Home

Things that annoys me in this game

jetero

hello, i am new to these forums(sorry in advance for my english...)

And i want to state some things that annoys me in SWBF2.

I never played SWBF original.

I bought SWBF2 PC version two weeks ago, and the first thing i noticed is that the devs did not play their own game, i mean in a gamer point of view, not in a quality tester point of view.

1) When you press the TAB key, you can see that the "scoreboard" is really really bad, you can't see who is dead on your team and waiting for reinforcement, they should have divided this in two parts, empire vs rebels or whatever are the faction in presence. You can't even see the scoretab when you are dead, and this sux, since the only moment you have time to watch the scoretab is when you are dead.

2)Everytime i die, i hope that there will be only 3 or 4 seconds to wait to respawn, but often, i got to wait 14 seconds, the things is that when the ennemy takes a PC, the reinforcement screen shows up telling you that you have to choose another PC to spawn, and often this happens at 1 second of the reinforcement, so i got to wait another 15 second, this really pisses me off. They should fix that with autochoosing a PC to respawn...

3)This has been stated here already, but i want to say it again. The maps lacks inspiraton, i am already bored by the game, i mean what were they thinking ? are they real gamers in pandemic or what ? or just money makers ?

I mean, just watch the kashyyyk map, this is the badest map i have ever seen, they just put 4 PC there, some vehicles and its done, theres no strategy, just shoot... the only map i like to play is endor, and a bit of coruscant and naboo, the rest is awful. Its a bit like the KOTOR serie, put 3 corridors, a room at the end of each corridor, with a npc or ennemies to kill and you have a planet....

4)Having to shot a full clip of ammo with the basic soldier is ridiculous, sometimes even 2 clips to see the life of your ennemy to 1% just to get killed by his shotgun in one hit, haha ...

5) Yes, i hate space combat, because its just lock and shoot, kill 1 or 2 then die..., with that gameplay you start thinking that they made this game for the newcomers thats play on xbox.(and you know its true)

6) The only good thing about this game? its "starwars", other than that this game would sink.

I really hope there will be an editor for the community, new maps, new type of gameplay, new objectives etc..(i would be one of the modders) because i am already regretting my 50 euro. (i am thinking of making a starwars mod for battlefiled2..haha)

see ya in hell.

I agree, most of those things bug me to. I am also seriously dissapointed in the way Kashyyyk turned out, I almost prefer the SWBF1 layout to this one. All the maps could have been done better, but Kashyyyk is probably the biggest disapointment.

The only thing I disagree on is space combat which I personally enjoy, sure at first I tended to die very quickly but now I'm finding it easier and easier to survive entire rounds without dieing once, I think of them like the ground maps, fine, but they could have been soo much better.

....see ya in hell.
Nice entrance. ;)

The mod everyone is thinking of is Galactic Conquest.

I agree, most of those things bug me to. I am also seriously dissapointed in the way Kashyyyk turned out, I almost prefer the SWBF1 layout to this one. All the maps could have been done better, but Kashyyyk is probably the biggest disapointment.

The only thing I disagree on is space combat which I personally enjoy, sure at first I tended to die very quickly but now I'm finding it easier and easier to survive entire rounds without dieing once, I think of them like the ground maps, fine, but they could have been soo much better.

Agreed on Kashyyyk. The only interesting thing about the map is the seawall and defensive wall with the gate, but whenever I play the Republic/Rebels, we unfortunately never have to retreat to the wall to mount a glorious defense. I really want to do that, but the problem is that Battlefront II is too easy! And the sad part is that I lost a few times in Battlefront I, but I haven't lost once in Battlefront II, even on the hardest setting! Now that is pathetic.

On space battles: yeah, they're ok, but they could be so much better, like I've stated in previous threads. Where's the dogfighting? I have done nothing except blast TIEs that rarely shoot back or swerve. Where's the major threat of dying? In X-wing Alliance, I always grew tense when a TIE Defender was flying straight at me, launching a concussion missile. Where's the boarding? Pff, it ain't even boarding; once you're in the control room, you're guarunteed to destroy all the ship sysytems. I want a desperate fight in ship corridors where the enemy has just seized the hanger command post, spawning troops there, while the capital ship could blow with the constant pounding of a Star Destroyer's turbolasers. Now that would truly be a space battle.

1) Who the hell cares about the score?

2) First of all, its CP not PC. Second, Stop Whining. Sometimes you gotta goto another CP you lazy.

3) Inspiration my ass. Kashykk Is a small map because they only showed a small map in the movies. AND DONT DISS KOTOR THAT SERIES IS THE BEST. You seriously have problems.

4) I am forced to agree with you on this one.

5) XBox? Xbox is made by Bull Rates. Back on topic, What do you expect? ITS CALLED STAR WARS REALISM. Troopers and Grunts have average skill. They can't stay in space for 30 minutes without being hit and killed like some kinda Jedi.

6) Good luck making your Crap-Mod.

1)Calm down.

2)This is his personal opinion.

3)It ain't like hes going to shove it in your face.

4)Hes new give him a friggin' break

Personally my main problem is that the developers got the info and facts down wrong to how they were actually written in the books and shown in the movies. Thats just because im a Star Wars nerd tho. I think Kashyykk was how it was like in the movies. If you shoot you might survive. Thats what its like in an open battle. Waiting to be spawned for 14 seconds is annoying but since youre kind of comparing it to the Battlefield series its not that bad because i wait for 12 seconds in the battlefield games.

1) Who the hell cares about the score?

2) First of all, its CP not PC. Second, Stop Whining. Sometimes you gotta goto another CP you lazy.

3) Inspiration my ass. Kashykk Is a small map because they only showed a small map in the movies. AND DONT DISS KOTOR THAT SERIES IS THE BEST. You seriously have problems.

4) I am forced to agree with you on this one.

5) XBox? Xbox is made by Bull Rates. Back on topic, What do you expect? ITS CALLED STAR WARS REALISM. Troopers and Grunts have average skill. They can't stay in space for 30 minutes without being hit and killed like some kinda Jedi.

6) Good luck making your Crap-Mod.

I agree with clonearcman there was no need for that, why don't you edit your post and change it to something thats a little more than just insults.

Hello again,

for KenobiChronicle : i said PC because my game is french, so its "point de commandement" as for "command point". Everywhere you look in the french game its called a PC.

I , for instance, care about the score, but not only that, i want to know how many of my team mates are dead , and also because i play mainly on autobalance servers(not a choice), often the teams are not well balanced ( often 5 vs 10..., its a bug).

About kashyyyk now, i think theres a problem between making a map for a game, and making a "historical thing". I mean personnaly , i don't care if its refleting 100% of the original terrain that you can see in the movies, i mean if you look at geonosis for example, theres nothing from the movies, or naboo or coruscant or endor... so they should adapt what they want to make for a gameplay purpose (i hope i am clear).

And for space combat, they should add EMP equipment, for destabilizing ennemy missiles, that you must launch only when the missile is less than 50 meters of your ass for the EMP to be effective, then accelerating to avoid the resulting explosion from the missile exploding on your EMP. Every TIE or X-wing could have only 2 or 3 of these EMP before having to restock at a cruiser or something like that.

Only my personal thoughts.

thx.

I use mouse+keyboard, i should try a joystick but i only have a gamepad that looks like a PS2 pad, but mine has more buttons, but anyway i don't think this will change what i have stated earlier about space combat.

For zerted : i know it takes 3 or 4 headshots to kill a unit, but you have to agree with me that the gameplay is not very precise, i mean if you shot at point blank to a unit, the shot does not go where you were exactly pointing at.(i am comparing to other games, counterstrike for instance). The same goes for turrets, vehicles etc ...

I've found that the ships are extremely sluggish when using the mouse for maneuvering.

I agree, I wish that spaceships felt more like games like Halo where the control is much easier.

I also wish the heroes had more maneuverability like the jedi in Jedi Outcast/Academy

Finally it'd be cool if you could break the republic vs cis and rebels vs empire and have games like clonetroopers vs stormtroopers, jawas vs ewoks, etc, on all planets

I don't know, I kind of like the space controls, seem easy enough to use to me. But then again I know absolte nil about starfighter games, so I'm not the best judge.

It would be cool if you could mix and match factions though, even some crazy ones, ewoks vs. wookiees! Continuity errors be damned! So long as it isn't in the campaign I think cool/creative combinations could be fun to play, who knows the kind of scenarios you could come up with...

The twin suns of Tatooine shine brightly on the desert town of Mos Eisly, deserted execpt for the two silent armies. The mysterious cloaked jawas are the only ones brave enough to remain, to defend their desert home. They stare with glowing eyes at the invaders, a group of barbaric ewoks from Endor, the lust of conquest glinting in their beady little eyes. Words cannot describe the merciless slaughter that follows. (Actually they can: random, surprisingly funny, and pointless come to mind.) Ah, a writer I am not, still, Jawas vs. Ewoks... priceless!

Better yet: Gungans vs Gungans. No one would die except for those that we already want dead! :D

Finally it'd be cool if you could break the republic vs cis and rebels vs empire and have games like clonetroopers vs stormtroopers, jawas vs ewoks, etc, on all planets
I've thought about this, although one step better: CIS vs Republic vs Empire vs Rebel Alliance. Seriously, that. Would be. Awesome. *drools*

*sigh* But that will never come from LucasArts. :(

That would be awsome, I can see some kind of huge space battle, with capital ships and frigates from all four armies fighting it out in one huge space battle... I doubt lucas arts would do it, but maybe someone could make a mod? Four sides is probably not possible but some of the other combo's could be.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived