Home

Campaign for PC: Kashyyk Land Mission

Ryjah

Having problems after defending the oil refinery. I can get past that, and take one or two beachhead CP's, but the remaining two CP's are hard to take with all the droids and the vehicles.

Any advice? I've been able to take the closest one by using the clone vehicle and blasting in there, but I can't hold it once a spider and another droid tank show up.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Force running as Yoda toward the farmost CP's and taking them first? I usually get the one to the side of the beach first, using rocks as cover, then the farthest, where the droids originally spawn. Usually all the droid vehicles immediatly leave for the beach, completely ignoring you, although if you attract their attention you might have to deal with it.

Once these two posts are taken the droid's shouldn't have any more vehicles spawning, and your wookiee allies will help you deal with any droids who spawn at the beach CP's, so capturing them shouldn't be much of a problem.

In my experiance the first two CP's you take are always easier, because the droids are more spread out, but as you take more and more they all spawn from a single post, making it harder to capture. The farthest posts should be taken first, as they spawn the most vehicles and are harder to get to, the ones on the beach however are quite close together, and your team is usually closer by to help you take them.

Thanks for the response. I completed the mission yesterday by using Yoda to do just as you described. I've found that by being very aggressive, it gives the droids less time to react and keeps their vehicles out of the battle.

• 4 weeks later...

that's actully one of the worst things you can do to save the oil refinery what you wanna do is repaair the GAATE WINCh if you're inside and facing the sea wall it's next to the door on the left even if they manage to break it just repair it again and beat off the infantry with your shotgun

I find that once they have breached the sea wall the best strategy is to stay on the wall as a heavy weapons guy, then fire rockets straight to the tank's weak points while their concentrating fire on the refinery. If your ammo runs out jump into a tank for the remainder of the time.

I know repairing it as an engineer seems like a good idea, but really you'll just draw fire from standing there and are almost helpless vs. vehicles.

Be an engineer and jump into the tank. Fire out through the doorways and kill any CIS units attempting to get inside. If one or two get inside and go for the oil refinery, don't turn around to kill them, let you friendly wookies do it. Turning around would only let more units inside. If the gate falls, drive up to it, jump out of the tank and repair it. Keeping the gate up will force all the CIS units to come through the two small doorways, which are easy to attack. If the gate falls, enemy tanks will come in, destroy them at all costs. Ingore any units attacking the oil refinery (unless its a tank or rocket launcher) and let the wookies defend it. Keep the CIS bottlenecked at the doorwars.

Well, troopers do minimal damage to the oil tank, unless its the missiles or magnas. If you see those kindly hop out and shotgun his head, then hop back in.

Other than that, between your tanking skills and the trooper with laser cannon on top, you should do a nice job.

Oh, keep the vehicle after the mission for recapturing the cp. If you leave the building after this mission session the gate will self repair, and you can't take the tank out for cp capturing.

Archived