Home

[Fic] The crystal of life.

Hey guys and gals. This is my first time of ever trying to write a story of any kind. So please go easy on me.

The Crystal of life.

Chapter I

Jor-el Kenobi was fighting for his life! In the midst of a fierce battle against 3 Sith assassins, he was out numbered and out skilled. Having just completed his Padawan training he was not ready for this. *Whoosh* as he ducked a Sith saber slashing for his head. Blocking the Sith’s attacks with his blue lightsaber and backpedaling, Jor-el did not know how he was going to win this battle. “How am I going to get out of this?” He thought.

Jor-el was a Jedi Guardian fighting alongside his fellow Jedi brothers and sisters in a battle to save Dantooine from certain destruction. It had been 1,000 years since the exile had destroyed what was thought to have been the last of the Sith. But recently they had re-appeared out of no where. The Jedi Council was once again all but lost. The Sith had destroyed more than 15 planets in the last Year since they appeared. And every time the battle was quick and decisive. It was clear that the Sith were being led by someone wise and powerful, as neither the Jedi nor the worlds stood any chance at all in the recent attacks. The new Republic that Admiral Carth Onasi, and Jedi Master Bastila Shan had helped to rebuild and led to peace, was now crumbling and on the verge of being eradicated from the universe. All that remained of the Jedi and the republic fleet were here at Dantooine making one final stand against the enemy.

Now backed up against the edge of a cliff, Jor-el was running out of options. He used the force to leap high into the air and on the way over his attackers he managed to lop one of the assassin’s head off. The body went limp and fell to the ground. This only fueled the other two’s anger and rage even more. They started swinging furiously at Jor-el. It was all that he could do, just to hold onto his lightsaber. As every time he blocked an attack the force with which their sabers hit his nearly knocked the weapon out of his hand. Then the worst thing imaginable happened. Jor-el tripped on a small rock that caught the back of his heel. Down to the ground he went with a recurring thud. Just as the Sith were raising their Sabers to deal the final blow of this battle, Jor-el had a premonition from the force. And looking up and stretching out with all his power he froze the controls and changed the direction of a Sith bomber that was flying very low to the ground. Jor-el leaped to his feet and blocked the flashes of red that flew at his head and feet. He then used the force to jump as far away as he could. At that moment the Sith ship came crashing down on his attackers crushing them and exploding into a ball of fire! Then the most intense pain that Jor-el could have ever imagined went shooting through his body, and looking down he saw a red lightsaber sticking through his chest. He slowly faded to black from the shock and fell to the ground.

Suddenly… Jor-el awoke from his sleep. He had been saved in that battle 5 years ago by his master Troas Hormal. Since then he drifted here and there in space. Never could he escape this dream, Jor-el was scarred by the war that had ended in the defeat of the Jedi, and the destruction of the Republic and Dantooine. He was on his ship, the Ethon Star. Not knowing where he was going, and not caring. All he wanted was to so badly escape the things from his past. With no human companionship, and the last remaining Jedi in the galaxy, Jor-el had no reason to live anymore. He was searching, for answers, for meaning and purpose, but all he ever found was emptiness and pain. His only companion was his droid, T-4 632, a little astromech droid.

“Beep booop dreeett.”

"What’s that T-4? The ships sensors are picking up an energy disturbance ahead?"

“Beep beep wooooo.”

"Okay then let’s get to the cockpit and see what we are dealing with."

Ahead lay a ribbon of light so bright that it nearly blinded Jor-el when he looked at it. It was bright blue in the middle, with white and silver lining the edges. It waved back and forth as a flag would in the wind. Beautiful and blinding, Jor-el was entranced by the ribbon of light. Then, without warning! The ribbon moved towards the Ethon star at a blinding speed. Before Jor-el could do anything it enveloped his ship. As he stood there, watching the rays of light come through the walls of his ship, he felt warm, powerful, and a renewed sense of purpose. Then as the rays of light touched him, he fell to the ground unconscious.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter II

Jor-el awoke, bewildered and hungry. Looking around he noticed T-4 beside him. “How long have I been out T-4?”

“Beep beep droot dwoo.”

“28 hours? That’s not possible. You must have made a mistake in your calculations. I am going to go check the ship computer and see for myself.”

He stood to his feet and walked a few steps to his right. Since he had collapsed on the bridge he wasn’t far from the computer. “Sure enough T-4, looks like you were right. I wonder how I could have been out for so long. And what were those rays of light all about?”

“Beep droot beep.”

“No T-4, I don’t think they were a threat to us. Otherwise I don’t think you and I would be having this conversation”

“Beep beep!”

“Yes T-4, I am alright. T-4 check our position, I want to know where we are. Also I don’t see the ribbon anymore, let’s get this ship turned around and see if it is behind us”

“Droot droot, Beep beep dwoo.”

Having turned the ship around Jor-el could not see the ribbon. “T-4 I need you to calculate how far we have drifted since we encountered the ribbon, then plot a reverse course over our traveled path in the last 28 hours. I want to find out what that was. Notify me when we are getting close to our last position.”

“Beep beep.”

Jor-el went to his compartment to meditate on what had happened to him. As he sat down and began, he noticed that he felt renewed, stronger and full of life. In fact he couldn’t remember the last time that he felt so good. After an hour of meditation he decided to rest on his bunk. For his body was aching from being passed out on the metal floor of his ship for so long. As he lay down, he felt at peace, so much at peace that he drifted off into a deep sleep.

“BEEP BEEP!”

The alarming tone of T-4’s communication had startled Jor-el. He sat up so fast that he whacked his head on the bunk above his own. “Ouch!” As he made his way to the bridge where T-4 was, Jor-el had a revelation. He realized that he did not have his nightmare for the first time since he could remember. Every since the war he had not been able to sleep once without recalling the horrible events that marked his soul forever. As he reached the bridge he saw the light ribbon dead ahead. “Stop our engines T-4 let’s hold our position here for awhile. I want to study this thing from a distance. I don’t want to get close enough for it to knock me out again.”

“Droot beep.”

“No T-4 I have never seen anything like it in my life. Use the ships computer to get some readings on it. Let me know what you find out.” T-4 beeped in acknowledgement. As Jor-el stood there studying the ribbon and reaching out with his feelings through the force, he noticed something very familiar coming from within the ribbon itself. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but it beckoned to him. He was drawn to it and once again he began to fall off into a trance. He awoke when he heard…

“Beep beep droot beep!”

“You have the readings T-4? Good. Wait a second this can’t be right. Are you sure these readings are correct?”

“Woooo beep beep.”

“So you are telling me that this ribbon is made out of Midichlorians? I just don’t see how that is possible. Where is it coming from? It stretches as far as my eyes can see.”

“Beep beep.”

“What do you mean it stretches beyond our scanning capabilities? Our scanners can scan an entire quadrant, and then some.”

“Woo.”

“Alright then, if these readings are correct. And I seem to think they are because now I realize that it is the force I am feeling coming from inside the ribbon, then we need to get some fuel and supplies because I want to get to the bottom of this thing. We need to find out where it is originating from and what is causing it.” Jor-el paused, “T-4 what is the nearest planet that has the least Sith military presence on it?”

“Droot dreet.”

“Okay then, Tatooine it is. I’ll set a course we should be there inside of 2 hours.”

Chapter III

Space rippled as the Ethon star exited hyper space. There in front of Jor-el and his loyal droid sat Tattooine. “Sensors show there are no Sith ships in the quadrant T-4. That’s good news for us. I’m going to set us down just outside of Mos Dreeska space port so as not to attract any attention to ourselves.” Jor-el landed the ship in a remote area outside the spaceport. He set the ship down in between two huge rocks. They partially hid the ship from certain angles. He walked to the back of the ship and lowered the loading ramp. Immediately the wind whipped sand into his face. The hot arid air of the planet was nearly suffocating after being in space for the last few months. “You stay here with the ship T-4. If anything happens contact me on my personal communicator. I will be back within 12 hours if all goes well.”

“Droo.” T-4 beeped in reply.

Jor-el set out on his trek through the desert towards the spaceport. He figured it would take about an hour or so to get there on foot, so he paced himself so as not to get dehydrated in the incredulous heat. As he walked his mind wandered and his thoughts focused solely on the ribbon of light. It was consuming his every emotion and very being. The more he thought about it the more he felt just like he had right before it touched him when he was rendered unconscious. Strange how even just the thought of the ribbon seemed to empower him, make him feel alive again. About an hour or so later Jor-el came to Mos Dreeska. It was a beautiful city, teeming with life. The sounds of ships and speeders could be heard overhead was a welcome change from the quietness of space. He entered into the city looking for a cantina so he could quench his thirst. After about 5 minutes of searching he found a small tavern. He was so thirsty it seemed as if it was beckoning for him to come inside. He entered and there behind the bar was a serving droid.

“Greetings sir my name is B3-3O, how may I be of assistance to you?”

“I’ll have some water followed by a shot of Juma juice.”

“As you wish sir, here are your drinks.”

“Excuse me B3-3O, but could you tell me where I might find a food supply shop and perhaps a junkyard where I could get some new power cells for my Hyper-drive?”

“Sir there is a food supply store not more than 200 yards east of here. And the junkyard will be out on the western side of town. It is a very big place you won’t be able to miss it.”

“Thank you.” Jor-el replied.

Having finished his drinks Jor-el left the cantina and headed for the supply shop. As he found the shop and entered he was greeted by a rather large fellow. A man that stood about 7 feet tall and probably weighed 350 pounds. Jor-el guessed he was in his late 30's as there was some gray coming through in the gentleman’s hair.

“Hey there mate, how may I be of service to ya today?”

“I’m looking for supplies, food, water, and a fair deal. I need enough to last me for at least 6 months.” Jor-el replied.

“6 months you say? Are you planning on moving to a different galaxy?” The shopkeeper asked with a joking tone of voice.

“Something like that, can you give me an estimate on the cost? Also I will need a Bantha to load the stuff on. I need to get it all back to my ship by tonight.”

“I would say, around 2,000 credits ought to do it mate. If that’s a fair deal then I will have my droids gather your supplies and load them on to a Bantha.”

Jor-el noticed a young girl peering out at him from the curtain behind the shopkeeper.

“Is that young lady your daughter? She is quite attractive.”

The shopkeeper looked over his shoulder. “That little thing is my slave. I won her in a game of Pazaak a couple of months ago.”

“I see, well I have to stop by the junkyard. I will stop back by in an hour or so for my supplies. Do you think they will be ready to go by then?”

“I think they will be ready to go mate. See you in an hour.”

With that Jor-el exited the shop and headed west in search of the junkyard. He found it after a brisk 20 minute walk. After picking up the necessary parts and power cells that he needed, he departed back to the supply shop.

“Ay mate, your supplies are ready to go.”

“Great here is 2,000 credits. Thanks for everything sir.”

Jor-el took the reigns of the Bantha and began his long walk back to his ship. He got back sooner than he thought he would. But it was now nightfall, so he had to hurry and unload his supplies. 45 minutes later he called out to his droid. “T-4 fire up the engines and get ready to take off. Set a course back to where we encountered the ribbon. I should be done unloading in about 5 minutes.”

“Beep twee boop.” The little droid replied.

10 minutes later there was a mighty blast from the ships engines as the Ethon star blasted away from the planet’s surface. Deep into space now, Jor-el was unsettled. He sensed something, or someone on the ship. “T-4 you have the controls.” He then focused his thoughts and allowed the force to lead him to where the disturbance was coming from. It led him to a compartment in the back of the ship, near the cargo hold. “Hey! What are you doing on my ship? Aren’t you the girl I saw in the supply shop?”

“Please don’t hurt me. I have been a slave of that man’s for 5 months now. I have been waiting for the chance to escape! When I heard you imply that you were going far away, I hid myself under the supply tarp on your Bantha.” The young lady shrank back into the corner. “Please don’t send me back! I can never go back.”

“I have a good mind to turn this ship around right now. Are you even old enough to be making this kind of decision?”

The young lady stood up straight. “I am 18 thank you. And yes I can make this decision. I only ask that I find favor in your sight. Please let me come with you to wherever it is that you are going.”

“Well what about your slaver chip? Won’t it explode or something when he finds out you are gone?”

“No, he never had one implanted into me. He didn’t have the money yet. It was supposed to be done tomorrow. That is why I hid away and came with you. If I had waited until tomorrow then I could have never left.”

Jor-el felt a tugging from the force. As if it was telling him that good would come of this and it would be ok.

“Fine, fine, you can stay. What is your name?”

The young lady bowed to introduce herself. “My name is Linduu Onasi.”

Wow, I like your work RenegadeBore (what's the bore for?)!

What I like is that you have this unique style that makes you feel like you're in a world with KotOR mechanics adn you're controlling Jor-el.

Keep it up, bro!

Why Thank you. That is very encouraging to hear. Because that is how I am trying to write it. Through the eyes of Jor-el. This is my first attempt at a story of any kind, so I am glad that someone likes it :)

The Bore in Renegadebore has no meaning really. Back a few years when I first signed up for xbox live, all the names I wanted for a GT were taken. So I just found a random one that I liked. This one seemed okay to me. So Since then RenegadeBore has been my GT and also my username for like everything.

Well here it is. I hope you all enjoy :) I am having a blast writing this!

Chapter IV

“Linduu Onasi? As in Onasi? Like, Carth Onasi?”

“Yes I am related to Carth. As far as I know I am the last Onasi alive. Sadly my family has been ravaged by the war, as have all families. Why do you think I was a slave to that man? Do you think that if any of my family, especially the Onasis were alive that I would have been where you found me?”

Jor-el thought for a moment. “Well no, now that you mention it. It makes sense I suppose. But wow! Onasi! I can’t believe it. According to the stories Admiral Onasi was a wise and powerful leader. If you are anything like your ancestor then you may yet prove to be useful.”

“So what is your name? If you know mine then it is only fair for me to know yours as well.”

“My name is Jor-el Kenobi.” Jor-el bowed in respect.

“Are you a Jedi? By the robes you are wearing and the lightsaber resting at your side it would be kind of hard for me to believe otherwise.”

“Yes I am a Jedi.”

“Ok cool, so how old are you?”

“What? Why does it matter to you?”

Linduu raised her hands in the air. “I’m just curious, no harm meant. I mean, you are kind of cute and all, I was just wondering.”

“What! I can’t believe this I am being hit on by an 18 year old.”

“Hey it was just a question.”

“Fine, I am 25 if you must know.”

During the 30 hour journey back to the ribbon’s location Jor-el and Linduu talked about many more things. Jor-el came to realize that she was a very intelligent and witty young lady. She stood about 5'5, but of course Jor-el being 6'1 he had to look down on her. She indeed was the last of the Onasi Lineage. Her Father, John Onasi, was a captain in the Republic army. He was killed in one of the earlier attacks on the republic when the Sith had first appeared, before the attack on Dantooine. She and her mother were captured by the Sith. They tortured her mother for information and in the process killed her. Linduu was sold to some Hutt slavers on Tatooine where Jor-el found her. Linduu also came to realize that Jor-el was a lonely man and that he had great pain inside, and was trying to hide from his fears rather than confront them.

Jor-el filled her in on where they were going and what had happened to him with the ribbon of light.

“Beep beep.” Came the sound of T-4's voice over the ship’s comm. He was announcing that they were coming up on the last location of the ribbon.

“Very well T-4, get us to within visual range, we shall proceed from there.”

“Beep beep tooo.”

“Alright T-4 says we can see the ribbon now, let’s go take a look and see what we’ve got”

They left Jor-el’s compartment where they had been sitting and talking.

Linduu looked outside the window from the cockpit. “Stars of Naboo it’s beautiful! I have never seen anything like it.”

“Truly it is like nothing I have ever come across in my travels across the galaxy. I can feel the force within the ribbon. It is strong, and it beckons for me to come closer.” Jor-el said with a hypnotic look in his eyes.

At that moment the ribbon began to move away from them. Almost like a cable being retracted by a winch.

“T-4, Follow that ribbon! I don’t want to lose it. We must find out where it is coming from.”

“Beep twoo.”

After a few minutes of chasing the ribbon, something unexpected began to happen.

“Is that what I think it is?” Linduu asked.

“I can’t believe it! That is not possible” Jor-el stated.

Space had begun to ripple around the ribbon. It was almost as if it had hyper-drive engines and was beginning to activate them. After a few more seconds a wormhole formed around the light and it began to enter through it and disappear.

In a spilt second Jor-el had to make a decision. And he didn’t hesitate one bit.

“T-4 engines to full speed! Follow that ribbon inside of that thing!”

The Ethon star blasted forward with a mighty force! The ribbon was completely through now and had disappeared from their sight. The vortex was closing and they were so close. The Ethon star and her passengers made it inside of the wormhole right before it closed. *Whooossshhhh!* The ship was being hurtled through space at speeds that Jor-el had never thought possible. Even the inertial dampeners weren’t enough to compensate for the G-force that was pounding the ship. Jor-el and his companions were pinned against the back wall of the cockpit and could not move.

“Beep beep beep!” T-4 squealed.

“What did he say?” Linduu asked Jor-el.

“He said that the ship can’t take this much longer. The hull is about to collapse. I hope this ride ends within 20 seconds, otherwise we are going to be Bantha fodder!”

Sure enough the Ethon star exited the vortex and was now resting in front of a dark and mysterious planet. The Ribbon of light was here as well, and it was leading down to the planet’s surface.

Linduu felt a bit tipsy on her feet. “Whoa, what happened?”

“I don’t know, I guess we must have blacked out. T-4, are you okay?”

“Woooo.”

“T-4 I need to know where we are. And I needed to know yesterday!”

The droid went over to the ship’s navigational computer and began searching the galaxy map.

“Beep beep drooo.”

“What do you mean we aren’t in known space? You’re telling me you don’t know where we are? Well this can’t be good.”

Linduu sat down in one of the piloting chairs. “So what do we do now?”

“Well it looks like the ribbon is leading down to the planet’s surface. I started this journey to find out where it was coming from, now it looks like I have my answer. Hold on I am going to scan the planet for life signs. T-4 is there any Sith presence in the area, ships to be more specific?”

“Beep beep.”

“No ships? Good. Wow! I can’t believe this, there are life signs on this planet and they are off the charts! I have never seen so many before. Especially on a planet that looks as dark and un-inhabitable as this one. Well, down we go. Let’s get to the bottom of this.”

As the Ethon star began its descent, the ribbon stayed just out of their reach. As if it was leading them to a certain point on the planet. They followed it and were soon landing in a murky and foggy marsh.

“Here Linduu, you will need this” Said Jor-el as he handed her a blaster pistol.

“Don’t worry I know how to use one should I have to.” Linduu said.

“Alright then let’s go. T-4 you stay here and let me know if anything or anyone comes near the ship.”

“Beep twooo.”

With that they walked to the back of the ship and lowered the loading ramp. They exited the ship slowly, looking about and studying the area. They looked up and saw the ribbon of light overhead. It seemed to be the only thing that was providing light, as the planet’s atmosphere was like a coat of fog. Not allowing any sunlight or moonlight to get through. The Ribbon seemed to be touching the ground about 2 miles or so ahead of them. They began to follow it and after 10 minutes of walking Jor-el noticed something very strange.

“This isn’t right.”

“What? What’s wrong Jor-el?”

“The life signs on this planet were overwhelming. But I haven’t seen one living thing. Not one person, animal, or even bug. I've got a bad feeling about this.”

Chapter V

The more they walked towards where the light was touching the ground, the more desolate the planet seemed. The planet was mostly dirt and grass, with no mountains or hills in sight.

“There!” Jor-el said as he pointed. “The ribbon appears to be touching the ground right over there.”

As they came to the resting place of the light, even more surprises awaited them. There at the place where they thought the journey would end, was a hole in the ground that seemed to extend into a cave.

“Well it looks as if our little walk isn’t over yet. It looks like the light keeps on going down into this hole.” Jor-el said.

“Well it doesn’t look that deep. And the ribbon is lighting our way well enough. So I say in we go.” Linduu replied.

“I think you’re right. Just let me check in with T-4 real quick.” Jor-el pulled out his personal communicator from his pouch of goodies.

“T-4 we are going to be going underground for a little bit. Are you going to be ok?”

“Beep droot.”

“Okay then. I don’t know how deep this cave goes. The density of the ground might begin to interfere with our signal. If we aren’t back within 4 hours then take the ship just out of orbit and trigger the self destruct mechanism. I don’t want anyone else getting hold of our Navicomputer and finding this place if it turns out to be anything special. Besides if this planet is unknown to the Sith, then it could prove to be a good sanctuary for people like us who don’t want to be found. That is of course, if we could find our way back to where we came from.”

“Beep beep.” T-4 replied.

“Alright then, in we go.”

They slowly lowered themselves into the cave entrance. Once In the hole they could see the ribbon of light flowing down a passageway. The cave itself was made of a blue tinted rock that neither of them had ever seen before. It was just tall and wide enough to walk inside single file. They slowly made their way deeper and deeper inside of the cave. Just as before when they were in orbit, the light stayed just ahead of them, never within arm's reach.

“This may sound strange, but being this close to the light is making me feel different. Kind of warm, and fuzzy inside. Also I feel like I am getting stronger.” Linduu whispered.

“That’s odd. You must be a force sensitive. A wonder I did not sense it in you on the ship. But then I haven’t exactly been on top of my game for awhile now.” Jor-el replied.

Linduu put her finger up to her lips. “Shhhh... there up ahead. It looks like the cave opens up into a bigger room.”

Sure enough, not 20 yards ahead was a giant cavern, the size of a republic flagship. In the dead center of the room was a large crystal formation. It was dark, with colors of blue, violet, pink and white. Then without warning the light vanished into thin air. They were now standing in complete darkness.

“Welcome Jor-el Kenobi. Welcome Linduu Onasi. We are glad you could finally join us.”

“What? Who said that? Who’s there?” Jor-el asked.

Suddenly, before their eyes, the formation of crystals lit up as if a Star had just gone super-nova.

The light was so bright, yet so beautiful. Casting all the different colors of the crystals onto the cavern walls, and ceiling.

“We did. We are the ones who led you here.”

“Well if I didn’t know any better I would say that the crystals were talking to us” Jor-el said half laughingly in fear.

“You’re not imagining things. I hear the voice as well.” Linduu replied.

“It is not the crystal who speaks. But it is us who presently inhabit this crystal formation that speak.”

“And who might ‘us’ be?” Jor-el asked as he drew closer to the crystals.

“We are the Midichlorians, the very essence of the force.”

“If you are who you say you are. Then why have you never spoken to me or anyone for that matter, before? Why haven’t I heard your voice in my head when I meditate?” Jor-el asked with a hint of disbelief in his voice.

The crystals glowed even brighter. “These are special crystals that can handle our form of life, and allow us to speak audibly. These are the only ones left in existence. Only on this planet will you find them, and be able to speak to us.”

“Why only on this planet? Surely there must be other planets with these crystals.” Linduu asked.

“Once upon a time there were. But the Sith, the first ones who betrayed their masters. They found out the secret of these crystals. And they destroyed any world that they found them on. They were trying to silence us, they were afraid of us.”

“Afraid of you, what do you mean?” Jor-el asked.

“When they fell to what you call the dark side, they discovered us. And they didn’t like what we had to say. See, we don’t like being used for self gain. We don’t like to harm other life organisms. But as we form a symbiotic relationship with what you call force a sensitive, we have no control over what those who use us do. Since then we have been forced to kill, murder, and suffocate people to death. Being forced to morph into lightning and fry someone to death is not pleasant. We began to voice our disagreements with them. And since they knew that we contained secrets that could lead to their defeat, they went on a path of destruction, eradicating the crystals wherever they found them.”

“Okay, you said you led us here? Why?” Linduu asked.

“We need your help. You are the last of the force sensitives in the galaxy that have a pure heart. We need your help if we are ever going to be free of these evil beings who manipulate us.”

Linduu’s jaw dropped in amazement. “Whoa? When you said last in the galaxy, did you mean me as well?”

“Yes, you have a very strong bond with us, even though you don’t know it yet.”

“Yeah, yeah, excuse me again, but pure heart? I don’t think so. If I ever got the chance, I would do horrible things to the people who killed my parents.” Linduu replied.

“It is true that you hold feelings of revenge and hatred for your parent’s murderers. But underneath all of that, you have a pure heart. We can feel it.”

“I as well think you’ve got the wrong man.” Jor-el said. “I don’t think I have it in me to do what you would ask of me. Besides, we wouldn’t even know where to start looking for the leaders of the Sith, let alone get through their army. And then there would be the matter of defeating them. Something of an impossible task don’t you think?”

“What you say is partially true. It would be difficult, and you might even fail. But we have training for you, secrets of the force that would aid you greatly. Knowledge that only we possess, that can defeat the Sith.”

“That’s all well and good. But During the war we never stood a chance. The Sith lord leading them was wise and powerful. We didn't even know who he was.” Jor-el objected.

“We know who he is, and where he is. After all it is through us that he has any power at all. Even as we speak he is using us to kill a helpless girl, not even 9 years old yet. He is truly a monster. Long ago he discovered a secret. He learned how to use us to keep himself alive, forever, if he so chooses. He has forced us to do his evil bidding for far too long. He did not always have an evil heart mind you. Once he was a wise and powerful Jedi master. One who fought alongside Revan to defeat Malak and the Sith of that age. But after the war was over, it left a terrible scar on his heart. Eventually he followed the path that Revan and Malak originally went down. His heart turned evil, or went to the dark side, as you would say.”

“If what you say is true, then this Sith lord has to be well over 1,000 years old.”

“Wow, I don’t want to get anywhere near this Sith. Talk about smelling old, eww.” Linduu stated as she pinched her nose shut with her fingers.

“Please, I’m curious, what is his name?” Jor-el asked.

“His name is.............................”

oooooohh.

*claps hands like an excited baby*

watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname? watsisname?

haha

good work, RB. you are definitly getting very good. its the problem with this 500 characters only restiction or i wouldve added u to my sig. good work again and KIU.

EDIT: i managed to squeeze you in, bro. good work once again.

250 Cool Points for RB. *Cash register sound (Cha-ching!)*

Excellent work so far, RB! You've got real talent in imagination (if there is such a thing) and in writing, so the next time someone says your writing sucks, you may safely hit them with a rubber-coated metal rod.

BTW, be sure to ask about... that offer. ;) I would spilled the beans, but I prefer you say it, just in case I say something wrong...

Chapter VI

“His name is Lord Vandar. But from the stories that you have probably heard, you would know him as Master Vandar.”

Jor-el’s jaw dropped in amazement, perhaps even shock.

“What? Why do you look so shocked cutie?” Linduu asked as she glanced over at Jor-el with a smile.

“You mean besides the fact that Vandar has happened to live for over a 1,000 years?” Jor-el quipped sarcastically.

“Very funny, you know what I meant. Now tell me, who is this Vandar person?”

“Well from what I read in the Jedi archives when I was a youngling, Master Vandar was a very wise and powerful Jedi. And also from my readings he had the purest heart you could find in anyone.”

“This is true. Vandar had a pure heart, more pure than a mother’s love for her child.” The Midichlorians replied.

“Then are you sure it is him? I just can’t believe he would turn to the dark side. In the archives it was said that after the war he returned to his home world for some peace and quiet. After that there is no mention of him in the records.”

“Make no mistake, it is him. Now please, it is vital that we begin your training now. Vandar has sensed your presence through us. We can shield your location from him for a time, but eventually he will find you. If you are to stand any chance at all in the face of his evil, we must begin immediately.”

Jor-el looked down at the ground. “Why do I care if he kills me or not, I have been longing to die ever since that day on Dantooine. I have nothing left to live for.”

“How can you say something like that? How can you want to die? I certainly don’t want to die. And I can’t think of any sane person that would want to either.” Linduu replied.

“If anything, you must do this for everyone else who still holds onto hope. You are that hope. You, Jor-el Kenobi, are the last Jedi alive in the universe.” The Midichlorians said.

“Well what about Linduu here? You said that she is a force sensitive right?”

Linduu shot a look of disbelief at Jor-el. “Hey! I can’t stand alone before a Sith lord and his army. And the fact that you would let me go alone really brings you down a notch in my respect meter.”

“While it is true that Linduu has a strong connection to us, we can only develop her abilities to control and hear us. You however, are the only one who can teach her the art of the lightsaber.”

“Oh yeah, and why is that?”

“Do you see any hands or feet protruding from this crystal? No, we didn’t think so. Hands are required to hold a lightsaber we think.”

“Okay, okay, you’ve all made your point. Give me a day to think it over alright? Grant me that much at least.” Jor-el replied.

“You have one day, we only ask that you make the right decision. Not only for yourself, but for the universe as well.”

“Let us depart then. Come on Linduu, let’s head back to the ship. It’s been almost 3 hours and I don’t want to get back too late and find out that T-4 has blasted off and obliterated my ship.”

So they began their walk back to the Ethon star. As they walked through the winding cave Jor-el couldn’t help but feel like a Genosian electro staff had just hit him in the gut. He felt sick to his stomach and torn in two. Part of him wanted to forget about all of this and continue to run and hide. But another part of him wanted to do the right thing and accept the Midichlorian’s training so that he could stand up to the Dark lord Vandar. That and part of him always wanted to find out who it was that had gotten the best of him that day on Dantooine. Whoever it was that stabbed that saber through his chest, well, let’s just say Jor-el wanted a one on one meeting.

They were back at the cave entrance now wondering how they were going to get up out of the hole. “Here, I’ll give you a lift, I can get out on my own after that.” Jor-el lifted Linduu’s feet up to his shoulders. She grabbed the ledge above and pulled herself out. Then with relative ease Jor-el force jumped up and out of the hole.

“Wow that was pretty impressive, could I learn to do things like that?” Linduu asked.

“Shhh… quiet. Something’s not right I feel a disturbance in the force. Quickly now, be on your guard and let’s make our way back to the ship double time.” Jor-el said as he took off towards the ship.

Jor-el used the force to light their path. And as they began to run a sinking, dark feeling started to fall over Jor-el. It seemed the closer to the ship they got, the more powerful this feeling became. 10 minutes later now, Linduu was even beginning to feel the disturbance. Chills were running up and down her back as if someone had poured ice water on it. Fear began to overwhelm them both.

“There I can see the ship, quickly I feel like we are being cha…..”

Jor-el was cut off in mid sentence. There in between them and the ship stood the Dark lord of the Sith, Vandar. His blood red saber was casting a menacing glow on his evil face. Without hesitation Vandar stretched forth his free hand and lifted Linduu into the air. All she could do was scream in horror as Vandar flung her up and over his head and onto the top of the Ethon star knocking her unconscious. The sound of her head hitting the metal of the ship was deafening to Jor-el as all he could do was watch the power of Vandar being exhibited.

As soon as the Sith lord turned back towards him, Jor-el pulled the lightsaber from his hip and ignited a beam of lightning blue that illuminated the surrounding area. Not 2 seconds after he raised it into a defensive position, Vandar used the force to pull it from his hand and into his own. “Saber count for me 0, saber count for Vandar 2. This doesn’t bode well for me” Thought Jor-el to himself. Vandar was now standing there with a diabolical smirk on his face, and with blinding speed he jumped up and over Jor-el, landing behind him. As soon as Jor-el turned to face Vandar he was knocked down to the ground by an overpowering force push. Now Vandar was raising the blue and red sabers above his head, ready to strike down and kill Jor-el at any moment.

“This is it” Jor-el said to himself. “This is how it ends, this is how I die.”

Jor-el stared up helplessly at the Dark lord as flashes of blue and red came crashing down at his neck.

Chapter VII

Jor-el closed his eyes, bracing for the impact of the sabers and his death. The light sabers passed through his body and to his amazement he felt no pain. He looked back up at Vandar only to see him disappear before his very eyes. Confused and shaken Jor-el sat up. He noticed Linduu laying right beside him and his light saber was still attached to his belt.

“Hey, Wake up!” Jor-el exclaimed as he had his hand on Linduu’s shoulder shaking it trying to wake her up.

“Whaaa… hmmmm…” Linduu let out a scream, “What’s going on? What in the moon of Onderon just happened?”

“I don’t know, but I’ll bet the crystal can give us an answer as to what we just experienced. Are you ok? Can you move?” Jor-el asked as he helped her to her feet.

“Yeah I think so.”

“Alright then, let’s get inside the ship. I need to meditate on what we just went through and if you are as hungry as I am then it wouldn’t hurt to get some food either.”

They made their way back into the ship. Jor-el sealed the loading ramp immediately behind them. Next he went to the weapons computer and set the turrets to auto.

“Anything that comes near this ship is going to get blasted to pieces”

Linduu and Jor-el had a fulfilling meal that would have satisfied a Boma beast. Later they discussed all that they had seen and heard, as well as what answer they were going to give the Midichlorians.

Linduu got up from her sitting position. “I am going to turn in for the night. Well at least I think that it’s night. I can’t tell on this planet, it seems like it’s always dark. At any rate I am exhausted, goodnight cutie.”

“Must you persist in calling me that?”

“If it annoys you that much, then the answer is yes.”

Jor-el threw his hands up in the air. “Have it your way then. Go ahead and turn in, I am going to meditate for awhile, try and center my thoughts.”

“Goodnight Jor-el.”

With that Jor-el went to his compartment and began to focus on the day’s events. His thoughts drifted from the beauty of the crystal and its light, to the insidious face of Lord Vandar. Deep into the night he heard noise coming from the compartment he had given to Linduu to sleep in. As he made his way to her room, he heard her talking. He peered around the corner only to see her in a deep sleep. “Ah she’s sleep talking” He thought to himself.

“Oh yes! Come closer Jor-el. Hold me, hold me tight. Hold me with those big muscular arms of yours. ………… oh just shut up and kiss me you fool.”

Jor-el was caught standing there in one of those moments where he didn’t know what to think. On one hand he wondered if Linduu really had a crush on him. On the other hand he wanted to burst out in laughter! Finally he just returned to his own bed. He fell asleep thinking about what the Midichlorians had told him that day.

The next morning Jor-el woke up to find Linduu sitting in the cargo bay munching on some breakfast.

“Good morning”

“Good morning to yourself cutie, are you ready to decide the fate of the universe today?”

“Very funny, yeah I’ve made my decision. Have you made yours?”

Linduu took another bite of food. “I have decided not to decide. I am just going to follow your lead. It’s all up to you.”

“Alright then, let me grab some chow and then we will be off to the cave. T-4 we will be leaving in 15 minutes or so. I want you to do some maintenance on the ship while we are gone. Check for any damage to the outside, the engines, or the computers. We will probably be gone for the whole day, so don’t worry about us.”

“Beep twoo beep beep.”

As they were about to leave the ship Jor-el looked at Linduu and asked, “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“What? What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

“Oh I think you know exactly what I mean.” Jor-el said with a sheepish grin on his face.

Linduu looked away from Jor-el. “Ok, whatever.”

With that they began their walk back to the cave. Once again Jor-el lighted their path using the force.

“That is so cool! Can you teach me to do that?”

“Perhaps one day, we shall see.” Jor-el replied.

Now at the hole in the ground Jor-el turned and asked Linduu.

“Would you like my big muscular arms to lower you down into the cave?”

Linduu was caught off guard by the comment, but tried to hide it. “What in the world are you talking about? Muscular arms? Um… that’s ok. I think I will just jump down like I did before.”

“Very well, have it your way.”

They made their way back to the crystal formation in the big cavern.

Once again the crystals glowed to life. “Greetings once again Jor-el Kenobi, Linduu Onasi, you seek the answer to what happened last night on the way back to your ship yes?”

“Um yeah… how did you…. Never mind I know how. So tell us, what do you know?”

“As we said, Vandar has sensed your presence through us. He learned long ago how to project, what you might call, a shadow of himself, through us and into someone’s mind. When he sensed you he focused in on your thoughts. Everything you saw was real, but only in your mind. Do not worry though, as we promised, we were able to shield your physical location from him, and will continue to do so should you decide to stay and accept our training. With that being said, what is your decision?”

“Can you teach me to do that whole mind projection thingy as well?” Jor-el asked the crystals.

“Yes we can do that and many more things.”

“In that case we accept your offer for training. Just tell us what to do, and we shall obey.” Jor-el said as he bowed to the ground in respect.

“Well now wait a second, I don’t know about obeying, per say….” Linduu said.

“Oh just shut up and kiss me you fool…” Jor-el blurted out with a smile.

Linduu had a look of embarrassment and curiosity on her face. “Were you eavesdropping in my mind during my dream last night?”

“Eavesdropping? Ha! You were blurting it out so loud during your sleep that a deaf Wookie could have heard it.”

Linduu was speechless for perhaps the first time in her life, she was so embarrassed.

“If you two are done playing around, then much training we have for you. Are you ready for what awaits you in the coming weeks?”

“We are” Came the reply in unison.

Archived