Home

The world of Malgor - IC thread

Tani's green eyes glittered, for a moment changing to blue before going back to green. "I imagine I'd have a hard time of it... Reaper," she answered, just as quietly. She knew that, so long as they were in the tavern, neither of them would dare attack the other.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"How much is the price on my head nowadays? Over 3000 gold pieces?" he asked and finished his drink before he turned to see her again. He felt that he had hit a nerve. He gave a slight smile, the candlelight again showing his face to the people around them. It was of no particular difference to him if the people in the tavern saw him or not. He would stay for a day more and then be off, and he would tighten his schedule if needed to

"4000 already? They've started spending" he mumbled and looked around quickly. "We better take this behind closed doors. We don't want the whole town talking about your identty, now do we?" he asked and stood up. He took his key from one of his belt bags and headed for the stairway that led up to the tavern's rentable rooms. He only hoped that she would trust him enought to follow him into a more private place. The first time he looked behind himself was when he got to his door, unlocked it and then opened it. He walked inside and drew his daggers out, placing them onto the round table in the middle of the room. His saber joined the weapons shortly after

He closed the door after her and looked at her natural appearance. He drew his hood back and the unattatched the cape from his leather armour. He took the cape and threw it onto the table with his weapons. The moonlight was the only source of light in the room and you could see Reaper's hair glowing slightly. He opened the ponytail and the purely white hair flowed all the way to his shoulders.

"I am called Alzibar" he finally said and walked to the wndow to look at the guards rushig past the tavern and towards the fort near the center of the town. He then turned back ot her. "How much did I cost you, then?"

"The monetary value was 1000 gold pieces," Tarika answered. "But there is the humiliation of failure, both for me and for my second skin, Tani. To be forced to admit she was following the wrong assassin... now forced to stay here, pretending to be sniffing out the trail of the Shapeshifter she follows." She shook her head. "It puts me behind schedule. I'll have to work twice as fast now to catch up."

He let out a short laught. "You should've worked twice as fast in the past. You were two hours late. Cowards kill their pray when it's asleep. I personally like prey that can fight back but are too scared to do so" he said and walked a few meters from the window. "My skin colour and natural swiftness and speed of movements make it easy to scare them to death in the dark, but what fun would that be..." he added before he sat down next to the table.

"The commander was a set back, but a professional assassin and a professional assassin hunter should know that when an assassin is beaten to the punch, the beaten assassin will usually go for a higher-paying target next"

Tarika grinned. "You're smart. I like smart people." She looked out the window briefly. "Only one problem. Tani would be concerned at the fact that two of the best assassins are working at such short distances. Assassins aren't often seen attacking this close. Based on her past behavior, she'd still stay for at least two days."

She shrugged. "It would be bad to change her behavior now."

He smiled at her compliment, then looked at the roof, thinking. It was a while before he again looked at her and spoke. "Tani can always get a message from a nearby town of her little assassin's business there. Nobody here could confirm that there has or hasn't been an assassination in the other town" he said and smiled, taking his other dagger, the one that had slit the commander's throath open like butter, and took a rag from one of his belt bags. He wiped the blade clean, then started to rub the already dried blood off of it until it shone silver like it should.

"You see this? This has opened many throaths in the last 300 years. I take my catches personally. I remember each and every one of my assassinations and the names and ages of the targets. The first blood this encountered was of Commander Jack Bergman, the ancestor of tonight's victim. Like their title of commander, the name that has killed them has been passed on in their family. I killed the commander's father, grandfather, grandfather's father and so on" he said and hit the knife onto the table, the blade down and so sunk the dagger deep into the wooden table

"You keep it well sharpened, I see," Tarika chuckled. "But as for Tani, it wouldn't matter where she got the news from... she suspects her assassin to be near here, but that assassin won't strike for at least two days... not after there's already been an assassin here."

She shrugged. "I suppose I don't mind the delay as much as I mind the stolen target." Then, she smiled. "But I suppose if the Shapeshifter assassin had taken the life of this Commander Bergman, she would have stolen the target of the Reaper."

Another shrug. "Perhaps it was for the best you got there before I did. We'd have been doing more than conversing in this room otherwise, I think."

"And it would probably be in your room instead of mine" he said and rose up from the chair. He walked to the window and looekd down at another patrol. "They've increased patrols. It would be tricky to do another job tonight..." he mumbled to hiself, then turned to her and smiled. "May I buy you a drink?" he asked with a smile as he waked back to the table, taking the daggers and placing them into their little sheats on the sides of his belt before drawing his cape back on and attatching it onto his armor again

He tilted his head a bit before he opened the door and let her pass into the hallway.

While this conversation had taken place, two strangers, the other wearing blue robes and the other a light armor made of iron and a yellow cross on the chest, had walked into the tavern. The other was human of normal height, the other an elf, a head taller than the human. The two had taken a cornr table and the human was smoking a pipe as the elf was scribbling something down on a scroll. The two spoke in a foreign tongue, probably one spoken in the woodlands of far north

((yeah, My centaur did walk into that same tavern.))

"We don't want your kind here! Horseman!" Said a drunk patron. Without a word Ban swiftly walked over to him and picked him up with one muscly arm.

"I do not tolerate racism." Then he put him down and went to the bar and lay down so he was almost eye level with the bartender.

"Whiskey." The whole bar was completely silent.

Tani's eyes fell briefly on the elf and the man in the corner. Though her face appeared disinterested, she kept her sharp ears open, trying to catch any words she could. It was a language she knew only a little of and they were speaking softly, so she could not understand what they were speaking of.

(Out of Character: I changed my previous post, wildjedi. :D )

NeoVenom took his eyes off the two people he was watching when the bartender started talking to him. The bartender told NeoVenom all about how the commander was murdered and some assassin left his mark, how the assassin's name was "Reaper". Even though NeoVenom disliked the way Carmael was run, he believed no one deserved death but instead should be prosecuted by justice. After thanking the bartender for the information, NeoVenom got to his feet. He looked around once more and noticed the two people he was watching earlier were at the bottom of the steps that lead upstairs. Maybe he should have a talk with them, maybe he should just wait until he has more information. After a slight pause at where he stood, NeoVenom made his way to the door of the cavern. He heard elven being spoken at a corner and tried to listen.

The two men in the corner looked around carefully before noticing Ban's exit.

"The centaur is making too much noise"

"Let him be, will you? We're not here to babysit other rebels. We're here to get some supplies before we continue our journey"

"I still don't like rebels lie that. He can mess this whole thing up"

"Trust me on this one" the mage said and the conversation ended there. The mage turned the scroll around for the paladin to read. The paladin looked at what had been written and drawed onto the scroll and then sighed, leaning back on his chair.

"So... Now we need an assassin to take care of the general in Karleqe so we can get a clear route all the way to the Ice mountains..." the paladin said and sighed again

"Yup" answered the mage and leaned back in his chair.

Reaper had nudged his hood back on as he had walked down the stairs and his hair was drawn back, but not into a ponytail this time. He walked with Tani over to the bartender and leaned onto the desk. "Give me an ale and give the lady..." he said but stopped, looking at Tani, expecting her to order something

Archived