Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

Anyway....

Yes, I agree most of the special classes are near-worthless. For me, the Magna Guard was pointless (although I did use it once extensively raining down rockets into the Jedi Temple Library). It's hit-or-miss rocket launcher, coupled with the radiation launcher made it a rarely used unit. Also, is it just me, or did they dumb down the Jet Trooper?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Bothans are one of the few speacial classes that I actually use as well. The other two being the wookiee and Clone Commando, although not even these two so much.

The jet trooper and Dark trooper can have their uses, but I find them to be a bit too frail for most battles. I can't use the droideka to save my life, however the magnaguard has a lot of damage potential, but usually doesn't live up to that potential. As for the imperial officer... well yeah I don't think I need to go there.

i would say that we get back to SWBF3 but ill still put in my 2 cents.

id say that the clone commander and the wookie are the best although the jet trooper isnt bad he doesnt have enough ammo to make it worth it and even then only on open maps with many holes or obsturctions (ie. Kamino, mos eisley) and the imperial officer is for making a distraction and giving enemy units target practice

I miss the EMP-ness of the EMP Gun; it doesn't feel the same without the electric blue explosion. :( This would've been nice to expand on in BF II, as the grenades could have been used to temporarily disable enemy vehicles. Though this would probably be too unbalancing.

I miss the EMP-ness of the EMP Gun; it doesn't feel the same without the electric blue explosion. :( This would've been nice to expand on in BF II, as the grenades could have been used to temporarily disable enemy vehicles. Though this would probably be too unbalancing.

Why they didn't use the electric explosion or some kind of EMP affect i'll never know, they probably forgot and then couldn't be bothered.

An EMP wouldn't make an explosion anyway, it's just the devs. being lazy again.

i belive that La wanted to ballance the jettroopers ability to fly by lowereing but went too far

Yeah, so basically, in SWBF2 the pro of the Jet Trooper is you can fly, the con is, you get constantly pwned and can never actually hit anything.

Even in SWBF1 you could easily take out a Droideka as the Jet Trooper, all it took was two EMPs and one hit from the Blaster Pistol (literally), but don't even bother trying in SWBF2.

Though this would probably be too unbalancing.

Not necessarily. It would help make the Jet Trooper worth while for one thing, perhaps it would only work if it hit the vehicles weak point? It would still have the advantage, but would require you to use some skill too use it.

Jet troopers can be kind of useful as snipers with the Precision Pistol, but I still don't use them much. Even if you have a really good sniping spot that you can only reach with a jet trooper, the AI will see you no matter what.

Yeah but the blasters go so slowly that you'll see them coming a mile off, and they're so inaccurate that you probably wouldn't even have to move out of the way.

Republic commando had a good speed for the projectiles. Personally, I'd prefer that accuracy was decreased based on movement speed and whether prone, with a penalty for being in the air (you try getting a stable firing position when you're "wibbling in the air!")

I'd prefer Jet Troopers to be "rapid response". In-out without getting killed. Let the snipers be the one to shoot from a distance. Sort of like the Dark trooper, but actually useful.

Not necessarily. It would help make the Jet Trooper worth while for one thing, perhaps it would only work if it hit the vehicles weak point? It would still have the advantage, but would require you to use some skill too use it.
That just might work, though it should take two to three hits to disable a vehicle. I like that. :)

in the game i want to be high in the air,that three layer thing i heard about was good but i would like their to be a commander thatt can slice through things with a light saber and has a 5 shot blaster rifle better than the crappy one they have got now and sides of armies where the people charge and either die or live like bigger than the battle of geonosis in the battle actualy i would like it when a jedi dies a trooper can pick it up or maybe a slicer that cuts through walls!so i would want the three layer thing and everything.so i guess if the soldier had a slicer that he could cut through walls with,and a blaster rifle(i dont see any use of a pistol but it might be good) but iwould like instead of a pistol a mode were you get to kick punch and flip the enemy over your back,leve the pistol to the weak weapons! and maybe they all charde also yo should be able to use a bainnet to hot with in an adition.(TO ME THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANTED IN BATTLEFRONT 2 AND THIS IS WHAT I WANT IN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3 .THIS IS THE ONLY WAY MOST WILL GET THE GAME)!

a jedi that can wield a blaster and a lightsber at the same time.(this will be fun to watch some one play with). say to mode blaster attack with light saber defend or lightsaber attack and plaster diversion .etc

this will require SKILL

Archived