Home

[Fic] The crystal of life.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter XII

John Onasi stopped dead in his tracks. He had never expected to hear the word “Dad” ever again. The expression on his face went from that of anger to surprise and horror.

Linduu saw the change of emotion on the Sith’s face and with hope gleaming from her eyes asked, “Dad is it really you?”

John searched for the words to say and stuttered, “Linduu? Is that you? Are you really my baby girl?”

“Yes daddy it’s me! How are you still alive? I was told that you were killed.” Linduu said with tears running down her face.

John felt the eyes of Vandar upon him and quickly reverted back to his anger and rage.

“It is of no matter to me who you are woman, I shall kill you just as I have been ordered to.” John said with hatred and contempt in his voice. He raised his lightsaber to deal the killing blow to Linduu as she lay helpless on the ground. The sound of a saber being ignited resonated throughout the building as Jor-el got back to his feet and leaped towards Linduu, blocking John’s slash at her neck. Confused and stunned Linduu could only lay there and watch as Jor-el and her father fought each other.

“Dad you have to stop this now!” Linduu screamed in desperation. John was again caught off guard by those words and momentarily froze up. Jor-el wasted no time and stretched out with his thoughts trying to take control of John’s actions. The Sith resisted at first, but Jor-el won the battle of wills after only a few seconds. He forced John to deactivate his saber and place it on a nearby table. He then made John sit down in a chair between Linduu and himself and released his mind. When John realized what had just happened he stretched his hands outward creating a massive force wave. Jor-el and Linduu were knocked up against the walls and fell to the ground unconscious. John stood up and walked over to the table to retrieve his lightsaber and after that he simply left the cantina. His feelings were conflicted about having to kill his own daughter, despite the anger and rage that now dwelled inside of him.

“Why are you leaving Lord Onasi, accomplished yet your task is not.” Came the voice of Vandar in John’s head.

“I am returning to you my lord, I have a bone to pick with you, a few things that we need to discuss about certain, lies.” John said with purpose in his voice.

“Turn around you must, finish your task you will. If my orders you obey not, then kill you myself I will.”

“No my lord, my feelings are conflicted in this matter, I will fail if I return to try and kill them. I can not use my anger to fuel my power when the feeling of compassion starts to take control of my heart. She is my daughter, and trying to kill her is bringing forth emotions I had long forgotten.”

“Turn around now Lord Onasi, or my wrath you shall feel.”

“Then I shall stand before you and your wrath my lord, none the less, I am returning to see you.”

With that John Onasi made his way to his personal starfighter. He left the planet and docked with the battle cruiser in orbit.

“Captain Valreem.”

“Yes Lord Onasi?”

“Set a course for Korriban, we are going to see Lord Vandar.”

“Yes Lord Onasi, we shall leave immediately.”

With that the Sith battle cruiser turned away from the planet and entered hyperspace.

2 months passed by and Jor-el and Linduu were still on Tatooine. They had spent the time there recuperating and preparing themselves for what lay before them. They found a local administrator and got married and also talked about Linduu’s father, and what they should do about him.

Jor-el opened his eyes, it was early morning and the hum of speeders could be heard over head. He rolled over and saw his new wife lying next to him.

“Good morning love, how are you feeling today?” He said with tenderness in his voice.

“I’m good Jor-el, how are you?” Linduu replied with nervousness in her voice.

“Love I’m fine, is something wrong? You seem tense.”

Linduu looked away, then back at Jor-el. “There is something I have wanted to tell you for about a week now, but I haven’t been sure how to say it, or how you would react. So I am just going to come right out with it.” She got up out of bed and walked to the window of the apartment they had been staying in. Looking outside and breathing in the morning air she said, “Jor-el, love, I’m pregnant.”

Jor-el jumped up out of bed. “What? Are you serious Lin?” He said with excitement in his voice.

Linduu turned back to face him. “Yes, I am positive, we are going to have a baby.”

Jor-el pulled her close to him and held her in his arms. “Linduu this is amazing, this is wonderful, I can’t believe it. I am going to be a father!”

Linduu sighed in relief. “Oh Jor-el, I am so glad that you are not angry or disappointed. I know the timing is not good for this to happen right now, I am just so glad you are as happy as I am.”

“Here Lin, you get back in bed and rest, I am going to make you some breakfast ok?”

“Oh Jor-el its ok, I can make breakfast.” Linduu said.

“No! I insist, I want you to rest love, I will make the food, now do as I say alright?” Jor-el said with a stern tone in his voice.

Linduu shrugged her shoulders. “Ok, if you are so determined to make me breakfast, I will not object.”

Jor-el went into the kitchen to prepare the food. As he was working he talked loudly so that Linduu could hear him in the other room.

“You know I have been thinking about why the Sith haven’t returned to attack us again. I think that Vandar is unsure of the power we possess now and wants us to make the next move.”

Linduu stepped into the kitchen doorway. “I have felt the same thing in my meditating. But the one thing that I still don’t have a clear picture on is my father. I mean after all this time to learn that he is alive, but that he has joined the Sith and become a dark Jedi. I just don’t know what to do or how to feel.”

Jor-el thought for a moment. “You know he is not the same man you once knew Lin, He may physically be your father, but his soul and mind are different now.”

“I know love, but there was still a part of my dad in him, I could see it in his eyes, I could feel it. That has to be why he wouldn’t finish killing us. I mean we were unconscious, he could have easily finished us both. No, no I have to find him again, I have to try and talk some sense into him.”

“Linduu, knowing that he is alive but has joined the Sith must be torturing you. And I am certain that our paths will cross again soon. But he is evil, he will not listen to you. If you hesitate when we confront him again, it could mean the end of your life, my life, and now our baby’s life.”

Linduu sighed. “I know you are right Jor-el, but I just can’t help to want and try to help him. I mean he is my father, I love him. The pain he must be in on the inside, it hurts me to think about it. And when the time comes, I just don’t know if I can kill my own father. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but I know it is going to.”

At that moment T-4 came rushing into the apartment!

“Beep beep twoo beep!!”

“What’s going on Jor-el? What’s he saying?”

“Oh no, T-4 says that the ship just blew up into flames! Quickly, let’s get down to the docking port, maybe we can still save it!”

Jor-el and Linduu put on their boots and ran to the port where their ship was, with T-4 behind them trying to keep up. Once they arrived what they saw was horrible. The Ethon star was completely ablaze and shattered to pieces. What was once a beautiful freighter was now nothing more than mounds of burning metal.

Jor-el stood in shock. “I can’t believe it, my ship! Who did this?”

“I did.” Came the sound of a gruff voice behind them.

Jor-el and Linduu turned around to see a figure in a dark robe emerge from the shadows, a red lightsaber in his hand.

Jor-el ignited his saber. “Who are you? What do you want?

“I’m here to finish what I started back on Dantooine 5 years ago, when the end of my lightsaber sticking through your chest should have killed you.”

You've got a very, very nice flow going on with this story! Excellent work--the story justs gets better and better! :) I like how you've integrated the dialogue with the descriptions and actions, too. Again, it makes the story flow that much better. And yet again you leave us readers in suspense!! (Ah, but poor Jor-el! Not only has his ship been burned, but most likely so has his breakfast! :) ) Looking forward to the next installment--and the identity of the blast-from-the-past Sith that has just appeared on the scene!

Chapter XIII

“Oh I don’t think so, not this time. You shall not best me again.” Jor-el said with a hint of anger in his voice.

The Sith stood up straight from his battle stance in surprise. “What’s this? Is that anger I detect in your voice Kenobi? You don’t even want to know how your pathetic master managed to save you, but not kill me in the process?”

A look of rage formed on Jor-el’s face. “No I don’t want to know anything. I just want to separate your worthless head from your pathetic body.”

Linduu looked at her love in horror. “Jor-el, how can you say such things? Are we not supposed to run from our anger, our rage? Do they not lead to the dark side?”

“I don’t have to explain myself to anyone!” Jor-el shouted. “Now get out of my way!”

The Sith assassin looked on in amazement as Jor-el used the force to knock Linduu across the docking port. She hit the wall with a loud thud, knocking her unconscious.

“Why Kenobi, I didn’t think you had it in you. I can feel your anger, it is running through my very being.”

Jor-el raised his weapon, “The only thing that is going to be running through you is my lightsaber!”

Jor-el screamed at the top of his lungs and ran at the Sith, his saber pointing straight out in front of him. His attack was met with a block and he barely ducked the Sith’s counter slash at his head. Jor-el stood back up and released a flurry of slashes and jabs. The Sith easily knocked every attempt aside. As they battled on and on Jor-el began to lose his focus in the river of his rage. He made one final swipe at the assassin’s head that left him open for attack. The Sith recognized the opportunity and raised his hand in the air creating a massive force wave. Jor-el was knocked 20 feet backward and landed in the middle of a burning pile of wreckage from the Ethon star. His saber had slipped from his hand during the trip through the air and now rested on the other side of the burning ball of fire that used to be his ship. Jor-el pulled himself out of the fire and rolled on the ground to put out the flames on his robes.

“Nothing has changed Kenobi, you were weak on Dantooine and you are even weaker now.” The Sith said as he walked over towards Jor-el. The assassin put his lightsaber to Jor-el’s neck. “You are a pathetic excuse for a Jedi.” He then kicked Jor-el in the face, taking any strength he had left to resist. “And now Kenobi, you are going to watch me kill the one thing you have left in this world that you care about. And once again you will be all alone.” The Sith let out a maniacal laugh as he walked over to where Linduu lay on the ground unconscious.

Jor-el was at a loss. He had no strength left to do anything, let alone get back to his feet. The Assassin was raising his saber to swing down onto Linduu’s neck and kill her when Jor-el closed his eyes. It seemed as if all time stopped and Jor-el was living in a moment. He began to remember the battle on Dantooine. This very Sith’s lightsaber sticking through his chest as he passed out from the pain. He remembered how his master had fallen at the hands of the Sith. That for the last 5 years he had been drifting in space alone and pointlessly all because of the Sith. He then began to dwell on his feelings for Linduu, the love she had brought into his life. The companionship, the joy, the laughter, and a soon to be born child. He never wanted to feel lonely again, he did not want to lose Linduu. He began to feel hatred, anger, and rage towards the Sith. And at the very moment when the feelings were at their peak, he grabbed onto them, fed on them, and became them.

Jor-el opened his eyes, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. He jumped to his feet and stretched his hands towards the sky. He screamed from the bottom of his lungs a cry of anger. He then used the force to call his lightsaber to him. Upon touching his hand the beautiful silver glowing weapon turned a chilling shade of blood red. It was the deepest yet most radiant shade of red you could imagine. The saber seemed to be overloading as sparks began to fly from the center of it, almost as if it were electrically charged.

The Sith turned around as he sensed the disturbance in the force. Only to see a surge of blinding force lightning coming from the end of Jor-el’s lightsaber right towards his eyes. The Lightning hit, sending him flying backwards and to the ground. His eyes were now nothing more than smoldering holes on his face.

He cried out in pain. “What have you done? What manner of trickery is this? Jedi do not possess such power.”

“Silence!” Jor-el said with a deep and disturbing tone in his voice. He then raised his hand and force lifted the Sith into the air, tossing him across the port like a rag doll. He hit on the other side and Jor-el kept him there, 20 feet off the ground and stuck to the wall.

Jor-el looked up at the Sith, his eyes were blood red now as well. “Now, you will die!”

Jor-el then threw his lightsaber towards the Sith, guiding it with the force. It lodged itself into the helpless assassin’s chest.

“I will show no mercy towards you” Jor-el said with an emotionless voice.

He then clenched his hand into fist, causing lightning to emanate from his saber and electrocute the Sith to death. The Assassin now dead Jor-el let the charred, lifeless body fall to the ground and recalled his lightsaber to his hand.

Linduu finally awoke from her unconscious state. She sat up only to feel a strong dark side presence in the force behind her. She slowly turned around and saw Jor-el standing there looking down on her. His face looked like the most evil thing she had ever seen. His eyes were blood red and his lightsaber matched.

Shivers went up and down her spine. “Jor-el, is that you?” Linduu said with a quiver in her voice.

With that Jor-el’s facial features seemed to return to normal. His eyes turned back to their normal shade of blue and his saber back to its shimmering silver.

“Linduu, I…. I….” Were all the words Jor-el could mutter before he fell to the ground in a heap.

Thanks all :) I am glad that you are enjoying my story, and that it doesn't stink. :) Yay!

And RC :) In my story the saber blade DID change its color to match Jor-el's emotion. I don't have to hold exactly to everything in the SW universe. I mean come on, has anyone ever heard of the Midichlorians talking? You didn't complain about that ;) But thank you for the criticism, I need it to fuel more Ideas :) Jasra was pretty much right with her answer on the crystal. I will explain it more in later chapters.

Well here it is. My longest chapter yet.

Chapter XIV

Jor-el opened his eyes to the rays of sunlight that were filtering their way into the room through the window. His body was aching and his head felt like a Boma beast had stepped on it. He attempted to sit up only to fall back down to his pillow in pain. He then felt the soothing touch of Linduu’s hand upon his forehead.

“Easy there big guy, you had quite a day yesterday.” Linduu said in a caring voice.

“Linduu what happened? Where are we?”

“We are back in the apartment love, now rest, you need to let your body recuperate.”

Jor-el looked up at Linduu with curiosity and fear in his eyes. “Lin what happened? The last thing I remember was laying on the ground and that Sith was walking towards you and was about to dismember your head from your body. After that I blacked out, I can’t remember anything else.”

Linduu looked away from Jor-el and down at the floor. “All I know is that when I woke up from being unconscious, you were standing behind me. You looked like the most evil creature I had ever laid eyes on. Your face was contorted, your eyes were red, and your lightsaber was blood red as well.”

Jor-el was filled with horror on the inside, and it showed on his face. “I didn’t hurt you did I?”

“No my love, you didn’t touch me at all.”

Letting out a sigh of relief Jor-el asked, “You said that my eyes and saber were red?”

“Yes they were, it was one of the most horrifying moments of my life, but,” Linduu paused and looked into Jor-el’s eyes. “But when I spoke your name everything changed back to normal. Your face, eyes, saber, all of it, then you fell to the ground unconscious. Please Jor-el, I was so scared, please promise me that the whole evil transformation thing will never happen again.”

“I don’t know what happened love, and I don’t know how. But I promise that I will try my best to never let that happen again. And I promise that I will never ever hurt you.”

A few tears fell from Linduu’s eyes. “Okay, I will trust you.”

“And what happened to the Sith?” Jorel asked.

“All I know,” Linduu said. “Is that the assassin’s body was lying on the ground lifeless and burned. It appeared as if a lightsaber had been shoved through his chest. As for the burns, I don’t know. It’s possible that some of the fire from the ship got a hold of him.”

Jor-el thought for a moment. “I guess it is possible that I blacked out because of all the emotion that was running through me. Maybe it was me who killed the Sith. Perhaps I fed upon those feelings and became what I needed to become in order to save you. My master always told me that I had one of the strongest connections to the force that he had ever seen. But this might be a bit beyond that. What do you think?”

Linduu laid down beside Jor-el. “It is very likely that being trained by the Midichlorians themselves has caused us to become closer to the force than anyone ever thought possible. I mean some of the powers and abilities that we possess, you said no Jedi or Sith has ever been recorded as having them right?”

“Yes,” Jor-el said. “I guess that could explain a few things, what you are suggesting is possible. But as for my lightsaber changing colors, that is something that has never happened in the history of the order, at least not that I am aware of.”

Linduu had a revelation. “Wait, we took the crystals from the Midichlorian cave for our sabers right?”

“Yes we did” Jor-el replied.

“Well then what if these crystals are bonded to us? And since they are the same type of crystal that the Midichlorians speak through, then perhaps they possess special abilities as well. It is possible that the crystals change to reflect our mood, situation, or even our alignment with the force, ala light side or dark side.”

Jor-el smiled proudly. “Wow Lin, I think you are really on to something there, in fact I think you are absolutely right. That would sure explain a lot.”

Linduu pulled herself closer to Jor-el and kissed him on the cheek. “Well thank you love, I couldn’t have come to this conclusion without your help though.”

“I guess we will have to ask the Midichlorians about all this should we survive all that is to come. Hopefully we will be able to find our way back to their planet. But for now we must assume that all of our theories are correct.” Jor-el said.

Linduu got up out of bed and headed for the kitchen. “Are you hungry?”

“Yes Lin, I am starving.”

“What would you like me to make you?”

Jor-el smiled, “How about a brand new ship?”

“Ha ha, very funny sithy pants.” Linduu said as she poked her head around the corner, “How about some Gizka eggs and Drylek strips?”

“Yeah that will be fine.” Jor-el said as he managed to slowly pull himself to a sitting position on the edge of the bed. “You know that does present a whole new problem for us.”

“What are you talking about love?”

“Our ship, now that it has been destroyed we have no way off this rock.” Jor-el replied as he winced in pain standing to his feet, “Which means that we are sitting targets.”

“Yes I suppose you are right, which means that we need to figure something out fast.” Linduu came walking back into the room with the food. “What are you doing out of bed?”

“Bah, I can’t stand to be still when I have so much running through my head.” Jor-el said as he walked over to the window.

Linduu sighed, “Always on the move.”

Jor-el looked out over the city as the morning sun was hitting the tops of the buildings. “Hmm,” Jor-el thought aloud.

Linduu walked over to him and placed her hands on his shoulder. “What are you thinking Mr. Kenobi?” She began to gently massage his neck.

“That assassin had to come here by ship. Perhaps there is a way to find out which port it is in and steal it, I mean, borrow it temporarily. Lin where is T-4?”

“Oh he is in the front room standing guard.” She replied.

Jor-el turned around and looked at her inquisitively. “Standing guard?”

Linduu let out a chuckle, “Yes, I told him to use his shock arm on the first thing or person that came through the door and then to alert us.”

Jor-el yelled out to the front room. “T-4, come here please.”

“Beep beep dwoo.” The little droid responded as it came into the room.

Jor-el knelt down in front of it. “T-4, I need you to go find a computer port and try to hack into the docking control mainframe. Look for any records of a Sith raider or unregistered ship arriving in the last 3 days or so.”

“Dwoo.”

“Alright then off you go, make it as quick as possible.” Jor-el patted the little droid on the top of its metal head. T-4 turned around and exited the apartment complex.

Linduu helped Jor-el back to his feet. “That was really good thinking, let’s hope he finds something.”

30 minutes later T-4 returned to the apartment.

“Beep beep.”

Jor-el got up out from the table as he was just finishing his meal. “Great job T-4, I knew you could do it.”

Linduu came into the room from the back. “I take it he found what we are looking for?”

“Yes, he found a record of a Sith raider that landed 36 hours ago and tracked it down to dock C bay 7.”

“Then we will check it out in the morning.” Linduu said.

Jor-el put his cloak on. “No, we need to go now. Besides I have been out cold all night, so my body doesn’t need anymore rest.”

“Okay, if you say so fearless leader.” Linduu said with a hesitant tone in her voice.

“T-4 I want you to go to the raider now, we will meet you there in a few minutes. We just have to gather a few things first.” Jor-el instructed.

“Beep dwoo.” T-4 replied as he exited the complex.

5 minutes later Jor-el and Linduu were on their way to dock C. They found bay 7 where T-4 was sitting outside the door waiting for them to arrive.

“Okay T-4, do your stuff.”

T-4 plugged his arm into the computer port on the wall and began hacking away. Within seconds he had unlocked the bay door and they went inside. The raider was not much different from a Jedi fighter in design. It was slightly larger, having two seats in it instead of just one.

“Well looks like it’s time for us to get off this planet.” Jor-el said as he climbed into the cockpit. Linduu followed and sat in the seat right behind him. T-4 made his way over to underneath the wing, two mechanical arms came down and pulled him up into the droid holding compartment.

Jor-el studied the controls. “Let’s see now, how do we operate this thing. Ah there, looks like this thing is activated by that handprint device.” He said as he placed the palm of his hand on the sensor. Immediately upon touching it the ship’s cockpit closed itself and locked on top of them.

“Well this can’t be good.” Linduu said as she tried to push it open.

A pleasant female voice came through the ships computer. “Hand print I.D. not recognized. This ship will now return to the emergency location as a result of attempted theft.” With that the raider’s engines fired up.

“Jor-el, do something!” Linduu shouted as she buckled her safety harness.

“I’m trying, but nothing is responding! T-4 can you access the computer and stop this program?”

“Beep beep beep!”

“T-4 says that he is locked out of every system, looks like we are along for the ride Lin.”

“Well that’s just great now isn’t it Jor-el.” Linduu replied with a bit of anger in her voice.

The landing bay doors above them opened and the ship lifted off the ground. Upon clearing the atmosphere it began to power up its hyper-space engine.

“Jor-el it’s powering up for a hyper-space jump!”

“Yes, I know love. I am trying to stop it, could you please be quiet? You’re not helping things at the moment.”

Linduu folded her arms. “Humph.”

“Oh no, no no no!” Jor-el exclaimed. “This isn’t happening.”

“What now?” Linduu asked.

“The computer has set a course for Korriban!” Jor-el blurted out. “And I can’t stop it!”

With that the Sith raider entered hyper-space and disappeared from Tatooine.

Archived