Home

PC Version Patch?

Naso

Hi, I just got the pc version and haven't been able to find anything about a patch for the pc version, only the downloadable expansion which is only for xbox? Does anyone know if there will be one at some point? I really like the game but it's just too fast to really be able to control. The standard trooper runs almost as fast as an alien in the original avp, which is the fastest fps I've ever seen, and if you go to 3rd person view, it kinda looks like you've got the fast-forward button down.

There will be a PC patch and modding tools, but they have yet to be released. In theory, it will be released early January 2006... The more you play it, the better you should become with the game speed. The 501st campain is very fast. Play on some large instant action maps (Hoth) to get used to the speed. SWBF is slower than SWBF2.

I can do ok with the speed, (played alien all the time in avp), it's just that it makes a lot of it feel really random and accentuates lag-warping, like the net-code can't keep up. It feels like it's just fast enough that it's hard to have any sort of strategy or develop skill, like Battlefield 2 or something.

Archived