Home

Any word on getting 1st person view spacecraft cockpits?

Hengist_

There are no cockpits in 1st person view when inside spacecrafts. I believe that they were in SWBF1, but they're not in SWBF2. Has there been any word to include these in a patch? Failing that, could they be modded into the game, or even imported from SWBF1?

Well, at least give us first person view for everything!!! I am not asking for cockpits on all vehicles, but currently you can't even first person on a Spider Droid or AT-ST...

Yes, its a "mating female dog" not being able to go first person on things like AT-ST (we get that in BF1 even with a cockpit!) Ita a pain to pilot 3rd person while going thru jungles.

I like 3rd person better, it gives me more peripheral vision to see if enemies are trying to flank me. But if I want more precises aiming, better hits...like an ATAT copilot, or if I'm on Endor in an ATST charging through the forest, (actually, the ATST in BF2 doesn't charge so much as drips, like maple syrup on a cold day in Ontario), I'll switch to 1st person. As little as I used it, I do miss it.

aka, they smoke too much crack when they do it... as said its a "FEATURE" and I would be fine if they define the view as 3rd person by default, and changable in the options (and the view button)

It does not take any effort for them to leave the feature in (just a matter of view point setting, where you can do it on your own in simple games like JK3/JA) and its just dumb for them to deliberately take them out.

on the at-at, why cant you just get in and get out of it as a regular soldier? (not as a pilot) The real at-at has room to transport dozens of soldiers. It would be alot more realistic if you could get in, wait till it reaches a command postm, and then get out? Thats alot easier and is more realistic then running across a huge open field with snipers and turrets firing at you.

The cockpit textures are indeed embedded in the .lvl files (they look really cool). They had planned to have them, but LucasArts' impossible deadline made it well.. impossible to get it in on time.

Maybe we'll see it in a future patch, who knows.

-k

Are the graphics which are embedded into the .lvl files the same as SWBF? If they are not, then the developers where working on it and hopeful a patch would enable them. If they are the same as in SWBF, then they just didn't take the time to remove them.

I prefer first person while in flight usually, just no eye candy to make it interesting. Third perspective is useful sometimes, but sometimes I like to go first person just for a change of style or whatever.

Yeah, same here, but first person never really worked with Battlefront on because of the whole slightly zoomed thing the camera has got going on.

I know some guys over at the Gametoast forums are working on getting cockpit views for all vehicles into the game. From what I've seen they have a pretty good speeder bike and BARC speeder view. It also looks like they're taking reference from other Star Wars games to make cockpits for the X-wing, snow speeder, and the A-wing. Hopefully we'll be able to use these in MP, as it is a control feature. If not SP will be fine on its own as I don't play much MP anyways.

EDIT: Whoops!! Here's a link:

http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2611&sid=e2aef201c091a0392801eb5d67838ecd

• 2 weeks later...

Archived