Home

[Fic] The crystal of life.

Chapter XXVI

Linduu raised her saber above her head and blocked Vandar’s descending attack with ease. Then a counter, parry, slash and low kick to the face and Vandar found himself lying on the ground staring at the business end of his opponents saber.

“Is that all you’ve got?” Linduu quipped with a tone of surprise in her voice.

Vandar hissed like a serpent as his face began to shake with anger. “Under estimated you I did. Happen again this will not!” He shouted. Linduu felt a sense of urgency from the force and stabbed for his throat, but she was too late. Vandar opened his mouth wide, letting out a blood curling ungodly scream. A sonic force blast sent Linduu flying aback into the wall behind her. But she managed to hit the ground on her feet, saber still in hand.

“Now you will learn the same lesson that your husband learned.” Vandar cried out. He leaped into the air, calling his saber to his hand with the force, and ignited it as he descended upon Linduu once again. She blocked his flurry of attacks but it took every bit of her skill. Their sabers clashed high, low, and everywhere in between. She swung for his head but he ducked and countered with a slash at her feet. Linduu force jumped over the attempt and up onto a high walkway overhead.

“Impressive.” Vandar said. “Trained well you have. But your Jedi skills save you will not.”

Linduu raised her hand towards Vandar and sent a Force push at him that sent him flying across the throne room. His head thumped hard into his throne as he fell to the ground.

“And it’s going to take more than a little bad breath from you to take me down!” Linduu barked out with authority.

Hulls crashing upon broken hulls, explosions causing more explosions, bodies floating about aimlessly in the vacuum of space. The battle amongst the Sith fleet had taken it’s toll. Yet it still waged on in the distance. But that wasn’t a problem for T-4 as he guided the raider through the debris effortlessly. He was heading toward the large space station that he and Linduu had noticed on their approach to the planet earlier.

“So much depends on you little one.” He kept playing Linduu’s voice over and over again in his memory core. Though a droid, he seemed to feel a sense of determination to carry out his orders.

The approach to the station wasn’t a problem as the fleet was off in the distance destroying itself. So T-4 was able to make it in without being noticed. He guided the raider into a landing pad and set it down as quietly as possible. Exiting the small craft he rolled up a ramp way and into an adjoining hallway. The place seemed to be empty, at least for the moment. T-4 spotted an information hub a few parsecs down the hall. He rolled over quietly and plugged in.

After a few moments of searching he had found what he was looking for. “Beep beep” He blurted with glee.

“Hey what was that?” A voice down the hallway asked

“I don’t know. But we had better go check it out.” A deep gruff voice replied.

T-4 scanned the hallway further and noticed a garbage chute in the wall. He rolled over and the automatic door slid open. T-4 was just small enough to fit inside. He did so quickly to try avoiding detection. Unfortunately the door did not close behind him.

Two Sith foot soldiers came walking down the hallway and didn’t notice him at first. But as they turned to walk back to their post the spotted the open chute with the little droid inside.

“Hey, what’s this? That’s not supposed to be in there.” The smaller one said,

“We’ve got bigger things to worry about right now.” The one with the gruff voice replied. “Our fleet is ripping itself apart and we haven’t heard from Jasra in over 3 hours. Just leave it there and we will deal with it later.”

“Yeah your probably right.” The small one replied.

As they walked away and out of sight, T-4 rolled out into the hallway and headed straight towards his destination. The power mainframe regulator, T-4 was going to get there, and nothing was going to stop him.

Linduu was getting tired now, but she refused to let Vandar see that. In between slashes, blocks and counters, Linduu would ask Vandar questions.

“Why did you turn to the darkside?” She asked as she ducked a thrust to the head.

Vandar in turn jumped Linduu’s back slash at his feet. “A question of why it is not. A matter of time for all Jedi only it is.”

“I refuse to believe that!” Linduu said, momentarily letting her guard down.

Vandar took the opportunity pull a large chunk of cement that had fallen from the ceiling across the room using the force. He sent is flying at Linduu’s head from behind.

With lighting quick reflexes she blocked his saber thust and ducked just in time to let the object fly over her head. It hit the wall behind Vandar sending tremors all the way up to the ceiling. Causing the half of it that was sill standing to crash down to the floor below. Vandar leaped to the side with lighting reflexes avoiding the large pieces of cement falling to the ground. Linduu however caught a small chunk directly to the top of her head. It knocked her to the floor as all around her went black.

(My love, you must awaken. You must not fail.)

(Jor-el, I can’t. He is to strong, I have no energy left. I am wasted, I am done.)

(Linduu, you carry in you our child. Many lives depend on his being born. You can not let Vandar kill you.)

(But if only you were here….)

( I am here, I am with you in your heart. Now you must get up! Go!)

Dazed and confused Linduu opened her eyes. Blood was running from the gash in her head down into her eyes. She stared up into the night sky, the battle was now over. The ships had all destroyed themselves, or were disabled. All was silent except for the sound of Vandar’s feet walking towards her.

“Now, understand you only at the end.” Vandar seethed. “How pathetic, last of the Jedi you are. How easily overcome you I have.”

He stopped at her body. Standing over her with his saber ready to deal the killing blow.

Linduu reached for her pouch with lightning reflexes and grabbed her communicator.

“Now T-4 Now!!!!!”

In the dark night sky above a thunderous sound that shook the ground rattled though the building. That sound was accompanied by the largest fireball Linduu had ever seen. It looke like a Mini sun had been set in the sky.

Distracted and shocked by the unexpected blast, Vandar had momentarily let his guard down to look up and see what had just happened. He then felt a tingling sensation run up and down his spine. The feeling in his hands went away and his saber dropped to the ground. He looked down only to see the end of a pink lightsaber sticking through his body.

“It is a shame it had to end this way for you.” Linduu said sadly. “But you left me no choice. Now, I must make sure of your end.”

Linduu pulled up hard on her saber, sending it up through Vandar’s chest, throat and head, killing him instantly.

His lifeless body fell to the ground and turned to ash instantly.

(I guess since the force was the only thing holding his body together, it was nothing more than ash without it.) Linduu surmised in her head.

She knelt down on one knee, exhausted and aching all over. She looked up into the sky at the remnants of the station falling down into the planets atmosphere, burning up like shooting stars.

“I’m so sorry T-4.” She said with a tear falling down her cheek. “You were all I had left of Jor-el in this life. And you were a faithful friend and companion. You served us well. And you will be remembered as a hero.”

(This part of your journey is over.) She heard Jor-el’s voice in her head. (But another one waits.)

(What do I do now?) She asked.

(First you must give birth to our child. Return to the planet where we trained. The planet with the Crystals of life. There you must train more Jedi. There you must teach them the true ways of the force. Raise our child to be the man that so many will need him to be. The Sith are not all dead. They will always be a threat. And we must make sure there are always Jedi to counter them.)

Linduu made her way through the city, hundreds, thousands of bodies were spread out across the streets. She made her way to the spaceport uncontested and found a small cruiser with hyperspace capabilities. The engines roared to life as she lifted off the planet and headed into space. A she broke orbit the hyper engine roared to life and the cruiser disappeared from sight. Linduu was on her way back the Crystal planet. To prepare for the next step of her journey.

The end.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY!! :D Welcome back to the forums, RP!

And wow! This latest installment of yours was definitely worth the wait! Old nasty Vandar vanquished he was. (And for some strange reason, as I read that part I had the Eagles 'Dust in the Wind' playing in my head. :) Odd, but... that' s just me I'm sure.) Wonderful ending though, and still action packed as always!

And 'the next step of her journey'... hmm, is that a sequel I'm sensing? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aw, T4 died, but it was for a worthy cause. The fight scene was exciting. I had a little trouble believing that her reflexes were fast enough to reach into her pouch and get a communicator before Vandar attacked her--might have worked better if it was voice activated. Otherwise, I enjoyed the ending, and I am so glad you finished the story for us. Please write another one! :)

• 10 months later...

Archived