Home

Strategy: Hero's vs Villian's on Mos Eisley

Reclaimer

I'm usually pretty "lame" when it comes to my picks... I go with Aayla Secura for the Heroes or Darth Maul for the Villains. When I don't feel like toting a glowstick I always go with Han. I usually set up on a rooftop somewhere and start picking off bad guys with the DL-44. I also always drop a detpack at my feet, so if somebody tries to jump into me I jump off the roof and set off the pack. I've done fairly decently with that strategy.

heh heh. in the shipyard works well, near the rear entrance by the turrets. Also, i like to use aayla (commoners choice!). she is so good though. And leia's pistol overheats after 3 shots. now thats cr*p.

• 2 weeks later...
heh heh. in the shipyard works well, near the rear entrance by the turrets.

It is a nice spot, but be careful online as a lot of the villians have taken it on themselves to charge the hanger with the sole purpose of taking out the ammo droids.

personally i take either maul (if i'm using villains) or aayla and climb to the top wall of the ship yard and wait until theres a fair few people below jump as high as is possible then wreak mass choas on those below in a downward spiral of death...........sweet!:D

oh yeah and I agree leia sucks big time i think you're at a disadvantage without the force

• 2 months later...

hey verbatin:waive1:

just to give you a handy tip, when you look at the posts in threads, look at the dates. see on this one, the one before yours was over two months ago. that means it's a dead post, and when people necro threads, they are frowned upon and scorned. like naughty, naughty people. yeah, so, have fun if you decide to stay, but just remember that :xp:

I really don't see the need for you to scorn and frown upon Verbatin just for posting in a thread that is... Two months old? TWO MONTHS OLD!? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, VERBATIN. jk jk jk. Welcome verbatin. Seriously. You can hardly post in the RC section without bumping a thread six months old, lol.

[ontopic]Maul is quite good. I like his saber throw because his saber is so big, lol. It can clear rather wide hallways.

• 2 months later...

who cares if the thread is dead, it's for strategy so that any new player can get some help

I find the use of Force dishonorable, and frankly TOO easy. Of course you can kill someone by slashing them to peices after making them kiss your feet from their back or stomach. However, fighting without Force can be difficult, and you will prolly die a lot. Take it slow, face your enemy using your block, and when close enough, let off the block and cut your enemy down. And when fighting a choker, stay in the air and wait for them to come to you.

I prefer Mace because he has a combo that is powerful without being cheap, I just hate his airial. I prefer Maul when I fight against the Force because he can take on multiple enemies with great ease. If I was fighting people like me though, who don't use the Force, I Anikin is less powerful without sucking, which I like.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

(pulls out his resurrection force power and applies it to this thread)

So...I can't seem to beat the AI in singleplayer and am looking for advice.

I started off trying several different Villains and did mediocre. I slightly improved my performance (30 kills, 18 deaths), but still found the rest of my AI team getting slaughtered and always getting the DEFEAT message.

I switched to Darth Maul (my fave guy anyway) and had a killing spree like no other. I got like 45 kills and 15 deaths (3 to 1 ratio) and we STILL got the big red DEFEAT. Looking at the post match summary, the Hero side was quite balanced in kills to deaths while the Villain side was very skewed towards few kills and lots of deaths.

Is there a strategy here that I am missing?

Thanks.

* SithSpeeder * (who's son got this game for our PS2 for Christmas :twogun: )

If your goal is to win the battle, then the best thing to do is capture as many command posts as you can.

OK, tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in the Assault Mode where the idea is strictly to rack up kill counts faster than the other team--you can't "capture" command posts like normally (i.e., hanging out near them for as long as it takes to change the color).

After the big red DEFEAT, the postmatch summary still shows most of the Jedi with double digit kills while the Sith have single digit kills. Are the Jedi characters simply stronger in general (at least as played by the AI)?

Does anyone have any strategies to either improve the kills of the Sith and/or reduce their deaths/defeats?

* SithSpeeder *

Tried Villain side a few more times, always the big red DEFEAT. My K/D ratio was typically 30-40/15 while the rest of my team was like 10/10. The Heroes always had 18/10

Switching to the Heroes side (Aayla Secura), I had a 55/10 ratio and we won with EASE (first victory ever for me on that map).

* SithSpeeder *

• 2 weeks later...

I have three base stratergies for Assault.

As Aayla: Run and jump across the rooftops, seeking out lone enemies that you can kill quickly and then run off to regenerate force powers or heal. I've seen people use force push\pull but to be honest I never really use it.

As Leia: Find your fave hero and get them to join you (I play offline) so you're covered. When you see the enemy use invulnerbility and then snipe away.

As Han: Select detpacks and if the enemy blocks toss one, then detonate it when they walk over it. Especially useful in tight allyways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As Maul, 55 kills, 14 deaths, still the big red DEFEAT.

I guess I'll try blocking better and see if I can bring my deaths down a bit.

This is playing PS2, singleplayer, Villains...just can't win.

If you can do it, please explain how.

* SithSpeeder *

• 2 months later...

VICTORY! (Finally, sheesh!) :twogun::maul5::mauls:

As Maul, 79 kills, 14 deaths. That is the FIRST time I have ever gotten the Villains to win. We were down at 171 while the good guys were at 177 and somehow we managed to pull it out (I got 6 kills with my last guy when the blue VICTORY came up).

Note the previous game I had 85 kills and 17 deaths (5 to 1 ratio) and we still lost.

I am now a believer.

* SithSpeeder *

Archived