Home

Need Opinions on Running Enhanced On Beta Server

razorace

Hi guys,

I've been considering running Enhanced on the beta server during special pre-posted times. Maybe like for a couple of hours on the weekends. Would that be something that people would be interested in and does anyone have any suggestions on how we should handle it?

The main problem with running Enhanced is that it requires the client side of the game. Unfortunately, I've made way too many changes to the code, namely for the saber system and new saber throw to be able to make it run in server side only mode.

Thanks,

Razor Ace

Hurray, I can finally post!

I'd be very interested in knowing when Enhanced will be up. I perosnally only play JKA for the saber combat and after playing Moviebattles 2 and OJP Enhanced, I have no interest in playing anything that uses "base" style saber combat. "Base" saber combat is unrealistic and amounts to jumping around, red-stance (the scottish claybound style as far as I'm concerned, lol!), and "swing-and-a-miss" saber combat with little or no blocking. :smash:

The only suggestions I have for is to advertise enhanced here and in play as well as you can and make sure you set certain hours for play. Or maybe you should just run your seige games in enhanced and see if anyone complains! lol

By the way, I'll post my saber combat ideas and discuss them as soon as I can retrieve them from the MB website (which is down at the moment).

Post away. :)

As for running Enhanced on the server, like I stated earlier, it's gotta either be during stated times or by special event since Enhanced requires that all players are running the mod. Otherwise, players not running the mod crash out of the game within about 30 seconds of joining the game.

Archived