Home

finishing a model

Ranius

ok, how about this: somebody that knows how to model, to write a quite detailed tutorial on modeling from begining to the end, as he knows it, adding a list of used programs, and possibly note when they are used and a link to a download?

i know i ask for a lot but i'd really like to finish these models...aswell as start working on some new ones...

Unless things changed it's impossible to compile a player model using only milkshape.

I have written and hosted helpful tutorials on character compiling:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/

-You need at least 3D Max 4.x+ to rig and export a compatible .XSI file.

-There should be free version of Softimage XSI (there's a free package for creating HL2 content)

Actual character modeling tutorial:

http://www.poopinmymouth.com

under tutorials, character modelling (9 video files)

hmm.. the last time i downloaded a softimage...okay, it worked but i was unable to save my work since i needed registration...and by my expeience that usually involved giving the authors your credit card number if you know what i mean... =P

more than that, i tried installing 3dsmax(a higher version), but the installation didn't want to go on, due to a running program: "monitor.exe" or something ..wich i couldn't turn off..

are you sure there is no other way?

As far as i know, Softimage and Max are the only ones that have the necessary tools to create a valid .XSI file for the compiler.

The XSI mod tools should be free, they only ask a few questions for registration.

As stated on their website:

"Scene files can be saved to a special .exp file format so they can be loaded into the SOFTIMAGE| XSI Mod Tool. XSI Mod Tool (.exp) files will not load in the commercial version of SOFTIMAGE|XSI."

http://www.softimage.com/products/Mod/v4/

• 2 weeks later...

ok...so here is the thing...milkshape broke down on one of my two coputers... and on the seckond one aswell...so no xsi, md3 or whatever export...gmax can export md3 but cannot import .glm or .ms3d in wich the surfaces are held...3d studio max won't work...and i need a charachter/player model to put it in a map just to add a cherry too the martini...i still can't figure out exactly what i am supposed to be doing...carcass sth, assimilatte other and the help file didn't quite help me...and now that i remembered you have your own tutorials(wich i avoided due to some programs i couldn't get my hands on, namely: 3dsmax) i noticed you are updating...XD

somebody "up there" doesn't want me to model...

but truly...i have almost lost all hope to ever be able to finish this myself, so i am still looking for a modeler to rig together the surfaces. the email is at the top of the page when you decide to help me. =) =d

Archived