Home

Star Wars Battlefront 3 (wishlists)

lordzack

I think they should put the death star trench run in amd have the death star mission in Return Of The Jedi and have heroes in space combat like wedge antilles, biggs, luke, darth, anikan skywalker, han solo and chewbacca in the melinium falcon, boba fett, jango fett in the slave 1, and guve the magna guards thier sticks, have a singleplayer campaign of all the sides Rebels, Empire, Clones, and CIS from every movie episode 1,2,3,4,5,6 and clone wars and have heroes as bosses at the end of levels, put Dirge(the bounty hunter in the clone wars) as a hero.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they should put the death star trench run in amd have the death star mission in Return Of The Jedi...

Theres no way that would work. Have you played battlefront? It wouldn't be anything like the movies, the fighters in battlefront go too slow to have the effect of the Death Star Trench run and the second Death Star interior anyway. What would the objectives be? fly through a tunnel/trench shoot something and then fly out, that game would end pretty quickly, if the tunnel/trench didn't get so crowded with bots or players that everyone explodes.

...and have heroes in space combat like wedge antilles, biggs, luke, darth, anikan skywalker, han solo and chewbacca in the melinium falcon, boba fett, jango fett in the slave 1...

Whats the difference? You don't see whos in the ship, having heroes in space is pointless.

...and guve the magna guards thier sticks, have a singleplayer campaign of all the sides Rebels, Empire, Clones, and CIS from every movie episode 1,2,3,4,5,6 and clone wars...

I agree, maybe in the 3rd game.

...and have heroes as bosses at the end of levels, put Dirge(the bounty hunter in the clone wars) as a hero.

That isn't how the game works, you don't get "bosses" and the end of "levels", this isn't Duke Nukem 3D.

Actually their were a few bosses in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Actually I think heroes in space would be good. Their ship would be stronger and some heroes would give more energy and other benefits to their ship. I also think that some officer or similar heroes such as Leia could give bonuses to a large area of troops, (which can be increased by a command vehicle) as well as, perhaps lesser bonuses like the officers', which they already have. I think the Dark Trooper should either be represented as a droid or should be replaced by another unit, maybe an imperial Jet Trooper or Storm Commandos.

Heroes could be seen as boss type units I suppose, I always enjoy taking them down.

I think hero ships could actually be kind of cool, maybe not hero units specificly, but improved ships would be cool, like Vader's TIE advanced, and the Millenium Falcon. What I really want to see though is bigger, larger, more intense battles. Hero ships would just be an interesting addition.

What I really want to see are more cinimatic battles, the original trench run would be kind of weird, but I still maintain it could work. Space Coruscant would rule, and I would understand a kind of toned down Endor (Death star in background, not destroyable) Although a full sized one with an actual Death Star, spawning fighters which you actually have to enter and destroy would be awsome.

Sure it seems simple, but remember, you can't just rush up to the Death Star and go into the core, you have to fight through a swarm of TIE's and wait until the sheild goes down. The Death Star is just an ultimate goal in a really big space battle.

WELL EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres no way that would work. Have you played battlefront? It wouldn't be anything like the movies, the fighters in battlefront go too slow to have the effect of the Death Star Trench run and the second Death Star interior anyway. What would the objectives be? fly through a tunnel/trench shoot something and then fly out, that game would end pretty quickly, if the tunnel/trench didn't get so crowded with bots or players that everyone explodes.

Yes that is the idea, but have it as a mini game its alot better than the stupid hunt mode

Whats the difference? You don't see whos in the ship, having heroes in space is pointless.

Have the light saber make the ship faster, better weapons what have you got a problem with that???

That isn't how the game works, you don't get "bosses" and the end of "levels", this isn't Duke Nukem 3D.

WHAT? who said it was Duke Nukem and yes there are bosses in Battlefront 2 anyway im talking single player campaign not a muck around instant play you can play that or the single player im just trying to make the single player experience better because it was a let down for me!

Well, if the game is moving slow, most people would be camping like crazy, I mean yeah it may be more realistic, but do you really want a game filled with mostly sniper whores and rocket whores?

Wait, can anyone get kills with the sniper rifle? :p Anyway there are ways around it, at the mo, Battlefront rivals the speed of the beserk mutator in UT. There's also the important thing called GOOD MAP DESIGN every level doesn't need to be a chokepoint campfest. Anyway, the speed of Battlefront 1 was OK IMHO. The sprint is way too fast for some units though, I mean the Dark Trooper is a world class athelete with that armour and that running speed!

Also, I'd prefer if the sniper was a charge up weapon, so people with the skill to pop someone with a full-charge would actually deserve the kill, at the mo, I think it's only good for Kamino against bots...till you get the elite rifle.

I'm not really a fan of making a sniper projectile "slow" either. Been playing half life 2 and it really ticks me off that the AI is smart enough to dodge crossbow bolts!

As for rockets, why do they have to be explosive? I mean, for a sci-fi game, they could add stuff like implosives or concussive (blow you around, but minimal damage). Heck, minimise splash damage, for an AT class, I couldn't care less if they can't kill people with the rocket launcher efficiently.

Yes that is the idea, but have it as a mini game its alot better than the stupid hunt mode

Fair enough, but the starfighters don't go fast enough for it to look cool or anything.

Have the light saber make the ship faster, better weapons what have you got a problem with that???

Lightsabers would be an unfair advantage in the capital ships, you could destroy the ship systems really quickly.

How would the player character make the ship faster?

and what do you mean better weapons? on the ship or the units weapons?

WHAT? who said it was Duke Nukem and yes there are bosses in Battlefront 2 anyway im talking single player campaign not a muck around instant play you can play that or the single player im just trying to make the single player experience better because it was a let down for me!

I said it was Duke Nukem. What was so hard to understand?

You said Bosses at the end of every Level and that just sounded like an old game like, Duke Nukem.

Most of your four line sentence didn't make any sense so i'll just say no. Heroes as "bosses" just wouldn't work.

I think the ships systems should actually do something. The engines should move the ship to avoid turrent fire, the sensor relay should determine wethier or not you you know the status of you're ship or the enemies. They're should be many rooms on the ship, and ship command posts should be capturable, so if you capture the hangar, and unless they have another ship, they can't launch fighters, ect. Then if you capture the bridge the ship starts spawning you're fighters because you've taken it over, if you capture enginnering you control the ship's systems and if you control the barracks they can't spawn troops on that ship at all, ect.

You should be able to blast the ship's hull up so bad that they lose. You should also have hangar shields that you have to disable, or have to infiltrate it when an enemy is exiting.

Yeah, having systems actually do stuff is a good idea, if suitable things could be found for all.

I really think capital ships need more complex interiors, you know to make boarding somthing to actually work for? Instead of just rushing in and dropping bombs all over the place. I say, make them almost Tantive IV sized maps, with corridors and rooms housing vital systems (if destroyed from the inside, the system can be repaired, destroying it from space is trickier, but permanent.) and maybe several CP's.

Maybe with more rooms to explore, like say, a security center, this room spawns security NPC's to guard the ship, and serves and a fall back CP if the hangers are taken. It also could have some cool features, like the ability to remotly control the auto-turrets within the ship, or "lock down" certain sections of the ship by making all the doors permenetly closed (Which gives the pilots an excuse to break out those time bombs they love to use...) in a certain area. Controlling the center would be of great strategic value.

Perhaps a Medical bay to? Probably a bad idea but I sort of dislike how medical droids are about as common as dirt, maybe make health a bit harder to come by.

Another room could be a barracks, this would serve as the primary spawn point for troops, a room very close to the hanger, they spawn here and then go to their ships. It's the first CP boarders must take after landing in the hanger, after this falls, troops retreat back to the Security Center, and then to the bridge.

The bridge of course is the whole command center, if captured, the ship basicly becomes yours, and you earn major points, and it starts spawning your ships and the like, (or maybe still enemy ships, but you just get to use them now...) But if destroyed then the ship is basicly neutralized.

Anywho capital ships should be destroyable as well, but not easily. Blasting wildly at a ship deals minor, repairable damage. To really dent it attack vital systems (hull, bridge, comm. array, etc) These are like critical points, they allow you to deal permenate damage to a ship, but once destroyed can no longer be exploited. So after destroying them all the ship is basicly a flame spewing hulk of metal, with a small, manegable amount of health left, just enough for all onboard to abandon ship immediatly...

Of course the destruction of one capital ship doesn't mean the end of the battle, their would be more then one of course, the battles would still be won by point scoring, but with much larger numbers, allowing the battle to change course several times as ships are captured and retaken, hopefully a team can win by destroying all his enemies ships before the point cap is even reached, this just ensures that it doesn't last forever, after all ships don't always fight to the end, they can retreat if they take heavy losses etc.

This is what I would want in the next SWB3 game:

Jedi:

Plo Koon

Kit Fisto

Stass Allie

Qui-Gon Jinn

They should work on the Jedi's skills and 1 thing that gets annoying is that when you are a sith, Ki-Adi-Mundi always back picks you by throwing his lightsaber, that gets annoying but I kick his arse anyways.

The sith where great but Darth Sidious really sucked. The only good siths were General Grievous, Anakin and Darth Maul.

They should make a Galatic Conquest with the gungan war with the Trade Federation and the Gungans (A huge war).

And better vehicle graphics and more vehicles to choose from.

You should be able to fly those big huge ships and smash them into each other. And you should be able to operate the guns on the ships. And I wonder why their were no folture droids. The starfighters were alright but the Empires didn't do very well. I could barely even reach the enemy ship. But when I was the rebels I creamed the Empire.

Basically I think that the whole game has to be fixed but it was very fun. Missions should of been longer too and more challenging and more opponents to face.

More to come soon :vsd:

I think each faction should get a special starfighter. For the Rebels it should be the B-Wing and the Empire should get the Tie-Defender. I'm not sure about the other two (or possibly six) factions. I think they should combine the capabilities of two types of starfighter (though a multi-purpose/bomber would be better than a bomber/scout fighter at bombing) and should be limited in mumber, like special classes. Speaking of the other factions we might want to think about them.

I agree, bot heroes might not be as challenging as human players, but I would like to see them. To give the human heroes somthing to watch out for.

I say customization is the key. Each map should have a default hero/villan, but at the players choice he can easily swap out the heroes, or add more then one, or maybe each side gets a team of three, or none at all. Whatever, Just give players the power to play battles the way they choose, realistic, or completely ridiculous.

The B-wing would be an awsome addition IMO, sort of a multipurpose with a shift towards bombing. Less menuverable then the X-wing, but with more health, and more agile then the Y-wing but not as sturdy. It could be a well balanced ship, although putting a cap on it might be wise.

An additional ship for the imperials to balance it out is fine with me. Although i've never heard of some of these TIE varients. But if it balances the game, then bring it on I say.

Although actually I don't think that all the fleets need to have the exact same amount of ships based on class. They could have their own unique fleets, maybe lacking a certain class but making up for it on other levels. So long as it was all balanced out in the end of course.

And one thing maybe the ships should actually blow up, not just fall apart. You should be able to destroy the death star(blow it up)

I don't know yet if their was a mission for the death star, because I never got that far yet.

Hopefully if their is a SWB3 then I hope it will be way better then the first and second one.

Offtopic: I saw on a site with star wars episode 7,8, and 9. With all of the opening credits(just words telling what will be in it.), and I hope it is true.

I knew that most of it is BS but you never know if their will be more star wars movies. At least we can still hope for more.

George Lucas himself has said that there will be no more.

The movies are all about Anakin, and if he's dead, how can they make more movies about him?

Well that sucks that he said that. The rest of them could be about Luke bringing back the New Republic and the Jedi. But I think we should get back on topic now.

And 1 thing that they should take off is weapon over heat, I really hated that. The Super Battle Droids weren't that good with that on. And the Bodyguard Droids should of had Electrostaffs as well, not just those missles.

Well that sucks that he said that. The rest of them could be about Luke bringing back the New Republic and the Jedi.

No, it doesn't suck. The movies are about the rise, fall, and return of the Chosen One, and since well, the Chosen One is DEAD, it's kind of hard to make movies about him.

Off Topic: Technically Anakin wasn't the chosen one. The chosen one was suppose to destroy the sith not join them. But again technically Anakin did destroy the sith by killing the emperor....hmmmmmm theres a big deabate about this anyways back on topic....

I would like to see bigger maps. I like the idea of having command posts further away so when you loose one it actually afects you. I aslo like the idea of maybe for example. Being a clone on Geonosis you start in the arena and you have to get a transport to the main battle at first and you can't spawn on the main battlefield until a certain command post has been captured. But yeah certain maps need to be a lot bigger. Geonosis, Hoth, Endor, Kashyyyk. I would also like to see space battles including Endor and the Death Star I. I don't care if it might not work it would be so cool to the do the trench run. I also agree their should be more cruisers and the space battles last for longer. The whole idea of the ships interior being like the Tatine IV is really good. It would be like two levels in one. And the idea of having to get kmore than 180 points is good. Ships i would like to see include: B wing, Tie Defender, Tie Phantom (with a bar like a droidekas with it's shield for invisibility). Heros. Qui Gon Jinn. I can't think of anything else at the moment so yeah.

Archived