Home

PC CD vs DVD

stuartpierce

Well, there are also those people also have some arcane computers who runs on hamster wheels... should we start selling the game in floppy versions now? :3

I am unfortunate enough to get the game in CD version, it annoyed me as there is no no-cd patch for it and cd version takes multiple boots to run the game successfully cause of the securom feature by that stupid securom company (where each and every member should be hanged by their own nasal hair for making such a stupid and dysfunctional so-called security module)

Yeah, the mistrust on customer thing sucks... Well there is the CD Key already to stop people from whoring out online play. CD Protection is proven to be ineffective, since those hack images are everywhere now already. Then why make things annoying for the honest customers?

I mean, I am actually looking for no-CD solution cause the protection annoys me, and I have having to change my CDs around for different games. It actually causes me to play BF2 LESS rather than more... I can play BF1 with no-CD, and while I prefer BF2 as a game, BF1 is less of a hassle cause of the no-CD patch. If Unreal can figure out the negative effects of cd-checks (esp securom) LA should definitely think about it.

Buy the DVD version, at least its less of a pain when the test comes up (higher success rate in general)

I got the DVD version... works fine. I like not messing with multiple discs. Ever multi-disc game should be on DVD, IMO. Who still doesn't have a DVD drive?

What bothered me, though, is that the DVD version came as 1 DVD in a 4 disc box.

lmao, that would have scared me so bad, I probably would have taken it back

as for DVD drives, when I built my comp, i decided that if i wanted a DVD, i'd go use a DVD player on the HDTV, lol maybe i'm just too lazy to buy a simple 30-80$ DVD drive and install it, i think i'd rather spend the money on my next mobo upgrade or something

Archived