Home

The Ultimate Kreia Mod

Master Kavar

In homeage to Kreia winning GameSpy's Best Videogame Character of 2005, I would like to suggest a mod which would give Kreia a little bit more interaction and replay value.

Kreia is extremly limited in what armor she can wear (being that she can only equip the regular 20 or so robes) and her appearance never changes, which can make her boring to take around. So I propose she should be given a new appearance for every robe you can equip on her, like the way AVol did for the armored robes on his Bastila Mod . For example, color her cloak and robes brown and white to match a Jedi Knight robe when shes equipping one, and change them black when she's wearing a Dark Jedi Knight robe. Maybe even a skin that would place the Peragus mining uniform under her cloak.

It just makes sense and would make using her in the party a lot more fun. So any takers out there?

^^^ DONE! Grab it here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=162248

I'd have to agree, this does sound like a kewl mod...

I can't and won't promise you I'll do it.. but you've sparked my interest ;)

If you have any ideas about what you had in mind, feel free to post them. Color preferences for robe types, etc.

Keep it realistic however. Little to no body mesh (model) editing preferred.. texture replacements only highly preferred...

Also, just because I'm "debating" it doesn't mean anyone else interested in doing it should stop... like I said, I can't promise I have the time to do it, but I *am* interested. If there are others interested as well, by all means go for it! :D

Great idea Master Kavar I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned before... or if it has, then my apologies for not seeing it sooner.. hmmm... now to find some time to work on this ;)

Jedi Robes: something white-ish or beige-ish

Sith Robes: Black.. i guess

- Dream Evil :vamp1:

Good for starters, but I'm assuming Master Kavar was wanting a different skin for each robe (since Kreia can wear most of them Alignment allowing ;) ).

If I'm mistaken and you (Master Kavar) were only wanting 2 different skins, let us know :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence ChAiNz.2da, and don't worry I understand if you don't have the time to do it...

[Force Persuade] This is the project you're looking for...

To expand a bit more on my idea, I'm only talking about texture replacement as you said, not any mesh editing. I have some idea how difficult Kreia would be to work with, since she's basically just one giant skin or something.

Kreia can equip a total of 16 of the games 25 Jedi robes (due to certain alignment and character restrictions), and the Peragus mining uniform since it's just armored clothing. Each skin for the 16 robes would be simply coloring in Kreia's default appearance with the colors of the robes she's currently equipping. In the case of the Knight to Master Robes, the brown/black squares under the cloak could be just colored directly onto her to show the difference.

This is a complete list of what Kreia can equip:

• Peragus Minning Uniform (uniform goes under the cloak)
  • Padawan Robe
  • Jedi Robe
  • Jedi Knight Robe
  • Jedi Master Robe
  • Dark Padawan Robe
  • Dark Jedi Robe
  • Dark Jedi Knight Robe
  • Dark Jedi Master Robe
  • Grey Jedi Robe
  • Baran do Novice Robe
  • Baran do Sage Robe
  • Norris Robe
  • Ossus Keeper Robe
  • Matukai Apprentice Robe
  • Matukai Adept Robe
  • Jolee's Robe

If not ChAiNz.2da, I hope one of you will have the time and inclination to give it a try. If this one works as well as I hope, it might not be a bad idea to try it on Visas too! But I won't get ahead of myself here...:smash:

OK, I've decided I'm going to work on this over the weekend.. depending on how my progress goes.. I should be able to give you a clear cut answer as to whether I'll be able to "take the job" as they say ;)

So far outlook looks pretty good. There's not alot of working room for Kreia's Robes.. the underlying shirt/tabbards have very little real-estate on the .tga itself... but I've worked with worse .. hehehe

Preliminary thoughts though are I think I may be able to manage this, though it may take a week or two (or three.. hehehe) to complete the entire mod. I'll let everyone know how it goes.. and shift it to my WIP if I think I can work on this mod throughout the entirety :)

*- On a sidenote, I haven't forgotten about the project I'm working on for you TheOssusKeeper (if you're still out there ;) ) It's still in the lineup too :D

[success!]

Thanks! I really appreciate your time and effort, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed this weekend.

Time is not really a factor for me, considering you'd be doing it for fun and not as a commision ^^; I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product though. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for updates.

Just as a fair warning (before I get too involved in this.. hehehe).. because Kreia is a single body mod, and she doesn't use the standard robes/armor models, she would be "headless" if I changed her appearance.2da settings to use regular models. Kreia's robes/body is unique in that no matter what she wears, it uses the same model...clothing, robes, you name it.

The armors/robes in the game use seperate models for each AC class (attuned to models with seperate heads), and the .utc's call upon that particular model. It's probably why this mod hasn't been attempted thus far ;)

I'll have to "workaround" a way to get her appearance to match the robe she dons. Meaning, her appearance won't "automatically" change when she puts a robe on. Currently, there's just no way I can think of making it do this (automatically). Though I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows a way ;)

What I'll have to do is either A) initiate the appearance change through dialogue or B) make an item similar to my HakPad where you'll need to activate it then set her appearance appropriately.

Currently, I'm leaning towards "B". This would tend to not clash with other mods that may currently (or in the future) use her dialogue.

I will probably use a "disguise" feature rather than creating in-game unique Kreia-Specific Robe items. This will avoid having (or hoping) to find a "Kreia Specific" robe in random loot, or having to create a "shop" strictly for Kreia duds :xp:

Just thought I'd let you know beforehand in case it's not something you want. Let me know :)

Ah, I knew there had to be a catch in there. I think I get the idea of why equipping normal robes on her wouldn't automatically change her appearance. It would be nice if someone knew a trick to fix that.

But failing that, what makes the most sense to me would be to create unique, Kreia only robes, even though you didn't seem to keen on the idea. But instead of relying on hoping to find one in random loot, or having to create a tailor that just happens to cater to niche market of elderly ex Jedi Masters and Sith Lords, you could make it so you can only create them at a work bench. Or maybe you could create a dialogue option with Kreia that would allow her to take an existing robe from your inventory, and re-design it into a unique one that only she can equip.

After all, after she's worn a robe, who's going to want it back? There's a reason why nobody will enter her room on the Ebon Hawk, and I suspect it has something to do with a Sith bean dinner.

However since you're the one trying to make it this work, I'll leave the final decision on how to make it work up to you. It doesn't really matter much to me how it works, just so long as it does.

A final thought; I was told that in a scene cut from the final game, Kreia is supposed to push her hood back at the Jedi Academy, and for the rest of the game she keeps it like that. Would it be possible and not too difficult to re-insert that scene? Either seperate or as part of this mod?

Edit: I don't want to make too many requests of you, since you've already generously volunteered your time to this project. However I got inspired looking at a picture of Atris as Darth Traya, and I thought to myself, why is an awesome Sith Lord like Kreia restricted to simple black robes? So as the last part of the mod, could you make a new look for Kreia at the end, using a purple robe and the red Sith symbols along the edges of her robe, like Atris?

But failing that, what makes the most sense to me would be to create unique, Kreia only robes, even though you didn't seem to keen on the idea. But instead of relying on hoping to find one in random loot, or having to create a tailor that just happens to cater to niche market of elderly ex Jedi Masters and Sith Lords, you could make it so you can only create them at a work bench.

This would actually make the "job" MUCH more easy. If that's an option that you don't mind (didn't mention it cuz some people aren't too keen on the idea) then that's the route I'll take.. again, MUCH more easy ;)

Edit: I don't want to make too many requests of you, since you've already generously volunteered your time to this project. However I got inspired looking at a picture of Atris as Darth Traya, and I thought to myself, why is an awesome Sith Lord like Kreia restricted to simple black robes? So as the last part of the mod, could you make a new look for Kreia at the end, using a purple robe and the red Sith symbols along the edges of her robe, like Atris?
Let me see how the first option goes, then I'll get back to you on this one :)

Hey Master Kavar

I didn't get to work on the Kreia mod as much as I would've liked.. but just to ease your mind, I have to decided to work on the mod for sure :D

Might take me a little while, but just wanted to let you know I'm working on it. In the future, if I have any updates, I'll post the progress and such in my WIP thread. Just keep your eyes peeled in the next few days in the main Holowan Laboratories Forum. :)

I'll go ahead and post in my WIP so you can find it. Plus, if you have anything to add or suggestions, please make it in the WIP thread ;)

Sounds like a very kewl idea. Though if I may ask, Chainz, how will you do it? Just curious ;)

I will now post the usual conversation between modders mod-requesters:

Modder: Tricky...

Mod-wanter: But can you do it?

Modder: Yes...I can do it. But I'll have to think about it...

Mod-wanter: Excellent! I'll be back tomorrow!

Modder: As I was saying, I'll have to think about it for seven-and-a-half-million years. Which will give you plenty of time to predict what the final mod will be like.

Edith: Oops, re-read more carefully...my bad.

Also, Chainz, the Traya model has a different face...if you like I can try and reskin w/ Kreia's face ;)

Thanks guys for the input and volunteering :D

This project has moved over to my WIP thread (since I "took the job") ;)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=139367

@Alkonium, yeah, I've done that before but the trick with this mod is we're keeping Kreia's burlap robe model. Because of Kreia's body + head model.. her skin is defined in the model itself.. the reason why she looks the same no matter what you put on her... I've already worked out that snag though.. but I really do appreciate the offer :)

@Darth InSidious, "How will I do it?".. I've got a few different routes I can take, but the latest one I've chosen to try is defined in my WIP thread. With the help of stoffe's handy scripting.. I may be able to pull an appearance switch-aroo when she dons a normal robe, then replacing Kreia's appearance with one of my newly designed ones ;) Follow the WIP for more details :)

^^^ DONE! Grab it here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=162248

Archived