1) That might be nice. It goes without saying they'd have to be a bit brighter however.

I really enjoy BF as a shooting game. I'm not too huge with the jedi. However, I do enjoy an occasional stroll around Mos Eisley with a lightsaber. I think that it is fine to have them in the game, as long as you can turn them off if you want.

I really enjoy BF as a shooting game. I'm not too huge with the jedi. However, I do enjoy an occasional stroll around Mos Eisley with a lightsaber. I think that it is fine to have them in the game, as long as you can turn them off if you want.

I love the Jedi/Sith, I can't resist when I'm asked if I wan't to play with Darth Maul or Obi-wan, etc. I just want to sprint to an enemy CP and just pwn them all, it's so much fun lol.

Anyway, in KOTOR you can have a Jedi who actually uses guns. And somehow, they're not overpowered. Guns actually are useful in that game. I just prefer blowing away enemies to the geekish "OMFG DARTH MAUL!" moment.

Guns>>Sabres, as Episode 3 shows. ;)

I really hate the "unlockable" classes though, screw limits, make the game BLANCED rather than artificially adding restrictions. If everyone moans destroyers are too powerful, then maybe if the levels weren't so claustophobic so flanking actually works, there wouldn't be a problem. Most special classes suck anyway, so what was the point?

They aren't going to have a KOTOR timeline anyway, theres no way theu would go to that much trouble they would have to make a whole set of units, vehicles and planets from scratch, it would be cool to properly see the battles of the KOTOR, but like I said I doubt that they will do that.

Yep, like they made up most of the classes and units in SWBF say?

I think your better reasoning is, "They're owned by Bioware who won't give up the rights to a decent franchise to no two-bit-wannabe-Dice-company"

Well, I agree with you. I'm just enjoying watching my brother play Knights.

I really hate the "unlockable" classes though, screw limits, make the game BLANCED rather than artificially adding restrictions. If everyone moans destroyers are too powerful, then maybe if the levels weren't so claustophobic so flanking actually works, there wouldn't be a problem. Most special classes suck anyway, so what was the point?

I agree. I usually use the soldier for all-purpose attacks. I will use the sniper class or demolition class when the mission calls for it. Occasionally, I will play as an enginieer on maps with corridors and close-range fights. I never really use the unlockable classes. Of course, sometimes I like to break out a chain gun for a couple of minutes. :D

I agree as well. Iv'e noticed the speacial classes arn't worth the effort 9 times out of ten, however there are moments where they shine.

Really I think they spent so much effort making sure they weren't overpowered, that some of the classes really got toned down in the usefulness department.

Anyway, if they had unique roles, it would have been balanced. What about a mortar troop who couldn't fire and move but caused EXTREME damage at distance? Or A chaingun that was slow to use but the user was difficult to move? Sound like anyone we know?

Really it leads to a more "mature" game at the end of the day where people are comfortable in certain roles, but not a case where some classes are either useless or "for comedy".

Archived