Home

The world of Malgor - OOC setup

Okay, I know this is once again a medieval roleplay I'm planning, but please stick with me. I've never been good at making Star Wars roleplays that actally work. Now, I need ideas on this, as I'm also planning somesort of a story based on this world I'm creating here.

The map

Then the plot. I've been thinking one of the next:

A) Quest to seek a relic of some sort (1 vote)

B) Rebellion against opressive nation (1 vote)

The races:

- Human

-Halfling

-Barbarian

- Elf

-Dark elf

-Moon elf

-Forest elf

-Grey elf

-High elf

-Half-elf

- Dwarf

- Orc

-Goblin

- Troll

-Cavetroll

-Darktroll(Known as Olog-Hai in LotR but this is a different world, so the name won't be known here)

- Centaur

- Shapeshifter

The main-races have are written in bold

Other races and 'sub-races' are very welcomed to the list

Classes:

- Warrior

- Knight

- Paladin

- Priest

- Mage

- Healer

- Wanderer

- Village elder

- Assassin

More of these are welcomed also

The Kingdoms:

Walgaen

A kingdom made half of islands. The best seamen and pirates come from here and their navy is superior to any. Their mountains also contain mostly gold so their cities are usually made of pure golf and the people there are extremely rich

Helvo

The kingdom of green. Their homes are up in trees and their skills lie in archery. Most of the kingdom's population are elves and especially forest elves because of the lush forests of the area

Magitas

The land of the educated, this kingdom's ruler is a council of the wisest of all. If you need information or magical powers, this is the place where you should head for. The borders of this nation are sealed by magic from incoming attacks, but the amulet of Belgaer can break the magic wall easily

Carmael

A very militaristic Kingdom, it is ruled by a ruthless dictator that is not even of

royal blood. That is why a rebellion is slowly brewing inside this dark empire, which is pretty much immune to other kingdoms because of it's great morale of troops and the quality and quantity of them

Megilenta

Megilenta is basically the poor kingdom, very weak in military strenght and even otherwise poor. The other kingdoms, however, don't want this land for their own, just because it is what it is. All the worst kind of criminals are here and the government is full of corrupt bureucrats, just begging to be bought

Anything I've missed? Post any ideas that should be added

UPDATES!

26. December - Started thread

26. December - Added Orc- and Troll-races

26. December - Added map

26. December - Added Centaur into races

26. December - Added Shapeshifter into races

26. December - Narrowed the plot ideas from three to two

26. December - Added the Kingdom descriptions

There are lots of elves. Humans are much more 'packed' into one tight group that only Barbarians and Halflings can be concidered to be subraces of the humans. As of Dwarves, I think they just divide into clans and at least I've never heard of another race that has been evolved from dwarves.

But indeed, I need more mainraces. I should include evil ones like orcs and goblins and such into it, probably.

Then there's the kingdoms which I need to define as seperate in political terms and such

Reminds me a lot of World of Warcraft. Yes, yes....I'm back after a long time of no replies. I've been playing too much of World of Warcraft. :lol: Are there going to be two sides depending on the race you pick or everyone with each other?

I say the plot should be getting a specific relic of some sort or we gotta kill a specific person, that will be cool too.

Neo...? Neo? NEO!? Ohmygodohmygodohmygod

You're back! Yay! :emodanc:

Now we only need Hiroki(I think she is nowadays Princess Lyla, but I could be wrong) and Mandy back and this might turn into a good-ole'-days-RP

Of course it does resemble WoW. All fantasy games and roleplays resemble each others because they practically have everything alike.

It depends on the people that are roleplaying if there will be two groups/Sides or only one. Of course there will be two sides if we got with the war or the rebellion, but it won't be defined by race

A) has one vote

B) has one vote

http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=104972

This is Hiroki... and he's been offline for half a year, so I'm thinkin' you'd be wrong about that being Princess Lyla ;)

As for the thread, I'll join no matter what the plot ends up being... but I'm thinking my character will be a shapeshifter (just 'cause) assassin (who better for an assassin than a shapeshifter? :p )

There's one vote for each plot suggestion. How about we combine the two?

For an example:

The rebellion needs and artifact to convince some sort of a warrior-guild or something into joining them and not the kingdom's army and so sends out a couple of their group to the quest for the artifact and on the way the group grows in number and gets info of another group sent out by the kingdom to catch or kill the rebel group before they can get to the artifact and then go snatch the artifact themselves

How does that sound?

The IC thread is out there, I have officially started the RP and some of the people here have not joined. Time difference, of course, but I saw JM around an hour ago or so and he didn't join(Shame on you!), and I'll be poking you against the wall until you who have promised actually do the decent thing and join the RP.

pI-I34r my poking stick

<.<

>.>

pI-I34r it damnit...

I don't... i wouldn't even think of getting a game that had monthly fees. I'd rather get a game like Guild Wars. It costs a bit more, but at least I don't have to pay every month just so I can play.

By the way, Neo, I just now noticed your character's name. I would really appreciate of you changing it into something else. It's not very usual for someone to be named NeoVenom. Especially an elf. You can have it as a nickname, tho'

Archived