Home

Crash when playing multiplayer JA (infamous CL_ParsePacketEntities error)

existy

See it is a real game, but I'm using GameDrive 9.0 so I don't have to use the disc. That's not the problem though because it worked before. I've had it for about 2 weeks and it just started today.

EDIT: I just tried again, and it didn't crash until I engaged in a saber battle with a bot. However, I had killed 5 bots before. It seems Alora is causing this problem. I'm going to check it out.

EDIT2: Turns out Alora wasn't the problem, but now I'm going to try a different map. I've been using Taspir on Free-for-All. I'm going to try a variety of things including different maps, different gamemodes, and custom maps.

use alcohol 120% to make an image of your JK Disc 1, and then use Daemon Tools (free) to mount the image.

there are two main things that cause that error. one is a non valid .exe, and two is packet transfer error due to some kind of driver error in your ethernet card. so if you're sure you have an original .exe, then perhaps you might want to try updating some drivers for your computer. or rolling back some you may have recently installed.

When I got that error, it was on my computer running with the cd in the drive.

I was using gamedrive on my wife's computer, and hers never gave the error.

We were just playing on a LAN. I went and bought her a copy, and still get the error.

Everyone here usually just gives the "you must have stolen it, asshole" answer to someone asking why it happens.

I bought it, twice, and it happens still.

The driver error is the only helpful answer I've seen, but updating my nic drivers didn't help. (tried that, too)

Everyone here usually just gives the "you must have stolen it, asshole" answer to someone asking why it happens.

Only because they usually have. We've known since the game came out that it can happen with a legit version, but more often than not that's not why people come on here. I've seen people in here actually saying they downloaded it, then asking why the mp isn't working.

I don't mean to come off as elitist, it's just such a common question. There used to be a sticky for it I think. As for the solution to a legitimate problem, if there is one I think its in there but I'm not sure if it was ever sorted.

Oh, and existy hasn't been back in to say if he used the disc instead of GameDrive, and if that worked. So it either worked and he's got to put up with the grief of using the disc to play or... it didn't because he hasn't got one?

You can see why this happens.

B.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived