Home

The world of Malgor - IC thread

Meanwhile the man looked around, and headed for the bar. He ordered a drink while he waited.

------

Once he was sure no one was following, Lio hid in an alley. He checked his newly acquired goods.

The gems were valuable, though not overly so, he pocketed them. Then he checked the scroll. He shook his head and laughed. Some nonesense about the famous amulet. Seems liket he guy he was trailing had been taken in by that legend. At least he'd be able to sell it to someone who truly believed the legend.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You have good connections, I see" he said and smiled. "I'm glad that someone of your talent will continue our shadowed profession" he said and turned to see the bartender again. "I just hope there would be more of your talent than there is currently"

---

The paladin rose up and looked at the two assassins with curiosity, even thougth he only guessed their profession. The mage looked as the paladin walked over to the two and sat down on the stool next to Reaper. "You wouldn't know where might I find some professional assassins to do a well-paying job for me"

"Yes, meaning more than one"the paladin said and looked still forwards, at the wall behind the bartender. He knew well how the general would be guarded, and two assassins was the minimum of what would be needed.

Reaper looked at the paladin, then at Tani. He placed his finger under his eye and tapped twice to note her of her eye colour change. He then turned back to the paladin, drawing his hand from his face and to grab the tankard of ale infront of him. "I might now someone very interested. How much?"

The paladin grinned and turned to see Reaper. "2000 to each assassin and all expenses covered"

"Do you know where might I find this assassin?" the paladin asked, turning to see the two now for the first time. Reaper stayed silence and leaned bac slightly on his stool and took a sip of his ale, giving Tani an almost unnoticable nod to courage her into it. This way, Tani could also get some hints of where her hunted assassin might go next

"I thought she was nearby," she said. "It turned out to be Reaper. I'm a little disoriented now, but I imagine I'll be on her trail again in the next couple of days. I'm not optimistic, but she might pop up somewhere else within the next couple of days."

Reaper shook his head slightly. 'What a stubborn girl...' he thought and took another sip of his ale. He then turned to the paladin and placed the ale onto the counter again. "And might I enquire who my assassin shuld contact?" he asked and the paladin gave a wide smile and looked at Reaper.

"I am Eduardo Garcias, captain of the rebel army of Carmael" he said roudly and the mage gave him a dirty look for saying it so loudly. "I shall stay on room 203 for this night with my friend. We leave at sunrise, so tell your 'friend' to hurry" he finished

Tani turned back to the bar and took a sip from her drink. Just beneath the skin, Tarika was very unhappy. She knew she wanted the job, but she'd be forced to go against her previously established methods. Was it worth it? She nodded thoughtfully. Yes, she thought it was. The Shapeshifter Assassin would visit the captain of the rebel army just before sunrise.

Tani nodded slowly. "It's not in the normal way of things for the Shapeshifter Assassin to strike so near to a failed job... but it's worth it." She turned to the bartender. "I take it you heard all of that." He nodded. "Spread the word as far and as fast as you can. She'll take it for sure."

"You want her to take it, Tani?" the bartender asked, surprised. Tani nodded.

"Yes," she answered. "If she takes it, I'll know exactly where she's going to be next. I can get there ahead of her."

The bartender snapped his fingers and a young boy came to him. After a short, whispered conversation, the boy ran out the door and the bartender turned back to Tani. "The word will be all over town that the captain wants to have a chat with the Shapeshifter Assassin. That boy's fast. Word will be spread within the hour."

Tani nodded her approval and smiled. "Thank you Gershon." The bartender bowed. "Always a pleasure to help an assassin hunter."

Reaper chuckled and looked at Tani. "Nice one, shapeshifter" he whispered and gulped down the rest of his ale. "I still have a job tonight. I could as well see you tomorrow before sunrise" he said and stood up. Then he did something that probably nobody was expecting and what he would regret later on. He kissed her on the cheek, not even an inch away form her lis, and walked away. When he got outside, even his eyes showed his suden confusion. 'Where the hell did that come from?' he asked in his mind, but would need to forget it for now. He vanished into an alleyway and soon a shadow was once again jumping from roof to roof.

The paladin had watched this happen and was very interested of these two assassins. Especially of what the Tani would do after Alzibar would be gone. Oh how much he wanted somekid of a drama, even thought he had the hunch that they would do the drama quite quietly... assassins do everything quietly, and that bugged him about them the most

The mage was now also observing, which was terribly odd from him. He usually never was to peek at other people, but the paladin had gotten his interest this time. The paladin turned to his elven firend and smiled. "I wonder how they will work together if it already looks like this" he noted and the elven mage nodded. "But they both are better than most assassins. They are perfect for the job" the mage said back swiftly.

Reaper looked up at a balcony, a couple of stories above the main entrance of the fort. Ten guards walked around the fort walls, all on standby. The assassin looked around and backed off back into the shadows. It would be too risky to do this now. Especially without the proper gear that he wouldn't get until the next day when the merchants were in town. It would seem he would need to skip this catch

"I can't get in with all those guards around, and I've promised to myself not to kill anyone else than my target" he said and looked at her quickly. He took his bow out, which he had snagged with him from his room. Reaper shook his head and turned to see her completely. "There's no other way in" he said with a sigh and looked back at the fort. He was extremely discouraged of the exta guards right now. This town had really grown big. It even had a proper town guard nowadays

Tarika stared up at the men thoughtfully before shifting to the form of a man in a similar uniform. "I can get you in... if we can find a horse or something for me to ride. You'd be considered a prisoner until we got in, but I'm confident it's doable."

He stood up and looked at her. "I'd rather miss this target before a whole damn fort seeing me as a prisoner" he said and pointed at the fort. "I will never be seen when I'm on a job, except for the target and even he is going to die seconds after seeing me. Just... No" he said and walked past her, placing the bow back onto his back

Tarika shifted back to her natural appearance and chuckled, turning to follow him. "Well then there's only one other option for you. If I go in there and distract the guards enough, it should give you enough time to get in and get out." She shrugged. "Just trying to be helpful... you seemed bothered that you'd have to miss this kill."

Archived